A Special Thank You

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bare with me here, I am going to get a little sappy on everybody. I want to send a special shout out thank you to Golfer Gal for the planning of this outing. She has worked her butt off planning this fall outing since the day the spring outing ended and deserves all the credit in the world.

A couple of years ago, I mentioned to her that we started a golf website, she was okay with it. A year later, I mentioned to some companies (before she even knew it) that we were starting a print publication, she was okay with it. A few months after that, I mentioned to her that we were starting a radio show/podcast, and she was okay with it. I asked her to quit her job to work at this full time, and she was okay with it. I told her that we were going to be doing outings and demo days, and she was okay with it. And as many on here know, I am no peach, yet she is okay with it.

Golfer Gal has put her entire life on hold to get THP Media where it is today and nobody, and I mean nobody, could have done it better than she has. She works 15-16 hours a day, for this and deserves all the credit in the world and hopefully someday the spoils to go with the hard work. This was my dream, not her dream and she has taken to it and learned the business side of things incredibly well. It takes a special person to dedicate themselves to get something up and running as well as this place does, and she is that special person.

During the last outing I mentioned that it was a trial run to the people that were in attendance because our last few visitors were, how do you say, "special", and that if it went well, we would do a grand outing in the fall. She agreed and went to work. We found the resort, which was a dual effort, after speaking to hundreds of places, and then she took over from there. Between organizing the outing with the resort, by planning demo days, golf, tee times, dinner, and everything else, Golfer Gal made this thing work. She then went to work on demo day. Contacting every single company in the world and giving them a breakdown of what we do, how we do it, the rules that we are firm with, and everything else one could imagine. From there it was the golfers, and all 48 have needs for roomates, booking, confirmation numbers, etc... We expected the old saying of "if you build it, they will come" and she certainly built the foundation for this to be an incredible event.

Of course then at crunch time of dealing with the companies at the deadline for demo day, I up and leave to go to Bandon Dunes for the Wear in the World finals for 3-4 days. Not a single peep, as she continued to take the company by the reigns and do everything possible to get this outing perfect for our guests, companies, and the resort.

All of this going on at the same time our Summer Issue of the magazine is shipping to us and our readers, dealing with the magazine budget and all the companies that go along with putting that magazine together. The site does not stop and she worked with the staff writers to make sure that articles were still up every single day, the forum was still running smoothly, and the business was running like a well oiled machine.

This lady is truly remarkable and I am blessed to be able to share my life with her every day. But outside of that, the people here are lucky to have her behind the scenes running things, because without her, there would be few contests, there would be no outings, and there would be no THP. This is not a thread to say to everybody "thank GG, because she is great". This is a thread because I wanted to share the experience that I get by having her in my life and making me a better person every day with all of you.

The site is running smoothly, the magazine came out and looks incredible, the outing is about as perfectly planned as it could be (it truly will be remarkable), and she still has a smile on her face. One that lights up a room the minute she walks into it. Golfer Gal deserves this every now and then, and at some point, I will be able to make good on some promises that I made to her a couple of years ago.

I love you Morgan, and you are the reason that people smile around here all the time. Thank you!

Great post, JB. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into this site and all of the INCREDIBLE things that we are able to be a part of. GolferGal has completely outdone herself with this outing and I am thanking my lucky stars every day that I decided to join this site. That simple act has given me more good times and memories than you all will ever know.

nice! i will agree on a couple of things: yes, we are "special" and yes, GG is the reason why we smile around here, and yes, you are no peach.

seriously, that was cool. thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings.

Hall of Fame post JB. Both you, GG, and Ellie along with Hacktastic Hacker make THP churn along. Going out on a limb here but I think it's safe to say that all of us are glad that we're along for the ride! Viva la THP

Wonderful post JB, I have to imagine you pinch yourself every single day to make sure this is not just a dream. You have truely been blessed my friend. I will say that you left out one very important part in the whole mix, the family side that most if not all of us on the site feels. I for one feel like a family member here simply because you and especially Morgan fostered that atmosphere.

Thank You GG for all the hard work, also thank you to THP as a whole.

Nice post JB - I'd love to make one of the THP outings one day. Any thoughts to make the magazine available electronically for those of us NOT in the US or Canada?

Wow. I knew GG did a lot, but it is hard for us on the outside to realize just how much she does. You rock GolferGal!

Last edited:
very nice post JB. I have yet to meet GolferGal, but through our interactions on the forum and PM's I can tell she is truely an awesome person. Can't wait to meet both of you and everyone else in 29 days

Great post, I can not say it any better that you JB or the others before me here on this post. I will say that I am feel very fortunate I have found this little spot on the web, I feel I have several good friends and extrneded family members here, I so look forward to meeting many of you in less than a month. I thank both Morgan and you JB for providing this to us. I wish you nothing but the utmost in success in your future endevors with THP and whatever else life has in store for you both.

Great post JB. You did an awesome job in describing how amazing a partner GG has been - in more ways than one - to your friends here in THP. It's great to see a husband and wife be such supportive and appreciative business partners. You guys rock!

Great post boss, I like a guy who isn't afraid to get a little emotional once in a while. Golfer Gal, everyone on this site adores you and we appreciate the efforts you put into making this place great! Keep being yourself GG, we love you!!

That was an excellent post JB! I think I got something in my eye.....You two are some wonderful people. They say, behind every good man is a great woman. GG, thanks for all you do!!

Truly great read and thank you GG and you too JB :joy:

She is definitely a keeper! I too have seen how hard Morgan works behind the scenes, and she is extremely committed to THP. The two of you are more importantly a great match for each other as well as the site! She doesn't happen to have an older sister does she?

If she comes up missing after the outing, I stuffed her in my suitcase, haha

This post, and several others you have made show exactly why this place is what it is and why most people enjoy coming here and spending time here. GG is more appreciated by us forum members than she knows. This place wouldn't be the same without you!

Good stuff!

Thank you all so much for your amazingly kind and supportive words, I can't tell you how much they warm my heart. JB is far too modest and the truth is he does 5 times as much work as I do and I am still very much in the learning process. I hope someday I can contribute to this company as much as his does and be as much of an asset as he is. It's JB and hacker who keep this place running smoothly and I am just fortunate to be welcomed into the club.

I will do my very best to make THP a great place for everyone to come and learn and talk about golf and life and whatever else is on your mind. I hope to continue to build great relationships with companies so we can continue to have great reviews and contests for everyone here. I look forward to our growth and what the future holds and I really have JB, hacker, and all of you to thank for that.

Amazing. Well done for posting your thoughts JB.

I've only been here a very short while, but I must say that I've felt very welcome and every member seems like part of the online family.

Great work GG. :D

awesome... thanks to both of you and staff for the hard and giving us a place to talk about "golf stuff"... hopefully someday, I'll be able to meet you guys...

Very touching JB. GG is flat out amazing.

My wife and I are very fortunate to have been able to get to know both of them on a personal level.

This place is as great as it is because of who these two are. They are two of the most wonderful people you'll ever get to know and we are lucky to have them poring their heart and souls into everything you see. Your generosity and unwavering support of the golfing community is a thing to marvel at. This post is just more evidence of that fact.

Back