Tiger's New/Old Putter and grip

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Saw this image today:
52200074fd94aae986f83e09aa827971-getty-51434839sh028_pga_champions.jpg

Looks like a SC with a sight line. Also red grip is new for him as well. Maybe this is an older model he had lying around???

Could the Nike be back in the rotation again?

Interesting. I think youre right, looks like a SC.

Maybe its just me but the grip looks larger than his usual. Trying to quiet the hands?

so now he will be able to make those 15 foot par putts? and the 4 ft bogey putts too

Last edited:
After winning every tournament of his professional career with one putter I can't understand the equipment changes. Someone has to tell him this isn't the problem.

After winning every tournament of his professional career with one putter I can't understand the equipment changes. Someone has to tell him this isn't the problem.

Shhhh!! The equipment companies aren't going to be very happy with you if you convince everyone on the board here that equipment changes can't solve all a player's woes. :act-up: Of course, I'm as guilty of that as the next guy.

I'm sure Tiger would prefer to practice enough where "band-aids" like this aren't necessary, but right now is probably looking for anything that works to get him through the next month (or week depending on if this week goes better than last).

he just needs to shave! of course his game is struggling with a facial hair effort like that.

i like his shirt a lot! i have to be honest, i feel sorry for the state of tiger's game right now....he's searching hard for something, and i think that all of us have been there, and it sucks.

he just needs to shave! of course his game is struggling with a facial hair effort like that.

i like his shirt a lot! i have to be honest, i feel sorry for the state of tiger's game right now....he's searching hard for something, and i think that all of us have been there, and it sucks.

QFT. It does suck when nothing will work and anybody that plays golf will know that feeling.

its always the equipment

I totally agree about the state of his game. I may not approve of his off the course antics but I do feel bad for him with the state of his game and to be honest I find it painful to watch him struggle like he does. Granted he is still a hell of a golfer but he isn't the Tiger Woods we have all known and loved to watch. I hope he figures it out because I do not believe he is finished and I do think he will get his mojo back I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I also agree that shaving that ridiculous facial hair will help his game ; )

I totally agree about the state of his game. I may not approve of his off the course antics but I do feel bad for him with the state of his game and to be honest I find it painful to watch him struggle like he does. Granted he is still a hell of a golfer but he isn't the Tiger Woods we have all known and loved to watch. I hope he figures it out because I do not believe he is finished and I do think he will get his mojo back I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I also agree that shaving that ridiculous facial hair will help his game ; )

the biggest thing that tiger's poor play as of late has helped, is the confidence of his competition. seems as though the other guys just aren't as intimidated as they once were. if tiger was in the hunt on sunday, you could almost bank on him cashing a monster check, now it's just not the case.

I honestly believe that he needs to disappear the rest of the year after this last major barring any miracle win. He needs to go away and clear his head so he can really focus his game. It's hard to watch and while I don't approve of the his off course antics, he is NEEDED in this sport. Golf wins at any point where Tiger is performing well. Maybe he was a lil' premature in his return?

the biggest thing that tiger's poor play as of late has helped, is the confidence of his competition. seems as though the other guys just aren't as intimidated as they once were. if tiger was in the hunt on sunday, you could almost bank on him cashing a monster check, now it's just not the case.

maybe he is hustling them!!! Shoot 31 on the back 9 Sunday to win by 3. He has them right where he wants them:giggle:

I would agree with this, I don't think that he is as intimidating as he once was and while I like to see other guys shines I agree with others who have said that he is vital to golf so I would really love to see him come back and show us those clutch shots and amazing wins he used to.

I bet the first time he is coming down the stretch in contention, the guys ahead of him CHOKE. Oh no! Make way for the tiger of old!

I also think once this foley swingchange is complete, it could be almost a disaster for everyone else. I would love to see him just go on a tear winning 8 of 9 tournaments and coming top 5 in the rest. Winning all four majors, and the fedex cup.

Just imagine how exciting that year would be to watch? It would almost be similar to watching godzilla terrorize japan
I would agree with this, I don't think that he is as intimidating as he once was and while I like to see other guys shines I agree with others who have said that he is vital to golf so I would really love to see him come back and show us those clutch shots and amazing wins he used to.

And I think he knows this and is probably pressing to get back tot he Tiger of old...

I bet the first time he is coming down the stretch in contention, the guys ahead of him CHOKE. Oh no! Make way for the tiger of old!

I also think once this foley swingchange is complete, it could be almost a disaster for everyone else. I would love to see him just go on a tear winning 8 of 9 tournaments and coming top 5 in the rest. Winning all four majors, and the fedex cup.

Just imagine how exciting that year would be to watch? It would almost be similar to watching godzilla terrorize japan

I am not sure I would go that extreme and want to see all that but that is just me. I would love to see him be a dominating force on the course again but I also really like to see others play well and win too. You get to meet some really incredible personalities that way. I would like to see him win multiple times in a year again, and keep going after more records to break but I am not sure I want him to get all godzilla on everyone haha. But I do appreciate your point of view and I love to see fans passion for their favorites.

And I think he knows this and is probably pressing to get back tot he Tiger of old...

I totally agree and I hope to see that because he can make shots that no one else can and that is what I want to see again. As mentioned above I want to see him be a dominating figure in golf and see those amazing shots but to me sometimes it's more fun to see guys go neck and neck to the finish rather than have someone running away with it by 15 strokes as we know Tiger can and has done.

Butch Harmon -“One of Tiger Woods’ greatest strengths had nothing to do with his golf swing. It was his mind. It was his heart and soul, how strong he was mentally. And I think that everything he’s gone through has taken a toll on him. It would take a toll on anybody.”

"Gosh knows he can figure out the mechanics of the golf swing. I don’t care if he’s been taught by me or Hank Haney or whomever. This guy’s the greatest who’s ever played golf. He understands the golf swing. I don’t think he’s as sharp mentally and there’s a reason for that.

“I think that’s what’s wrong with his putting too. His nerves aren’t as good as they used to be. He’ll get that back.”

just some stuff I found from an interview with Butch Harmon yesterday

funny-picture-Godzilla-cat-picture-Gen-Kanai.jpg

I am not sure I would go that extreme and want to see all that but that is just me. I would love to see him be a dominating force on the course again but I also really like to see others play well and win too. You get to meet some really incredible personalities that way. I would like to see him win multiple times in a year again, and keep going after more records to break but I am not sure I want him to get all godzilla on everyone haha. But I do appreciate your point of view and I love to see fans passion for their favorites.

I totally agree and I hope to see that because he can make shots that no one else can and that is what I want to see again. As mentioned above I want to see him be a dominating figure in golf and see those amazing shots but to me sometimes it's more fun to see guys go neck and neck to the finish rather than have someone running away with it by 15 strokes as we know Tiger can and has done.

Isnt that why Tiger only plays a limited amount of tournaments? Is so that the other guys can win too? lol.

Tiger definitely isnt my favourite golfer anymore, I just miss exciting golf. In his absence, I have grown to appreciate others and have grown to understand that his on-course demeanor is outrageous. I know I probably have been quoted saying otherwise before, but its true. Until he can be dominant and respectable, he isnt the #1 in my stable. Also, it is clear that after November 27th, all eyes have been on him. Looking at past baseball players performances coming off PEDs, does anyone think that this has any role whatsoever in his play as of late? Big Poppy in Boston is the most recent one in my mind if I remember correctly...

What it kinda feels like now. I'd say it's more him vs the rest of the PGA tour now. I think he needs to shut it down for a bit. I want to see him back to form.

Isnt that why Tiger only plays a limited amount of tournaments? Is so that the other guys can win too? lol.

Tiger definitely isnt my favourite golfer anymore, I just miss exciting golf. In his absence, I have grown to appreciate others and have grown to understand that his on-course demeanor is outrageous. I know I probably have been quoted saying otherwise, but its true. Until he can be dominant and respectable, he isnt the #1 in my stable. Also, it is clear that after November 27th, all eyes have been on him. Looking at past baseball players performances coming off PEDs, does anyone think that this has any role whatsoever in his play as of late? Big Poppy in Boston is the most recent one in my mind if I remember correctly...

I don't know why Tiger doesn't play in more tournaments but I find it hard to believe it's because he wants to let other guys win. He only has to play in so many events, and in my opinion, I think he figures he will play in the ones he likes based on courses, location, and field and he picks and chooses because he can. He doesn't need to win a ton of tournaments a year to make his money because he is filthy rich and of course he has made a ton from winning but a lot of his money comes from endorsements. I just think he plays in less because he can and not because he wants other players to have a chance to win. Obviosuly, I could be wrong this is just my opinion on the matter.

I don't know why Tiger doesn't play in more tournaments but I find it hard to believe it's because he wants to let other guys win. He only has to play in so many events, and in my opinion, I think he figures he will play in the ones he likes based on courses, location, and field and he picks and chooses because he can. He doesn't need to win a ton of tournaments a year to make his money because he is filthy rich and of course he has made a ton from winning but a lot of his money comes from endorsements. I just think he plays in less because he can and not because he wants other players to have a chance to win. Obviosuly, I could be wrong this is just my opinion on the matter.

Oh ya, no, that was a joke. I wouldnt think he only plays a limited amount of tourneys so the other guys can win lol

That is why I hope the 1 of 4 rule goes into effect on the PGA Tour. It will make every pro play every tournament at least once every four years, that doesn't conflict with majors or invitation based events. I think this is great for the game and will force players to become more well rounded. If you think Tiger stunk at Firestone could you see him playing Harbour Town? Those fairways are twice as small as Firestones. Players right now play courses that set up for their game and typically lead up to a major. The tournaments after majors and during slower periods get weaker fields. That shouldn't be the case and if anything every pro should have to play it every so often.

Back