Tiger & Ryder Cup

golf central is talking about a woods-foley match. Saying negotiations are under way. JB any inside info?

golf central is talking about a woods-foley match. Saying negotiations are under way. JB any inside info?

We got an email earlier today that they had spoken. But that was all we have heard.

We got an email earlier today that they had spoken. But that was all we have heard.

interesting. Golf Channel said to look for Tiger to play with Mahan and Ohair this week that way Foley can get a good look at him in person. Also mentioned they live 5 minutes from each other.

interesting. Golf Channel said to look for Tiger to play with Mahan and Ohair this week that way Foley can get a good look at him in person. Also mentioned they live 5 minutes from each other.

Ironically, they have been practicing together and Foley was seen with him as far back as the Masters chatting.

Ironically, they have been practicing together and Foley was seen with him as far back as the Masters chatting.

he's played quite a bit with Ohair over the 18 months or so...practice rounds I mean, right

I hope this comes today, and he gets in a solid three days with foley. so its exciting to watch this weekend

I hope this comes today, and he gets in a solid three days with foley. so its exciting to watch this weekend

I agree with you Thainer. I'm ready to see some sparks of improvement. I'm not talking a complete turnaround but some progress in the right direction.

Is Foley a Canadian?

I doubt Tiger's going to have two lessons, then win the PGA this weekend. If they do get together, won't Foley want to break his swing down, and rebuild him? Possibly as a Canadian?

Kevin

Is Foley a Canadian?

I doubt Tiger's going to have two lessons, then win the PGA this weekend. If they do get together, won't Foley want to break his swing down, and rebuild him? Possibly as a Canadian?

Kevin

My thought is that Foley would try to give Tiger a temporary "fall back" swing to rely on for this week. Tiger has no strong part of his game to rely on, and he doesnt have a consistant miss. It's left, right, short, long. Give him something to rely on this week. Then, Foley would break down Tiger's swing in the off-season.

With the PGA Championship nearing, number 1 status crumbling, the Ryder Cup sneaking up, Tiger has no time to waste. Hence, I think he should go with Michael Breed as his next swing-coach.

With the PGA Championship nearing, number 1 status crumbling, the Ryder Cup sneaking up, Tiger has no time to waste. Hence, I think he should go with Michael Breed as his next swing-coach.

Wow! Breed would be too busy showing him his Titleist clubs to work on his swing.

I dont understand the canadian comment, but yes Foley is Canadian.
No one said anything about winning. Chances are Foley can tweak his swing, make it semi efficient for the PGA, and on Tigers long break (like Sacul said)-break it down.

and rebuild him as a canadian.

Is Foley a Canadian?

Kevin

Wow! Breed would be too busy showing him his Titleist clubs to work on his swing.

+ He'd probably blab his way out of the job in a week during interviews with the press!

Tiger just got asked during his PGA press conference if he would accept being a captain's pick, and his answer was a pretty firm "Yes." He says that he hasn't talked to Corey Pavin yet this week, and also said that he hopes to play his way onto the team.

I heard that too, he did not hesitate at all either, "YES" was exactly what he said. You really would expect him to get a pick wouldn't you?

do you guys really think that he should be on the team though? i know he has the ability and we know he can be fierce, but it's just no there right now. if he gets picked i'm afraid he'll be a distraction. then who do you pair him with? i think as of right now, no way he makes the team.

i also think that foley could be great for him. hank haney has never impressed me. he's more about the glitz and glam, tiger needs someone who can get in the trenches with him and get to damn work! i want him back, he needs to get back, but until that happens i don't want him on this team. the euros are freakin' stacked and will be a very tough opponent. sergio out and says that if he doesn't make the euro team, he's taking some time off, no way he makes my team. he pretty much just said he's not mentally into it. let's be honest, the team that putts the best will win. tiger has shown no form with his putter, heck, he can't even make up his mind on which putter he wants to bag. i say no way!

I go back and forth on this one, look at the last Ryder Cup that was played without him, the American team was completely different and went out and won. Now a lot of that could have been because of Paul Azinger being a great captain too, but you just wonder. I think push come to shove you want the best player in the world on your team. We'll see I guess.

I go back and forth on this one, look at the last Ryder Cup that was played without him, the American team was completely different and went out and won. Now a lot of that could have been because of Paul Azinger being a great captain too, but you just wonder. I think push come to shove you want the best player in the world on your team. We'll see I guess.

i keep pondering the same exact thing man!!! so, he makes the team, who do you partner him with? has to be stricker right?

i keep pondering the same exact thing man!!! so, he makes the team, who do you partner him with? has to be stricker right?

could pair with Mahan, especially if he is working with Foley by then. Has gone with Furyk in Presidents cups and past ryder cups. I think taking him in the Ryder Cup is ok. I don't think his absence is the reason they won last time. Also, if he isn't playing well, he doesn't HAVE to play all 5 matches.

I lol'd and couldn't explain to my co-workers why it was so funny. Nice!

Someone posted a quote from Butch about El Tigre (not sure if this thread or the other). He could get Butch Harmon back and still would be putting up mortal numbers. It's in his head now. He needs to take a break.

If he plays the Ryder Cup he will embarrass himself with his play. But it is an honor to play for the team its just he doesnt have it right now.
Is Foley a Canadian?

Kevin

Stricker, Furyk, Mahan would all seem like pretty solid partners for Tiger. Stricker and Tiger really rocked last year at the Pres Cup so that should be a rock solid team again. I am of the feeling that if Tiger were to play in the Ryder Cup that once he got there and got in the team mode with all those guys it will heal a lot of the outside issues he's got going on. I think it would help bring out his game again personally.

Stricker, Furyk, Mahan would all seem like pretty solid partners for Tiger. Stricker and Tiger really rocked last year at the Pres Cup so that should be a rock solid team again. I am of the feeling that if Tiger were to play in the Ryder Cup that once he got there and got in the team mode with all those guys it will heal a lot of the outside issues he's got going on. I think it would help bring out his game again personally.

i agree 100%, he needs this more than anything right now. my pops was saying that he felt like tiger just needed a good friend right now, someone he could just let it all out with. who knows if he even has that? he's been so immortal for so long that his paint didn't just crack, it peeled off.

Back