WITB Winners Weekend Ending 8/15/10

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Martin Kaymer
PGA of America: PGA Championship
Driver: TaylorMade SuperTri (8.5 degree; Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha 70x shaft)
Fairway Woods: TaylorMade R9 3-wood (13 degree; Mitsubishi Fubuki Tour 73x shaft) and TaylorMade Burner 5-wood (17.5 degree; Mitsubishi Fubuki Tour 83x shaft)
Irons (3-PW): TaylorMade rac MB (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts)
Wedges: TaylorMade rac (54 degree) and TaylorMade TP xFT ZTP (58 degree)
Putter: Ping Karsten Series Anser 2
Ball: TaylorMade Penta TP

Hunter Haas
Nationwide Tour: Price Cutter Charity Championship
Driver: Titleist 909 D3 (10.5 degree; Aldila RIP 60 shaft)
Fairway Wood: Titleist 904F 4-wood (15 degree; Graphite Design YS7 shaft)
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX (18.5 degree; Graphite Design YS 85 shaft)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2 710
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled (52, 56 and 60 degree)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 1
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Never thought I would see a Titleist staffer playing AP 2's. Thanks for this JB!

Never thought I would see a Titleist staffer playing AP 2's. Thanks for this JB!

i think that quite a few play the AP2's.

• Admin

Really? Most of their staff is right now.

Are you thinking of the AP1's? They're meant more for the "rest of us". The AP2's are the forged players' irons.

Hunter Haas
Nationwide Tour: Price Cutter Charity Championship
Driver: Titleist 909 D3 (10.5 degree; Aldila RIP 60 shaft)
Fairway Wood: Titleist 904F 4-wood (15 degree; Graphite Design YS7 shaft)
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX (18.5 degree; Graphite Design YS 85 shaft)
Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2 710
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled (52, 56 and 60 degree)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 1
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

BOOYAH! :bananadance:
Consistently one of the best putters on any tour. This win nearly guarantees a tour card for next year. Last time he was there was 2005. In '99 he was #1 ranked amateur.

Sidenote 1: Anybody know where "Pale Rider" is. Hunter's profile has this statement, "Would most like to play golf with Clint Eastwood."

Sidenote 2: I wonder how many players still have a Nickent club in their bag.

• Admin
Static,
Its funny you mention that about Nickent. I did a count last month from the Darrell Survey at the time and there was quite a bit still playing the 3 and 4dx hybrids.

Static,
Its funny you mention that about Nickent. I did a count last month from the Darrell Survey at the time and there was quite a bit still playing the 3 and 4dx hybrids.

I remember like 2 years ago Nickent had some staffers on the PGA tour and the Nationwide Tour but I don't see a lot of Nickent staffers nowadays.

• Admin
I remember like 2 years ago Nickent had some staffers on the PGA tour and the Nationwide Tour but I don't see a lot of Nickent staffers nowadays.

Perhaps because Nickent is no longer.

Perhaps because Nickent is no longer.

Ahhh I didn't know that, what happened to them? Did a company buy them out or they just went broke?

Are you thinking of the AP1's? They're meant more for the "rest of us". The AP2's are the forged players' irons.

Yah you're right... I hit the AP 1's when I was getting back in to the game and they felt awful compared to the G15's and VR's. My bad.

Back