Golf Course Superintendent

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketurf

Reaction score
Handicap
Of all the golfers out there, that play (mostly) at the same course, who knows the green superintendent by name?

Your response is appreciated.

I do not.

I would give feedback but I dont have a regular course. I do know the supers name at our local course because he left a very upscale course to go there. and he has completely changed the beauty of the course.

Nope, I don't know who it is at any of the courses I play.

same here dont know em at any of the tracks I play

Play lots of different courses and have no clue as to who the super is at any of them....

I do. He occasionally joins our group to play. We sometimes give him a hard time when he complains about a course condition (like when he 4 putted and made a comment about the pin placement being bad). Having him play with groups of members has made the course make some changes to how they set up the course to help both enjoyment and pace of play.

I know the name (mike) of the super at the course I play most often. I don't speak with him or see him all that often, but when I do, I will usually say a quick hello and tell him that the course looks great.

At two of the 5 I play, I do. One used to be my boss lol.

The two I know are great guys and always love input on the courses. One of them has the funds to change things, the other is a miracle worker for what he does with what he's got.

Sorry :(

I do. Of course I marshalled there some last summer for free golf. I talked to him a lot and learned a lot from him, since the course is Zoysia and I have a lot of Zoysia in my yard.

I know who it is its my dad :D
And I know who it is at just about every course that I play at.

I do, but we work for the same owner so it's a little different than most people's situation.

I work at a county owned course. Just about everyone in our county who plays golf knows our Superintendent. He is so well thought of that people would seriously hurt you if you tried to mess with him.

I can say I've never met a superindendent and certainly don't know their name. Sorry.

I've known him for 4 years now. He doesn't even play golf, but he can grow grass on a bowling ball. :D

I've known him for 4 years now. He doesn't even play golf, but he can grow grass on a bowling ball. :D

Is that ABC approved? hehehe

I know mine but it's because I help out during tourneys and such moving pins and tee boxes.

Sadly, at either of the courses I currently play I do not.

When I was a member at my last course several years ago, i know him by name, and even played with him a couple of times... the time I remember most is the smooth 63 he once shot when we were playing a money match. :cool:

I know mine very well. I've known him for 30+ years.

In this one-horse town it is easy to know him. He's also the club pro so he gets some fun dual responsibilities. I even answer his soil questions from time to time.

I know who he is, and we always exchange head nods or a wave when we pass by, but I've never actually talked to him. I should do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back