Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
THP has a review of the Super Black on the home page and there are about 5 pages about it in this thread as well.

I saw that review...did THP review the Pro Black? I couldn't find it if it was reviewed.

I saw that review...did THP review the Pro Black? I couldn't find it if it was reviewed.

No, we did not.

I have played it quite a bit though, and just do not care for how open it is. I prefer my hybrids to launch high and land softly. The offset allows hybrids to do that, but I found the Pro Blacks to lack that ability.

Since my bag is a hodge podge now I am considering getting a neutral bag instead of an OEM. The Sun Mountain C-130 has caught my eye and I was curious if anyone has it or has had one and what they thought of it?

After today's round, I'm tired of my hybrid...I hit this thing into the atmosphere. Anybody try the Adams pro black hybrid?

I see OEM has the black super hybrid...how do you like that one?

I like it. When I need to keep it in the fairway on tighter holes Ive found it to be perfect. But JB is right its not the most forgiving of hybrids. Im pretty happy with it though and I doubt you'll have issues with hitting it too high.

Since my bag is a hodge podge now I am considering getting a neutral bag instead of an OEM. The Sun Mountain C-130 has caught my eye and I was curious if anyone has it or has had one and what they thought of it?

I have one. Its a beast of a bag. Everything you have can fit in it. 3 pockets in front. 3 on the left, 1 small pocket (keep my rangefinder here) pocket with a drink pouch and 1 large pocket. 3 on the right. 1 small pocket (cell phone/keys/wallet), and 2 big ones. 14 way top with a putter well plus a slot for an umbrella (i keep my alignment sticks there) 4 spots for tees, 2 pen holders and 2 towel holders. Is very stable. Mine is red/black, I love it!

No, we did not.

I have played it quite a bit though, and just do not care for how open it is. I prefer my hybrids to launch high and land softly. The offset allows hybrids to do that, but I found the Pro Blacks to lack that ability.

Thanks JB.

I have one. Its a beast of a bag. Everything you have can fit in it. 3 pockets in front. 3 on the left, 1 small pocket (keep my rangefinder here) pocket with a drink pouch and 1 large pocket. 3 on the right. 1 small pocket (cell phone/keys/wallet), and 2 big ones. 14 way top with a putter well plus a slot for an umbrella (i keep my alignment sticks there) 4 spots for tees, 2 pen holders and 2 towel holders. Is very stable. Mine is red/black, I love it!

Thanks bridges, thats the color I'm interested in as well. It looks like a nice bag with plenty of room. I was all set for the Nike bag but after Kevin had problem with his I'm not so sure.

Thanks bridges, thats the color I'm interested in as well. It looks like a nice bag with plenty of room. I was all set for the Nike bag but after Kevin had problem with his I'm not so sure.

Ya its real nice! You will be buying new things just so you can fill all the pockets haha.
I 3 extra xft wedge faces already stocked up in there, knee brace, game balls have there own pocket, extra balls have a pocket when friends forget theres or run out, tees have a pocket, alignment sticks, 3 towels, rangefinder, wrench for driver has its own pocket for now(figuring out what else to stick in there), extra headcovers for irons, the rain cover and extra big towel, and i still have a lot of room left. I can take out the rain cover and have 1 big pocket to stick something else in. Lots of room for sure.

you want some pictures of it? All i have is phone camera so not real good but should help some.

I like it. When I need to keep it in the fairway on tighter holes Ive found it to be perfect. But JB is right its not the most forgiving of hybrids. Im pretty happy with it though and I doubt you'll have issues with hitting it too high.

Thanks OEM. I see me spending a couple of hours at Golfsmith in my near future.

Currently looking to purchase a new swing since mine seems to be broken right now. Once bad range session....ok....two bad ones in a row....uh oh.

Currently looking to purchase a new swing since mine seems to be broken right now. Once bad range session....ok....two bad ones in a row....uh oh.

Is that possibly a shaft change, or has that not taken place yet. Maybe that could fix it?

The new driver shaft won't be ready until Monday. My longer clubs and hybrids are really dialed in. My issues now are with my irons and wedges. All of a sudden I can't get any of them in the air with any consistency now.

Is that possibly a shaft change, or has that not taken place yet. Maybe that could fix it?

The new driver shaft won't be ready until Monday. My longer clubs and hybrids are really dialed in. My issues now are with my irons and wedges. All of a sudden I can't get any of them in the air with any consistency now.

Good thing some things are changing soon huh?

Amen. At this point I'll take any help I can get right now. lol
Good thing some things are changing soon huh?

I just restrained myself from nabbing a used 5-GW set of Ci9's for 225. I even have the funds in my PP.

I know you'll be disappointed SH (I could hear you in my ear yelling "do it! do it!") but the 4DX Pro's are just too kind to me right now.

Cannot believe I didn't pull the trigger....what the heck is wrong with me? Am I growing out of my OEM'ness?

I just restrained myself from nabbing a used 5-GW set of Ci9's for 225. I even have the funds in my PP.

I know you'll be disappointed SH (I could hear you in my ear yelling "do it! do it!") but the 4DX Pro's are just too kind to me right now.

Cannot believe I didn't pull the trigger....what the heck is wrong with me? Am I growing out of my OEM'ness?

I actually agree with you. I found the 4DX Pros one of the best sets of players cavitys I have hit in a while.

I actually agree with you. I found the 4DX Pros one of the best sets of players cavitys I have hit in a while.

I love them, so smooth and soft feeling. I do want to get a more GI set sometime though so I can switch around (when I have time to play alot and when I don't), thats why the Ci9's caught my eye. I dunno, lol.

I love them, so smooth and soft feeling. I do want to get a more GI set sometime though so I can switch around (when I have time to play alot and when I don't), thats why the Ci9's caught my eye. I dunno, lol.

OEM'ness has returned.

The seller didn't sell them, I made a LOWBALL offer and he came back with a reasonable one. Used 5-GW Ci9's for a song.

I wouldn't have done it if not for the fact that I just made enough money to pay for them by the little kids football camp we just ran.

Who loves Wilson Staff? Jman loves Wilson Staff!

Haha nice buy Jman! We want updates when they get here! and i know TC has been eyeing them for a while now, so you made him jealous for sure!

congrats! jman strikes again!

congrats! jman strikes again!

Yeah. I was actually on the brink of going Miyazaki when the chance at these showed up lol, not two bad options at all.

Its nice because we didn't expect to get paid much at all for the little kid camp this year, instead, some nice golf money!

Plus, for what I'm getting them for I can turn em' if necessary.

But seeing they are already 1* up for me and have the nice FST shafts...I don't think that'll happen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back