Trump National Philadelphia

moneymike

Reaction score
Handicap
I will be playing the newly owned Trump National Philadelphia in a few weeks which will be my first round at a Trump owned course. Does anybody have any experience good or bad from a Trump course they would like to share?

Played Washington DC. It was a very nice course. I think some of his courses are a little overrated compared to others in the same area, but in the end, that is more about prestige than anything else. You can expect good conditions and friendly staff something that he has harped on with his clubs.

Played Trump course in Puerto Rico a few months ago. Great course and experience. The staff and facilities were magnificent. Its Trump so you know brand name comes at a primo price. Enjoy the round.

hope you have a great time moneymike and take photos please!

I live about 10 minutes from this course.

I think you will enjoy it a lot. Before the Trump took it over, it was still a great track. It was made to mimic Pine valley (the properties are adjacent) to some extent and is pretty tough. The clubhouse has a great view of Philadelphia. Great conditions, tree lined and pretty long.

Have fun!

Played Trump LA, thought it was way over rated but have the facilities are first class (in a Trump over the top kind of way). Did play this course when it was Pine Hills and thought it was an OK track but not a top 50 public course. Will be interested to hear your thoughts after you play.

I played it a dozen times or so as Pine Hill when I lived in the area. Very nice design with 4 or 5 signature holes. I'm curious to see what Donald does to it.

An update on my round at Trump National Philadelphia.

1. Most everything in the clubhouse is now white instead of the rustic look.
2. There was a lot of construction going on during our round, probably saw over fifty workers on the course.
3. Many of the holes are being lengthened including one par five that was already over six hundred yards.
4. Fairways were among the best I have ever seen.
5. Greens better then average but could have been better.
Over all Trump is dropping a lot of money in this course and looks like he is trying to make it a tournament course for a Nationwide or PGA event!

album.php

album.php

An update on my round at Trump National Philadelphia.

1. Most everything in the clubhouse is now white instead of the rustic look.
2. There was a lot of construction going on during our round, probably saw over fifty workers on the course.
3. Many of the holes are being lengthened including one par five that was already over six hundred yards.
4. Fairways were among the best I have ever seen.
5. Greens better then average but could have been better.
Over all Trump is dropping a lot of money in this course and looks like he is trying to make it a tournament course for a Nationwide or PGA event!

album.php

album.php

Bump-

I am interested in this place potentially to join. It seems the course was good and has been improved over the last few years.
Any members or recent guests that could commenton the course (privately or publically)?

It seems to be reasonable value among private clubs, for now

Trump does a great job keeping his courses is great shape, not sure what the costs are but if you can afford it do it, I also believe there is a reciprocal within the Trump courses that could be very beneficial

I played there a lot when it was Pine Hill. I liked the course and disappointed to hear they went away from the wooden rustic clubhouse. Got lessons there a lot as well and the pro was a cool guy, but I doubt he's still there.

Taps away

Back