Big Break's 14th season begins in September

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This is a press release.

Golf Channel's 'Big Break' Reality Series Returns For 14th Season In The Dominican Republic
Filmed at Casa de Campo Resort, series premieres Sept. 29
ORLANDO, Fla., (Aug. 9, 2010) - Golf Channel's popular Big Break reality series will return for its 14th season this fall, featuring 10 episodes shot on two world-class Dominican Republic (DR) golf courses that have received awards and accolades from golf experts the world over.

Big Break Dominican Republic will premiere Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. ET. Filmed on location in June at the world-famous Casa de Campo Resort, the series will showcase why the island has been deemed by top travel and golf publications as a preeminent destination for golf.

The series will unfold on two Pete Dye-designed courses at Casa de Campo, the Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore. Teeth of the Dog is the number-one-ranked course in the Caribbean and 42nd in the world by Golf Magazine. Dye Fore is a picturesque and challenging course overlooking the Caribbean Sea that measures more than 7,700 yards.

"We are excited to partner with the DR Ministry of Tourism and Casa de Campo for the series 14th season," said Tom Stathakes, Golf Channel senior vice president of programming, production and operations. "The layouts at these championship courses will provide a tough test for our competitors and breathtaking views for our viewers."

"The DR is one of the hottest spots to tee off in the Caribbean. With upscale resorts, lavish pampering, pristine coastlines, magnificent scenery and eight international airports, it's no wonder why Golfweek named nine of the DR's designer golf courses on its 2010 Best Courses of the Caribbean and Mexico," said Magaly Toribio, Vice Minister of International Promotion for the DR Ministry of Tourism.

The Big Break show concept pits highly skilled golfers against each other in a variety of challenges that test their physical skills and mental toughness. Past Big Break champions have won tournament exemptions to compete on some of the world's top professional circuits, such as the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, European Tour, LPGA Tour, Nationwide Tour and Canadian Tour. Several previous contestants have gone on to compete successfully on the PGA TOUR and LPGA Tour.

do we know if it'll be men, women, a little of both? i'm kind of hoping for an all male show. the golf in season 13 has been pretty unspectacular.

I don't know. I like the all ladies version myself. But they've done it all three different ways in the past so anything is possible.

I like the golf shots in the mens but I would prefer to look at the women

This women's season has actually been avery dull in my opinion...I think the men has just been fun because it brings a stronger competition element to the show.

do we know if it'll be men, women, a little of both? i'm kind of hoping for an all male show. the golf in season 13 has been pretty unspectacular.

Dude I was gonna say the same thing, I will probably get railed for this but the women on this show seem like they should be on The Real World. I guess alot of it probably comes from how GC airs it but its really pretty annoying.

Thats an understatement! The view sure has been good though!

if we wanted to watch good golf shots, that's on TV every weekend

this is a reality show, it should be more about fiasco's and hot girls than good golf

I think the show needs to pick a direction and focus on golf, or focus on interpersonal drama.. it's sort of halfway in between right now and all we have is above average looking girls playing mediocre looking golf

Last edited:
Thats an understatement! The view sure has been good though!

I thought that'd be the case when watching the show, but it has been really bad. I've enjoyed the previous seasons, but have been really turned off this year.

saw a preview of this it looks like its gonna be mixed which i enjoy more, ladies to look at and men to say dang how come i cant do that every time, or in some cases (see BB Prince Edward Island) hey im not that bad

Anyone think the really talented guys/girls are afraid the show might hurt them with its all or nothing style?

ummm i dunno i dont think of it like that, i saw one of the guys from the last all guys one in a tournament the other day, and hey i knew who he was and im sure that the publicity didnt hurt i wonder what the guiliani kid is doing nowadays

ummm i dunno i dont think of it like that, i saw one of the guys from the last all guys one in a tournament the other day, and hey i knew who he was and im sure that the publicity didnt hurt i wonder what the guiliani kid is doing nowadays

Well thats the payoff for the ones who do good, they get the accolades but i mean for instance say someone with alot of talent but just doesn't have it that day, phil like i suppose, and gets thrown off the first day. That would be a career killer I think. Granted thats a stretch.

One of my favorite ones was the one a couple of seasons ago that was co-ed. The one with Gerina, and Brian, the "I hit it too pure" guy.

But overall, I like the all-ladies casts better.

The ladies have been fun to look at, but the game has been week IMO. Granted most of them can whip my ass around the course, but they have not shown great golf skills.

I agree it's been fun to look at this year's season but not to watch. Hopefully this next season will bring some better gamers.

Back