Titleist Seeks Preliminary Injunction Against Taylormade-adidas Golf

Has anyone else noticed that america is basically run by the corporations that are now sort of like old men with alzheimers suing each other and flinging mud in every direction possible! Scary man, i kinda feel like im on the verge of a grapes of wrath redux. Times are tough HP take ads from whoever will buy em i say!

I guess I better cancel my trip to WPB and leave recently purchased brand new Cobra bag and all my cobra clubs for another trip. I might get stoned down there with all the newsbreaks coming out. Geezzzzzzz I have tried to be cool about this but now I am sure to be snubbed.......

I guess I better cancel my trip to WPB and leave recently purchased brand new Cobra bag and all my cobra clubs for another trip. I might get stoned down there with all the newsbreaks coming out. Geezzzzzzz I have tried to be cool about this but now I am sure to be snubbed.......

Your still cool in my book old man!

I would stone you if you bailed on WPB.
Really though, I would hunt you down.

I feel the same way buddy, at least I don't have a Cobra bag. I do wear Cobra hats though, so I guess it's a good thing I have some new hats coming!

Dude. Camilo and Poulter? nah man.

Snedeker and Trevino are 10x the dynamic duo that those^ hacks ever will be.
I feel the same way buddy, at least I don't have a Cobra bag. I do wear Cobra hats though, so I guess it's a good thing I have some new hats coming!

Haha, yeah. And definitely known for their cutting-edge style!

But Gray, them Snakes!! That's the kind of talk that pesky Calloway and hungry JB want to hear!! I kid, I kid. :D

I too will be VERY upset if you're not there Gray!!

Your still cool in my book old man!

I would stone you if you bailed on WPB.
Really though, I would hunt you down.

But Gray, them Snakes!! That's the kind of talk that pesky Calloway and hungry JB want to hear!! I kid, I kid. :D

I too will be VERY upset if you're not there Gray!!

Hey I appreciate all my friends on here. Everyone is special and you all feel like family. Thanks for the support and well wishes. You have supported my in my times of bad health and now good health. No better friends than that. You are the best! Now here's my thoughts and I'm sticking to it:

I feel like soon enough there is going to be a bashing on the red headed step child (Cobra) from this recent press release. Taylormade is getting sued by Cobra which happens to be my choice of clubs. I have been keeping my remarks cool and not stating my thoughts on this topic because once you say things, they can not be recalled. I have met so many nice people on here and my wife Kelly also enjoys the great friends we have met, to include some very fine people (JB & GG) who run such a class operation…I don’t know who is a fault in this law suit stuff (TaylorMade or Titliest & now Cobra) and I really don’t give a flip. I do take offense when people take pot shots at my choice of equipment. I have never ever said anything at all about another person’s club brand or choice on here. I don’t care if you have 14 different brand clubs in your bag or 14 TaylorMade, Nike, Mizuno, etc. yada yada yada…. If that makes you happy so be it. It’s going to be interested to see who comments and what type of harsh remarks are once again put out to blame a company or companies that actually may not be at fault.

Last edited:
Very well said Gray!! I agree 150%. There is definitely no reason to bash a persons club choices regardless if companies are suing each other or not. We all have our own opinions of the clubs and balls we play. That is our right as individuals. At any rate, I'll stop rambling now.

wow that was entertaining reading thru 11 pages of posts! some really good ones and some really strange/sad ones. love em or hate em theres only one thing you can say about THP equipement reviews, they are honest, through, fair and complete. did I mention unbiased? as a consumer/forum member thats all we can ask for right? the reviews are the reason I joined THP as well as I'm sure alot of others as well. so keep doing your thing THP and to the haters well dont let the door...

good to see you back Sunday! and I hope the door hits them squarely in the BEEP on the way out lol

Ima change my name on here to Cobra Commander hahaha COBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I appreciate all my friends on here. Everyone is special and you all feel like family. Thanks for the support and well wishes. You have supported my in my times of bad health and now good health. No better friends than that. You are the best! Now here's my thoughts and I'm sticking to it:

I feel like soon enough there is going to be a bashing on the red headed step child (Cobra) from this recent press release. Taylormade is getting sued by Cobra which happens to be my choice of clubs. I have been keeping my remarks cool and not stating my thoughts on this topic because once you say things, they can not be recalled. I have met so many nice people on here and my wife Kelly also enjoys the great friends we have met, to include some very fine people (JB & GG) who run such a class operation…I don’t know who is a fault in this law suit stuff (TaylorMade or Titliest & now Cobra) and I really don’t give a flip. I do take offense when people take pot shots at my choice of equipment. I have never ever said anything at all about another person’s club brand or choice on here. I don’t care if you have 14 different brand clubs in your bag or 14 TaylorMade, Nike, Mizuno, etc. yada yada yada…. If that makes you happy so be it. It’s going to be interested to see who comments and what type of harsh remarks are once again put out to blame a company or companies that actually may not be at fault.

Gray, nobody ever takes Pot Shots at your equipment. They take pot shots at your running advertisement about the equipment. It has nothing to do with the brand you chose.

Just like Poulter is by far and away ahead of Freddy right?

I read through a bunch of this and some of the comments just flat pis#$ me off. Following the herd? So now we are too stupid to decide for our self's what works best in our own hands? That explains why I still have the old R9 driver I bought before joining this site and my SlotLine putter that few, if any, others on here have.

Now a few things may change after the Florida swing, lol, but that will be because I had the chance to try it myself.

THP delivers the results in an unbiased, fair results kind of way. JB is asked constantly what works FOR HIM and he's honest enough to say. It does help narrow the search a bit, but often times I see different results in my old Hacker hands. Case in point: The two new TM drivers out right now. Neither one showed a lick of gain for me verses my driver and neither are in my bag.

Keep up the great job JB and GG. Best golf site on the planet!

Gray, nobody is judging you or anybody for the equipment they use :) You wouldn't be the same without the snake love, my friend.

Like I said earlier, I use some Acushent gear and like it quite a bit. I think the comments are more geared towards the company(ies) themselves.

Wow what an interesting thread.

I actually do not think the leak forced TM to make a Press Release. Many times you will find a company does not comment about a leak or a story even when asked a direct question. They clearly made the Press Release because they thought it would help their cause but I don’t think the leak forced their hand.

I agree that while CV may be the initial source of the leak I am inclined to think that Acushnet named him in an effort to keep him from making any direct public comments on the subject. Now that he has been joined in the suit I am sure his advisors are telling him not to comment so in that sense joining him in the suit would have that effect.

As to whether being the source of the leak might be an issue for CV, I don’t think so. Even 1099 employees can sometimes have some obligations to their employers but even if he were the source and did have some obligation to Acushnet in the form of some stipulation in an employment agreement I think Acushnet would have to prove that he actually told someone with specific intent that the person he told would then purposefully bring the story into the public domain. That would be hard to prove.

Regardless of whether or not TM loses the suit it is hard to imagine that monetary damages will salve the wound to Acushnet. As such it would appear to be a good move on TM’s part. TM diminishes the value of the current CV, Cobra and Acushnet contracts and enhances the value of the contract they just signed with him. That said I hate to see companies make that kind of decision (the “we win whether or not we are sued so we will go ahead” decision). We already have enough activity in the courts these days.

I don’t think the NASCAR analogy works that well in this case as so few of the products from the major sponsors are actually race performance related.” I raced better today because I buy my home improvement products from Home Depot” does not appear to me to be the equivalent of “I am not going to be using this product in tour competition next year but will be using that product instead”. I can’t think if any specific cases where a NASCAR driver did switch a race performance related major sponsor product under these circomstances.

I read through a bunch of this and some of the comments just flat pis#$ me off. Following the herd? So now we are too stupid to decide for our self's what works best in our own hands?

I hope I didn't piss you off Duey. I said something about people being sheep, but I meant dumb people and not people who actually pay attention to what is best for them and don't pay attention to the hype. I also still use my R9 460.

gray, i love the fact that you stand behind your snakes, b/c THEY WORK FOR YOU! and well i might add. i'm sure that noone is making any personal digs at you buddy, and if they are, they shouldn't be. you are entitled to play what works best for you, ultimately, this is what THP is all about imo. i have no problem with brand loyalty whatsoever!!! keep rocking the snakes man, and let those sticks speak volumes for your game.

Gray, nobody ever takes Pot Shots at your equipment. They take pot shots at your running advertisement about the equipment. It has nothing to do with the brand you chose.

The pot shots at my "running advertisement" for hissing snakes and such does not bother me in the least. I actually get a kick out those type of comments and a good chukle to boot. It just disappoints me how folks who love other brands such as TM, Calloway, Nike, Cleveland, Wilson Staff, etc. seem to all jump on the bandwagon when it's time to pour the lead on an unsuspecting company. You know, it's kind of like a dog that accidentally runs into another yard where two or three locals are taking it easy under the shade tree. Once they get a whiff of that dog who has with out knowing roamed into their territory, they all run over there and whup his arse. The single dog had no intention of causing harm, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and POW. Arse whupping and lucky to get out with all his limbs...... Everybody has their own opinions and I find that a huge amount of good folks on here dislike a particular brand or company for justifiable reasons. It's a free country, and also an open forum to express freely your opinons, and according to your (THP) creed, as long as the opposing party is not slammed or feels slammed. Maybe I am the dog who likes the Cobra bone and better keep my arse out of the other dogs territory.....

I hope I didn't piss you off Duey. I said something about people being sheep, but I meant dumb people and not people who actually pay attention to what is best for them and don't pay attention to the hype. I also still use my R9 460.

No way Setho, in fact I didn't even catch your post, lol. Another one did catch my attention. Sure, there will alway's be those who buy blind, but even then I suspect most are attracted to the item by looks or what ever and then jump on board by the hype. But thats surely not a high percentage of the educated folks here. Those people likely come from NC, lmao.

No way Setho, in fact I didn't even catch your post, lol. Another one did catch my attention. Sure, there will alway's be those who buy blind, but even then I suspect most are attracted to the item by looks or what ever and then jump on board by the hype. But thats surely not a high percentage of the educated folks here. Those people likely come from NC, lmao.

nice!!! i love a smarta** first thing in the morning!

ironically, i feel bad for guys like gray. he likes what he likes and it works for him, and i can completely see where he's coming from with his complaint. if i don't like something, i don't play it, there's too many options out there, but i just don't like something b/c of who they are, it's b/c it doesn't work the best for me. i like wilson's Ci9 irons, a lot! many wouldn't dare put a wilson club in the bag, b/c of the perception of wilson, and that i just don't understand.

i got hot and bothered in this thread when certain things were implied by a certain someone, and i just felt like it was a cheap shot. i have no qualm with someone being honest or expressing themself, but just do it, and be honest, and tell me why.

i have more respect for someone when they explain themselves, when they make the effort to get their point across, someone like JP. he gets a lot of respect from me b/c he's more than happy to explain his thought process, that's all we can really ask for.

gray, i love the fact that you stand behind your snakes, b/c THEY WORK FOR YOU! and well i might add. i'm sure that noone is making any personal digs at you buddy, and if they are, they shouldn't be. you are entitled to play what works best for you, ultimately, this is what THP is all about imo. i have no problem with brand loyalty whatsoever!!! keep rocking the snakes man, and let those sticks speak volumes for your game.

I hear what you saying old friend :eek:).... I am heading to the practice range to give my LW an hour or so time so she want get jealous at the GW...... Have a great day and talk at ya later.

The pot shots at my "running advertisement" for hissing snakes and such does not bother me in the least. I actually get a kick out those type of comments and a good chukle to boot. It just disappoints me how folks who love other brands such as TM, Calloway, Nike, Cleveland, Wilson Staff, etc. seem to all jump on the bandwagon when it's time to pour the lead on an unsuspecting company. You know, it's kind of like a dog that accidentally runs into another yard where two or three locals are taking it easy under the shade tree. Once they get a whiff of that dog who has with out knowing roamed into their territory, they all run over there and whup his arse. The single dog had no intention of causing harm, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and POW. Arse whupping and lucky to get out with all his limbs...... Everybody has their own opinions and I find that a huge amount of good folks on here dislike a particular brand or company for justifiable reasons. It's a free country, and also an open forum to express freely your opinons, and according to your (THP) creed, as long as the opposing party is not slammed or feels slammed. Maybe I am the dog who likes the Cobra bone and better keep my arse out of the other dogs territory.....

Gray,
In my opinion part of the reason for a certain brand being named quite a bit is based on their actions and THP and nothing more. It has little to do with you outside of the fact that clearly you are on payroll since nobody could be this much of a superfan...haha

But when a company chooses not to support the people of the site via testing, some take that as a knock on them personally. If it was a situation in which some companies chose not to be a part of it and some did, it would be one thing. But to have every single of the top 12 companies be involved and them not, it says a lot to a lot of people here.

But you of all people should understand that, because I have shared with you some information in the background that showed true colors of certain companies and certain people. WHo you choose to root for, play, or anything else is your business and all we want is someone to find clubs that work for them. Wouldnt care if its ABC or DEF company. But this community is different than most in that they love to rip through marketing and get to the bottom of line of companies that help and work well with consumers. Being that only one company chose to ignore consumer testing in this case, has led many to come to their own conclusions on why.

Not everything will work for everybody. Just you this year got a ZL, hated it, got a new shaft, still didnt work. Then got the next Cobra driver, hated it, sent it back for more weight and it still didnt work. As long as people can find what works for them, is all that matters.

So while superfans are interesting to say the least, I cant think of a single time when someone started something with you over your clubs. It may have happened after a comment such as "these snakes will hiss", but you have to understand that. No different than you telling others that the R9 irons you got were not to your liking.

We all want to have fun here and the goal of THP is to give the consumers a direct link to the companies to try products, rip through the marketing, and get to the bottom of exactly what works for them and why. Only one company has chosen to not be a part of that, hence the backlash. And to go as far as asking us to break the rules that everybody else has to follow and sneak a plain clothes rep in our demo day to monitor thoughts, wreaks of oddness in my opinion. So again, it has little to do with the person playing them and everything to do with the company and how they have treated the forum member testing.

Many others on thsi forum play Cobra and love Cobra. Including me up until a few years ago. But nobody seems to get treatment about it. It could perhaps be what I said before such as the constant "ads" and the constant "the snakes will hiss" in every post.

I have no issues with the banter and find it quite refreshing. In the end, it is all in good fun.

Back