America stinks at golf?

Your guys are running scared. I can smell the fear from all the way over here. :wink:

All it takes is another weekend of European dominance at the PGA and the panic will start.

Your guys are running scared. I can smell the fear from all the way over here. :wink:

All it takes is another weekend of European dominance at the PGA and the panic will start.

that's just BP's oil making its way home.

there's no doubt that that the euros have a good looking team, are going to be in good form, and i think could actually really put a smashing on us, but your captain is monty, and he'll do something stupid and he just won't be able to get the job done. i love how quiet pavin's been through all of this. he's a tactician so i give the captaincy edge to the US, and that's very valuable.

but your captain is Mrs Doubtfire, and he'll do something stupid and he just won't be able to get the job done like he did for the last 30 years in big events. Ohhh So maybe that is where big Lee and his moobs get it from.

Fixed it for ya.

Fixed it for ya.

thanks!!! somehow you just get the point across better than i do. and let's not forget about the fact that monty is a cheater! got caught on camera with his ball moving on the putting green, and he flat out denied it!!!! integrity of the game my foot, and that guy's your captain!!

i still find it hard to sit here and listen at how well the euros are playing, how they're dominating our tour, yet not a single one of them could catch, or even attempt to try to catch, a relatively unknown south african, who's missed 7/8 cuts in his career at the major championships, at your own championship. i just hope your boys play with that level of fire and intensity come time for the ryder cup, it'll be a shelacking!!!!

thanks!!! somehow you just get the point across better than i do. and let's not forget about the fact that monty is a cheater! got caught on camera with his ball moving on the putting green, and he flat out denied it!!!! integrity of the game my foot, and that guy's your captain!!

i still find it hard to sit here and listen at how well the euros are playing, how they're dominating our tour, yet not a single one of them could catch, or even attempt to try to catch, a relatively unknown south african, who's missed 7/8 cuts in his career at the major championships, at your own championship. i just hope your boys play with that level of fire and intensity come time for the ryder cup, it'll be a shelacking!!!!

The cheating thing and then lying about it still bugs the crap out of me. But hes Mrs. Doubtfire and that is that I guess.

They are playing great, but fire and intensity dont go with that team. If they are way ahead they can coast, but dont expect the fire in a close match on the final day. Just ask ole Lee. If Lee was ahead by a stroke on Sunday in a junior ladies Pro-am, I might take the ladies...HAHHAAHAHA

I guess all this is correct, and is just as well we'll be coasting in the singles then.....

hehe, this is gonna be good. Monty as captain just makes it all the more spicy, cos love him (nobody) or hate him (most people), he's a character and evokes emotional responses. I think you might just see him get a little fired up about this. He's at his best when representing a team.

I guess all this is correct, and is just as well we'll be coasting in the singles then.....

hehe, this is gonna be good. Monty as captain just makes it all the more spicy, cos love him (nobody) or hate him (most people), he's a character and evokes emotional responses. I think you might just see him get a little fired up about this. He's at his best when representing a team.

i wonder if his manbra gets disrupted when getting fired up....haha.

i agree, this is one of the ryder cups i'm looking forward to the most. the euros are stacked, in great form and are the favorites. the US side could go so many ways. there are a lot of guys on the fringe of the team, a lot of guys who would be great captain's picks, and then there's tiger, and what he's going to do.

this should be epic!

i also wonder if the euros will wear white pants for at least 3 of the days?

I agree. Win or lose, this is going to be a great one.

i wonder if his manbra gets disrupted when getting fired up....haha.

i agree, this is one of the ryder cups i'm looking forward to the most. the euros are stacked, in great form and are the favorites. the US side could go so many ways. there are a lot of guys on the fringe of the team, a lot of guys who would be great captain's picks, and then there's tiger, and what he's going to do.

this should be epic!

i also wonder if the euros will wear white pants for at least 3 of the days?

What would Lee do if he could not wear white pants? They are so slimming. Im kidding of course.

Poults won't be happy if it's plain white. This could be the undoing of our team spirit!

For all the people like Moobs that talk about American Golfers, this week we have the entire top 50 in the field playing together at the WGC.

Top 3 right now on Sunday all from US
6 out of the top 7 all from the US
7 out of top 10 all from the US.

Boo USA Go CANADA.
:alien2:
For all the people like Moobs that talk about American Golfers, this week we have the entire top 50 in the field playing together at the WGC.

Top 3 right now on Sunday all from US
6 out of the top 7 all from the US
7 out of top 10 all from the US.

Last edited:
Wow that was rather rude. I think the emoticon clearly showed sarcasm, and that it is clear that USA is dominating the sport. Settle down...

Nobody is making you stay here and earn a living here.

Well you did take a shot at the USA and as this forum consists of mostly USA people and you are living in the US, so not exactly the best thing to say.

It was clearly a joke. I mean its not even close. If it was close, i would understand, but its so lobsided i figured people would look past 'the shot' and understand it was a joke.
Well you take a shot at the USA and as this forum consists of mostly USA people and you are living in the US, so not exactly the best thing to say.

Still not sure how a banging head shows sarcasm.

Any type of smilie might work. Or perhaps the alien.

:sarcastic: How bout the one that says sarcastic?

So as we near the end of this tournament, we have:

Top 19 including ties - 14 Americans
And 5 out of the top 6.

Considering the tournament has the top 50 in the field, its quite a good measuring stick.

While I agree with you 100%, golf is such a week to week sport that sometimes individual fields can vary dramatically. That is why I support the world golf ratings taking into account scores over such a long period of time. You play this same event, on the same course, with the same people again next week and you would have a very different leaderboard.

The only way we can judge the best of the best is the results (like what you pointed out)- but even that isnt perfect.

So as we near the end of this tournament, we have:

Top 19 including ties - 14 Americans
And 5 out of the top 6.

Considering the tournament has the top 50 in the field, its quite a good measuring stick.

While I agree with you 100%, golf is such a week to week sport that sometimes individual fields can vary dramatically. That is why I support the world golf ratings taking into account scores over such a long period of time. You play this same event, on the same course, with the same people again next week and you would have a very different leaderboard.

The only way we can judge the best of the best is the results (like what you pointed out)- but even that isnt perfect.

I agree 100%. That is why I cannot believe that we hear comments constantly about this topic. The best ways to judge are loaded fields and the rankings (despite being flawed IMO).

All these young stars the Ryder cup is gonna be awesome. Hopefully AK has some idea of how to play golf again by then.

Back