THP & adidas Golf Wear In The World Contest

Well crap, come on chris win! lol I have been waiting on this one for a while, hopefully everyone forgot about who they picked and my chances get better hahaha

The points taht you were seeing was based on social media winnings and challenges. The winner of the points gets 4 hours of interview time with adidas compared to 1 hour of interview time.

ahh ok that makes sense for the points, so how is the overall winner determined?

A combination of points & interview.

When will the overall winner be announced?

Originally we had the second part of this contest due on Wednesday August 18th, but since the winner will not be announced until tomorrow we will extend the second part of your entry until Thursday August 19th. We will make the announcement tomorrow on who won between Chris and Steve and then those people who chose the winner will have until Thursday August 19th to pick their favorite outfit. Good luck everyone!!!

Well folks it's official Steve has won the WITW challenge! Below is the press release announcing him as the winner. For all the people who picked Steve as the winner please send your favorite outfit pick to [email protected]. You have until Thursday August 19th at 11:59PM EST to get us your favorite outfit. Then a winner will be selected at random and we will announce the winner Friday morning. Good luck!!!

adidas Golf’s Wear in the World Program Concludes; Company Names Steve Olsen its New Social Media Catalyst After 50-Day, Nine-Country Globetrotting Job Interview​

Wisconsin-Native Set to Re-Locate to Carlsbad and Begin New Position at TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company

972880576_PepK3-M.jpg

CARLSBAD, CALIF. (August 17, 2010) – Four months ago, Steve Olsen of Green Bay, Wisconsin applied for adidas Golf’s Wear in the World Adventure: a 50-day job interview spanning nine countries and three continents that would pit him against another candidate and test his golfing ability and resilience as a burgeoning social media catalyst. Following the conclusion of the program in Bandon, Oregon, adidas Golf named Olsen the winner of the competition over fellow competitor Chris Dukeminier (Portland, Oregon) and offered him a marketing position at adidas Golf’s global headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
Olsen will re-locate from Green Bay, Wisconsin and begin his new role in the next few weeks as adidas Golf’s “Social Media and e-marketing Coordinator.”

“We are extremely proud of the work, the passion and excitement both candidates demonstrated throughout this incredible journey,” said Harry Arnett, Vice President of adidas Golf brand and product marketing. “Both candidates consistently rose to the occasion and impressed all of the regions with their work ethic and out-of-the-box thinking. In the end, we could only offer the position to one candidate and we believe Steve will carry the same passion and enthusiasm from his Wear in the World Adventure into our offices in Carlsbad. We can’t wait for him to get started and we expect him to contribute the success of the adidas Golf brand immediately.”

972880581_DSrCs-M.jpg

The Wear in the World journey began June 26 in Herzogenaurach, Germany at adidas’ global headquarters where the competitors played golf with PGA Tour Superstars Sergio Garcia and Retief Goosen, ziplined through the famed Olympic Stadium and learned firsthand what it means to be a “die-hard” sports fan as they celebrated in the streets with the Germans as their beloved national team notched multiple World Cup victories.

Their journey continued on to Norway, Scotland, Dubai, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Canada and concluded at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Bandon, Oregon. At every stop, Olsen and Dukeminier competed in a series of challenges designed to test both their business acumen and golf skills. Along the way, the candidates also experienced the local cultures and were asked to capture these unique experiences through Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social media channels highlighting their adventures and building loyal followers during their trip.

During this ultimate trip, they also proved that adidas Golf apparel powered by COOLMAX® Extreme performance fabric, and its industry-leading footwear, would stand up against the world's most extreme golf conditions allowing golfers to perform at their best regardless of what mother nature throws at them.
Flanked by a small camera crew, the entire journey was documented on the Wear in the World website.

Two months ago, adidas Golf partnered with Yahoo! HotJobs, a leading online resource for job seekers and recruiters, to open up a search for two candidates who would participate in a head-to-head showdown for a chance to work at the company. The posting yielded more than 1.1 million searches for this unique position.

The main sponsor for "Wear in the World Adventure2" is COOLMAX® fabric.

i'm not really sure who i picked, it's been so long.

Wow, I'm out. I was sure Chris was going to take this easily. Bummer. Good luck to those of you that picked Steve. Oh, and congrats to Steve! What a gig.

ok, i picked steve, awesome stuff! now to find an outfit.

entry sent, and i really want that outfit!!

congrats to steve for winning the job of a lifetime! thanks to adidas and THP for letting us play along.

Well I hate to hear Chris lost. He seemed a much more likeable guy than Steve but you have to figure they are going to hire the guy who won the contest.

I have no clue who I picked...haha, and being on the road I cant go back and look at my email. JB or GG can you send me a PM? Sorry!

Well dang I was really looking forward to this one but didnt pick the right guy, o well. Goodluck everyone!

are we suppose to include shoes? i can't find what shoes they wore anywhere on the WIW site

are we suppose to include shoes? i can't find what shoes they wore anywhere on the WIW site

Yes, you do include shoes but since they don't have shoes listed there just pick a pair of adidas shoes that go with the outfit, that should be fine.

Yes, you do include shoes but since they don't have shoes listed there just pick a pair of adidas shoes that go with the outfit, that should be fine.

ok, thanks for the info.

EXCELLENT...outfit, picked...fingers, crossed...thanks thp and addidas for another great contest....this one was fun to follow along with

sure would be cool to see you utilize the THP wheel of destiny for this one. take all those that enter and pick an outfit, slap their names on the wheel....spin it, and let destiny choose the winner!!!!

Back