BagBoy Revolver Pro.....thoughts??

tdinbr

Water hazards are tough!
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm needing to buy a new bag and am considering the BagBoy Revolver Pro because I like its features. Have seen mixed reviews on it though.
Anybody out there that has one, any feedback would be much appreciated!

Have also been checking out some Sun Mountain bags....pricing is a bit high. Are they worth it?? Should I go the SM route if I am considering getting a push cart in the future??

I can't answer your question about the bag, but as far as a push cart goes the brand of bag shouldn't matter. Any cart bag should fit. I wouldn't recommend using one with a stand bag though. Tried it once and it didn't work too good. The "pedal" on the bottom of the bag that pops out the kickstands gets pushed down when it was on the cart, and the height of the bag (Adidas Ascend) was slightly lower than the bracket on the cart that straps down the top of the bag- any shifting and the bag fell below that bracket.

Im rocking the Revolver Pro in Dallas Cowboys colors and love it. I have no issues with it all. If anything maybe not having as many pockets as others but thats it. And its a bit heavy but its a cart bag not a stand bag. The revolver seems like its going to last too. That was something I wondered about. Its a very nice bag.

Im rocking the Revolver Pro in Dallas Cowboys colors and love it. I have no issues with it all. If anything maybe not having as many pockets as others but thats it. And its a bit heavy but its a cart bag not a stand bag. The revolver seems like its going to last too. That was something I wondered about. Its a very nice bag.

The main negative comments I've seen about the Pro model is that the clips that hold the clubs secure don't function well with repeated use. This is a feature that I am definitely looking for in a bag. Ever had that problem with yours??

If you are looking at the model with the exterior clips for your putter and such I would stay away from that model and get the model with the putter well. I used to have a bag with putter clips and I wound up losing an Oddessey putter because the clip was worn.

If you are looking at the model with the exterior clips for your putter and such I would stay away from that model and get the model with the putter well. I used to have a bag with putter clips and I wound up losing an Oddessey putter because the clip was worn.

Good stuff! Thanks for the feedback!!

The main negative comments I've seen about the Pro model is that the clips that hold the clubs secure don't function well with repeated use. This is a feature that I am definitely looking for in a bag. Ever had that problem with yours??

Hmm not sure what the "clips" are actually. The putter has two funny wells on each side that dont look like theyd work too well but actually work fine. Each club has its own hole. I thought JB said something about older models having clips but they had gone away from that. Maybe you read comments about the older models?

Just checked and you are exactly right......I was looking at older model comments.

I was wondering why they would have clips when each club has its own slot......

Just checked and you are exactly right......I was looking at older model comments.

I was wondering why they would have clips when each club has its own slot......

Yeah thats exactly what I was wondering too.

beside it being a little on the heavy side, i think the bag is great for pushcarts, carts, i love the 2 side pockets, i just put my putter and 56 wedge in there and just grab them as soon as i get to the green, very convenient

I have the '10 model with the 2 putter wells, I'm not as impressed with it as I thought I'd be. the wells push the club out from the bag too much for me also the ball holder isnt that great of design in my book. after a couple of rounds (4-6) I went back to my Datreck. it just works better for me. Do remember I'm a oddball, I usally dont follow the norm.

Just got a new bag, old one being the revolver. Used it for @ 4yrs, the clips that hold the putter do wear, it's dropped my Scotty twice but only in a cart over bad bumps. A little heavier than most bags, but the revolver feature is nice. Overall great bag.

Revolver Pro was on my list but went with the Sun Mountain C-130, and love it, no regrets at all. The Bagboy had clips instead of wells for the putter which I wasn't crazy about.

Have you looked at the c130?

I have a sun mountain but it is a stand bag, IMO they are well worth the money.

I just got the Revolver on Ebay. It has the clips which are OK. Convenient for just grabbing your putter. I have a slot open in the bag for the putter when I am not golfing. The clips keep your putter from swinging around like they may in the well. I like the Revolver aspect. Helps you find the club you want. There are enough pockets but because the bag has a giant tube in it to keep the individual tubes the pockets do not flex toward the bag like traditional golf bag pockets. You cannot over stuff them. I like the cooler pocket. It will hold a bag of ice, 2- 3 cans of pop or beer. I am cheap and this is nice on a hot day to have your own ice and pop or water.

I am a camera bag junkie. I do photography for a living and have all kinds of bags for different assignments. 10 - 12 bags. Camera bags start at $100. My number one bag, Think Tank International is over $300. Always looking for better camera and golf bags as there is no single "Perfect" bag.

I bought an Ogio Syncro a few weeks ago. LOVE IT! The pockets are a little small but there are a lot of them. The individual slots for each of your clubs are awesome. The zipperless ball pocket is handy during the round when you need to grab a quick ball. I found a 15% off to Golfsmith online and got it for about $155.

Revolver Pro was on my list but went with the Sun Mountain C-130, and love it, no regrets at all. The Bagboy had clips instead of wells for the putter which I wasn't crazy about.

Have you looked at the c130?

I will check out the c130 for sure.

Thanks everyone for your input and feedback!!

Back