Miyazaki C. Kua Shafts

Wow, I would have thought sure that that the lower weight of the new line would have resulted in a higher price point than the current offering. I lower price point is sort of a shocker.

Sssssh:shut-mouth: I really hope there are some value shafts for me to make my first venture into shafts, jumping in the deep end at 250 might be a bit too painful for me!

BTW someone has listed a bunch of Kusala shafts on Ebay at $240 plus $10 shipping.

Sssssh:shut-mouth: I really hope there are some value shafts for me to make my first venture into shafts, jumping in the deep end at 250 might be a bit too painful for me!

BTW someone has listed a bunch of Kusala shafts on Ebay at $240 plus $10 shipping.

Kusala have been on ebay for a while now and being that it is virtually the retail price, I would hope someone would go get fit if they can and spend the same money buying it locally rather than on ebay. Just my thought though.

I would hope someone would go get fit if they can and spend the same money buying it locally rather than on ebay.

I would if I could! There just isnt as much access down my neck of the woods, no Golf Galaxy, no TGW etc etc. I would love my first foray in shafts to be via Miyazaki, which means at least some guess work is in play. Sucks to be me huh?

I would definitely wait until their online shaft fitting is available then. Not too much longer.

More guys are starting to use the shaft on tour. Both started their testing and the feedback was outstanding.

Brian Gay
Re-shafted Drivers with 39 s C. Kua

Ryan Moore
C Kua 59 X

I was noticing that there doesn't happen to be a senior flex in the Miyazaki line. Is that because with the 4 number flex code they can pretty much cover all flexes and get the senior flex effect out of an R ?

I was noticing that there doesn't happen to be a senior flex in the Miyazaki line. Is that because with the 4 number flex code they can pretty much cover all flexes and get the senior flex effect out of an R ?

The international flex code makes it easy to find an exact fit for someone. The flexes become secondary.

So for example, if I hit a SuperTri in an M flex with the standard Fujikura 60 gram shaft and I am happy with the flight trajectory, but want to lessen the draw. Miyazaki would already have on file the 4 number flex code of my current shaft and then I could get fit online (available in the near future) or better yet at an authorized dealer. The idea is that each ten inch section of the Miyazaki shaft is broken down into a numerical code that represents the stiffness of each shaft section such that optimization of the desired characteristics for each player can be optimized.

So for example, if I hit a SuperTri in an M flex with the standard Fujikura 60 gram shaft and I am happy with the flight trajectory, but want to lessen the draw. Miyazaki would already have on file the 4 number flex code of my current shaft and then I could get fit online (available in the near future) or better yet at an authorized dealer. The idea is that each ten inch section of the Miyazaki shaft is broken down into a numerical code that represents the stiffness of each shaft section such that optimization of the desired characteristics for each player can be optimized.

For the most part yes. They try not to say "if you are playing this, then try this". But after a fitting, you would have your Flex Code and it could be applied at any time. Each 10" is represented by a number.

I have a question: Can you tell us what our Flex Code is just by looking at the launch monitor or is there more to it than that?

I have a question: Can you tell us what our Flex Code is just by looking at the launch monitor or is there more to it than that?

There is more to it than that. But we will have an assortment of Miyazaki shafts for you to try out and some might work out.

JB could you give a little background into your driver SS/tempo and what flex code is your Miyazaki shaft is and in the C. Kua are you testing a different flex code because of the weight of the shaft being different (I'm guessing)...thanks

JB could you give a little background into your driver SS/tempo and what flex code is your Miyazaki shaft is and in the C. Kua are you testing a different flex code because of the weight of the shaft being different (I'm guessing)...thanks

I am working with so many different shafts I cant help with the flex codes as we are doing our testing. It really comes down to personal fit and getting a fitting to find your exact International Flex Code number.

THP Equipment Tester Todd H's review will be up next week on the C. Kua line.

THP Equipment Tester Todd H's review will be up next week on the C. Kua line.

nice! from what i gather, he's pleasantly surprised. can't wait to read the full write up.

I have about 4 of the C. Kua line that I have been swapping out of my SuperTri in an effort to try them out. I am almost ready to make the switch. I have really found one that I like. It took me using a bunch of different head/shaft combos, but the lighter shaft when paired with one of the lighter heads is working great and still has a great balance. In fact after 6-7 swings, I did not even realize how light it still was.

I have about 4 of the C. Kua line that I have been swapping out of my SuperTri in an effort to try them out. I am almost ready to make the switch. I have really found one that I like. It took me using a bunch of different head/shaft combos, but the lighter shaft when paired with one of the lighter heads is working great and still has a great balance. In fact after 6-7 swings, I did not even realize how light it still was.

did you try the 39 gram shaft? much of a distance gain? This is why I am leaning towards an R9/Str8 driver, the ability to make a shaft adjustment on the fly rather than drop it off at the store and get it 2 days later.

did you try the 39 gram shaft? much of a distance gain? This is why I am leaning towards an R9/Str8 driver, the ability to make a shaft adjustment on the fly rather than drop it off at the store and get it 2 days later.

I have the 39 gram shaft in a DST Launcher driver. I actually have had it in the bag for a few rounds recently and like it. Working with a 12* driver and that shaft, I have seen some ballooning, but not enough to outweigh the accuracy I have seen. The launch numbers are pretty darn good too. It will be at the demo day for others to try out as well.

I have the 39 gram shaft in a DST Launcher driver. I actually have had it in the bag for a few rounds recently and like it. Working with a 12* driver and that shaft, I have seen some ballooning, but not enough to outweigh the accuracy I have seen. The launch numbers are pretty darn good too. It will be at the demo day for others to try out as well.

Looking forward to it. I would love to find a driver/shaft combo that I can put in the bag for a few years.

Generally speaking, is it true that a higher lofted head like your 12 degree DST leads to straighter shots ? If so, how about trying out a Superfast 13 degree head with the light weight Miyazaki shaft ? Is the headweight of the Superfast light enough to work as well as the DST ?

Generally speaking, is it true that a higher lofted head like your 12 degree DST leads to straighter shots ? If so, how about trying out a Superfast 13 degree head with the light weight Miyazaki shaft ? Is the headweight of the Superfast light enough to work as well as the DST ?

It will be completely dependent on what your individual launch conditions are. Some people hit the higher degree drivers better and some dont.

I dont have a 13 degree SF to do that testing.

I have had my eyes on one of these since they were released, but the next up for testing is the Oban Kiyoshi, should be installed in my back up driver this week.

I have had my eyes on one of these since they were released, but the next up for testing is the Oban Kiyoshi, should be installed in my back up driver this week.

The C. Kua shafts have not been released yet. Do you mean the Kusala series? If so those were released in November of last year and we have a few other threads on them. As well as we have given away four of them on the forum.

The C. Kua shafts have not been released yet. Do you mean the Kusala series? If so those were released in November of last year and we have a few other threads on them. As well as we have given away four of them on the forum.

Yes, the Kusala series. First I am seeing of these, may just hold on for these.

Just finished writing my review of the C. Kua shaft I was testing.....you may want to have a read before you decide on anything.
Yes, the Kusala series. First I am seeing of these, may just hold on for these.

Back