2010 PGA Championship (SPOILERS)

I have a question as a Poulter fan. Does anybody think that if he was in contention he would have tried to push forward? I often wonder that with players that withdraw. How close do you have to be to try and push forward at any cost. I also think this goes back to the difference in drive between some players. Im not saying he is not ill or could play even if he was winning. But I wonder about some players and their fortitude to just go no matter what. I think it is what made guys like MJ, Bird, Woods, etc...the players they were.

I thought the same exact thing this morning when I heard the report. I would hope that he would have pushed himself if he was more up the leader board.
I have a question as a Poulter fan. Does anybody think that if he was in contention he would have tried to push forward? I often wonder that with players that withdraw. How close do you have to be to try and push forward at any cost. I also think this goes back to the difference in drive between some players. Im not saying he is not ill or could play even if he was winning. But I wonder about some players and their fortitude to just go no matter what. I think it is what made guys like MJ, Bird, Woods, etc...the players they were.

btw- I really like Adam Scott's all Wimbledon white ensemble today

Apparently he felt awful yesterday too, and he pushed through. I think he did all he could.

Apparently he felt awful yesterday too, and he pushed through. I think he did all he could.

Do you think if he was within the top 20 that he would have pulled out? Im honestly curious

Do you think if he was within the top 20 that he would have pulled out? Im honestly curious

Probably not, but if he was playing that well that would have meant he wasn't really that sick, and I think he is.

I dont know. people have done some tremendous things with injuries. When some would withdraw, others persevere. I think it is part of the makeup of that person and its not a knock on anybody, just different people feel different things and look at things differently.

I am sure Poulter is sick. I just think his image as a sort of Nancy boy brings doubts in some people minds. I can't imagine any pro withdrawing unless it was absolutely last option. Poulter, IMHO, would have played as long as he could because he is a consumate pro who surely doesn't want that Nancy boy image to apply to his character.

I dunno guys this is a major IMO you gotta push through MJ was sick during one of his many NBA Finals and he still played i gotta believe if he was higher up the leader board he would have tried not just hung it up early

Moms always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything...

Moving on.

Last time I tried to 'push through' with a chest infection, which is what I think Poulter said he had, I ended up in hospital with pneumonia and it took me about 8 months before I was fully recovered. I don't blame Poulter for pulling out at all. There's grit and determination and then there's just stupid.

looking forward to watching todays coverage. i missed most of yesterday afternoon, but i must say that so far, tiger's ball striking is looking much better. i can't believe how different he is fraom last weekend. it's nice to see him sticking some approach shots and scoring.

as far as poulter goes, i have to think that he just couldn't go out there today. it's no secret that the guy's a hard worker and i honestly feel as though there was just no gas in the tank today. bummer too, i like IJP.

Tigers game reminds me of my game right now. I can go out and shoot +1 or 2 and the very next day shoot 88. His ball striking from shot to shot is so erratic its unreal.

I like the PGA commercials trying to encourage folks to play. They need more of that type of thing.

Fans better be careful following Clark and Woods today. They are up in the gallery in every shot it seems.

could also be desperately searching for something to spark his game too.........
Wow. Tiger went for it. You gotta love his confidence.

didnt see the report but fen_boy is right on if its a chest infection and you ignore it and contuine to over exert yourself it can lead to pneumonia and or pleurisy. both of which are brutal and make it very difficult to breathe, cause high fevers, chest pain and can take a very long time to get over. if this is what it was then he was very smart to shut it down, if it was just a cold or allergies then it would be very weak to quit just cause you were stinking it up

Last time I tried to 'push through' with a chest infection, which is what I think Poulter said he had, I ended up in hospital with pneumonia and it took me about 8 months before I was fully recovered. I don't blame Poulter for pulling out at all. There's grit and determination and then there's just stupid.

Fans better be careful following Clark and Woods today. They are up in the gallery in every shot it seems.

sometimes i wish i had a gallery to stop some of my horid shots next to the green.

Phil was born to swing a wedge

I'd like to thank Appleby for starting off the tournament like a mad man with all those birdies...to only finish t-69(double money though). I wonder how Dustin Johnson will play today

I'd like to thank Appleby for starting off the tournament like a mad man with all those birdies...to only finish t-69(double money though). I wonder how Dustin Johnson will play today

hopefully better than his 4th round at the US Open. i think he and watney both struggle today and mcilroy wins it!!

I'm routing for McIlroy as well, though I wouldn't mind seeing Watney win.

Back