THP Heading To Bandon Dunes

I was just in bandon this past weekend. Your in for some incredible golf. Played Bandon Trails and then one round on the other side of town at Bandon Crossings. Gotta love the rain like fog and wind.

Too bad I couldn't have stuck around. Left the place first thing Monday morning.

nice pics JB...

If its not foggy or cloudy, its not a true bandon!

JB is lucky he's playing this particular weekend. It's going to be warm and dry at the Oregon Coast. I'll be playing a cheapie course about 100 miles north of Bandon, and it'll be warm and dry.

I wouldn't want to step on JB's toes, I know he'll be posting them up and probably with a lot of commentary to give us a better idea of what he is experiencing.

I don't do twitter, so I'll be looking forward to seeing these here tonight.

Hey smallville just click on that link P4B gave and you can see them, i dont do twitter either but you can still see them..

Thanks, bridges.

Those pictures are amazing! For some reason I want to go out and buy a pair of Ray-Bans now!

Following along on twitter it looks like they're getting some blue sky now. Also looks like they're making good time.

Anybody know where they're going after Pacific Dunes?

All I can say is...WOW.

Yesterday was a 36 hole adventure with myself, Golf Week, Yahoo Sports, the adidas crew, and the WITW guys. Played Pacific Dunes in the morning and then had a break for a group lunch followed by heading right back out to the new Old McDonald course for another 18. Finished up with a quick shower and then dinner and drinks with everybody.

Both WITW guys are very similar to when we had them on the radio show, great personalities, fun, and this journey they have been on has truly been awesome. Today we will spend some time with each of them picking their brains about the last month or so and the travels they have gone through and then we are playing another 18.

Hi-Res pictures of the entire trip will be available soon, but I am glad you guys are getting a taste of it via Twitter. Those are only Blackberry images, but they will at least frame the story for when the Hi-Res photos are available soon.

Yesterday was a 36 hole adventure with myself, Golf Week, Yahoo Sports, the adidas crew, and the WITW guys. Played Pacific Dunes in the morning and then had a break for a group lunch followed by heading right back out to the new Old McDonald course for another 18. Finished up with a quick shower and then dinner and drinks with everybody.

Both WITW guys are very similar to when we had them on the radio show, great personalities, fun, and this journey they have been on has truly been awesome. Today we will spend some time with each of them picking their brains about the last month or so and the travels they have gone through and then we are playing another 18.

Hi-Res pictures of the entire trip will be available soon, but I am glad you guys are getting a taste of it via Twitter. Those are only Blackberry images, but they will at least frame the story for when the Hi-Res photos are available soon.

Very cool JB, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. How did you shoot yesterday?

Very cool JB, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. How did you shoot yesterday?

The early round I played terrible. Between only getting 3 hours of sleep and not getting to warm up, it was just a bad ball striking round. We did not keep score in that one.

The second round I played better, but just could not score. Ended up shooting 87. 44 on the front and 43 on the back. That includes a quad on a par 3 on the front and 2 doubles on the back. The back nine is a par 37.

I felt better about the second 18, but I was exhausted. Then of course after dinner and drinks, I still was only able to get 3-4 hours of sleep again and am tired heading into todays round. Fortunately we will have time to warm up and get ready. I expect a 7 stroke improvement today.

I love playing all the different kinds of grass. Being so used to Bermuda, it always takes me about 1 round to get my ball striking back to normal.

The early round I played terrible. Between only getting 3 hours of sleep and not getting to warm up, it was just a bad ball striking round. We did not keep score in that one.

The second round I played better, but just could not score. Ended up shooting 87. 44 on the front and 43 on the back. That includes a quad on a par 3 on the front and 2 doubles on the back. The back nine is a par 37.

I felt better about the second 18, but I was exhausted. Then of course after dinner and drinks, I still was only able to get 3-4 hours of sleep again and am tired heading into todays round. Fortunately we will have time to warm up and get ready. I expect a 7 stroke improvement today.

I love playing all the different kinds of grass. Being so used to Bermuda, it always takes me about 1 round to get my ball striking back to normal.

Well, one thing is for sure, you were walking so that means you were already more "serious". hehe. I bet you were worn out. You did pretty much just step off of a plane and into 36 holes of golf. Heck, 36 holes is tiring enough. Are you guys playing from the tips? I have faith that you will be 80 or better. I cant wait to come to Florida and play only burmuda grass. I wish I had twitter here at work, everone seemed like they were enjoying your updates.

We did play from the tips. Hope you are right, thanks for the confidence.

You should be able to at least see the pictures from the link posted in this thread.

You should be able to at least see the pictures from the link posted in this thread.

Your welcome, we all need a little vote of confidence once in a while, and from what I hear, you are a straight up the pipe golfer...Just had you a bad(tired) day. I cant open the link because its on twitter...blocked. Its cool, I will be able to see them soon enough. Go kick some arse today!

Looking at the course and slope rating from the tips I would say anything 85 and below is a pretty good round. Good luck today, Hope you have a birdie filled round!

Good Luck JB! Go get it done partner :golf2:

At the Portland airport after an early flight out of North Bend. Another night with very little sleep and I dont get home until almost 11am EST.

Yesterday we played Bandon Trails and I played with a friend from Taylormade as well as Jim Achenbach from Golf Week. Same caddy all 3 rounds made it much easier. He had me pretty dialed in. Couple of highlights:

Jim Achenbach made a legitimate 150 foot putt. Craziest thing any of us had ever seen and the caddy said it was the longest he had ever seen by far. Absolutely HUGE green and he was all the way on the back. Paced off and everything.

Dave from TM had an incredible chip on a downhill slider that was just awesome.

I played pretty well. From the tips shot 41 on the front and that was with 3 missed four footers. Back 9 I was playing well again, but hurt my knee on a fairway bunker shot on 16 and finished 9,3,8. I just could not put a good swing on the ball and need a few days off.

Overall Bandon Dunes was an incredible experience.
Both Chris & Steve from Wear in the World are absolutely great guys. We want to congratulate Steve on winning the event.
The entire team adidas staff was great and the dinner last night with everybody was just a blast.
Also want to give a shout out to Yahoo Sports writer Shane Bacon. Myself, Shane, and Dave shared a cottage (beautiful places that are huge). Shane was a LOT of fun and he can flat out play.

Saw the latest in rain gear from adidas Golf and was given one of the jackets. Awesome gear and we will have pictures up soon on that one. Also saw the new adiPure Z golf shoes that come out this fall. They are SOOOOO nice.

And of course played 36 holes 1 day and 18 the next at some of the most amazing golf courses in the world. Nothing wrong with that.

Glad you had such a great time JB now get home to your wife and princess quickly and healthy (except for the knee).

Just saw this and thought it was pretty cool. The course covered in snow...

BD.jpg

behind the 5th hole
BD1.jpg

6th green
BD2.jpg

16th
BD3.jpg

New 12 hole par 3 course thats opening next year there.
BD4.jpg

Cool pics, thanks for sharing. We have group going the end of May into June - looking forward to it.

Next week I am heading to Bandon Dunes for a few days and multiple rounds of golf at this AMAZING golf resort. For those that don't know the place, here is a link.

http://www.bandondunesgolf.com/pages/golf/4.php

THP was one of four media outlets invited by adidas Golf to go out there and speak with the Wear in the World Guys as they finish up their around the world adventure.

I am excited to say the least and look forward to playing 2 straight days at their courses. As soon as I get my itinerary, I will update it here so everybody can see what will be involved.

Dunes6.jpg

Very nice. I will be heading there in April. Can't wait. Have a great time JB.

Very nice. I will be heading there in April. Can't wait. Have a great time JB.
It was actually last year that he went.

Course looks more like a ski lodge than a golf course. Crazy.

It was actually last year that he went.

Course looks more like a ski lodge than a golf course. Crazy.

HAHA. I didnt look at the date. I am still going in April though. I will take pics.

Back