What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the good round roomie!

Congrats on the good round roomie!

Thanks! I was semi disappointed that I couldn't get through that front 9 better after the round though. I'm serious, this course is crazy different, easy front 9 and tougher back 9. Oh well, 79 is a 79...weird, a 79 yet again huh!?!

Nice rounds all!

I had a rough 9 tonight full of slices, hooks, and duffs. I somehow pulled off an occasional miracle shot but they were few and far between. I still had a great time with the group but I'm sure I was just rushing myself on most of my shots. I ended up with a 52 on the card and I was pleasantly surprised.

We did end up having an fun moment out there. We had all made it up to the 8th green and I had just chipped my shot on the green. My buddy had his putt all lined up and was in his backswing when all of a sudden we heard Pssssss. He got the bidet treatment straight to the keister from the sprinkler head. They all just packed up and headed for the clubhouse. I was walking so I figured I'd just play it out. It was a little wet since the fairways and greens were getting watered but I'd been through worse.

Shot a 44 on 9 today. The bew swing is sooooooo tough to keep going. Very rushed today and I was so nervous trying it out. We were packed today too. Range before was good but not after. Itll take some time. Hard to take it on the course. But when i did hit some good shots. I have a hard time playing with people I dont know lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick with it Yoc, it'll get easier and easier for you. Before long it'll be second nature.

Nice work Dirt, hard to call you Dirt when the dang sprinklers clean you off like that! Funny stuff!

Nice work Dirt, hard to call you Dirt when the dang sprinklers clean you off like that! Funny stuff!

I definitely earned my name yesterday when I dug my truck out of the mud hole I got stuck in. I was a sloppy mess. :D

81 (+10) on a new course (and a GORGEOUS one at that) and that was with THREE doubles....THREE.

The 70's continue to laugh in my face.

Different course Smalls, but just as hard, this a different type of setup. It is a desert course where unless you are on the fairway, you are OB in preserved land where you can't hit out of. In other words if I play like today I am screwed!!!

Desert course. Drop one of your clubs you don't use often and put in an extra putter or some other club you can use to smack the ball back to the fairway. (That you don't mind getting a bit scuffed up!)

Thank you for the encouragemebt p4b. Its a pain in the @ss but ill keep at it haha.

Youre puttin up some awesome score man. DG we got the water treatment too lol. They laughed abt it ha. Dent nice putting bro! Smallsssss!!!!!!! KB you gotta throw Gray a bone every once in awhile haha. Everyone posting on here is good stuff. Even those with frustrating rounds are finding the positive and thats what matters. I should have mentioned I played with two great people today. Kid was killing his diablo edge tour. Gave him a zstar x to blast. Awesome people.

Desert course. Drop one of your clubs you don't use often and put in an extra putter or some other club you can use to smack the ball back to the fairway. (That you don't mind getting a bit scuffed up!)

Not quite that easy my friend.

Not quite that easy my friend.

Worked for me in Arizona! In fact, one of the guys I golfed with still, to this day, uses a desert putter when he plays desert courses. Must be a different type of desert.

Terrible front nine. Used up my handicap allotment by the 8th.
One par and 2 bogeys were the highlight of the 51.

Back 9 didn't start much better. DB.
Managed to par 12, 14 and 15 and made a 15ft birdie on 17.

Round totaled 94 for a net 79.

Started and finished DB. Beers tasted good afterward though....

I shot 1 under 70 and it was one of easiest rounds I can remember. Nothing spectacular but no shots that were crazy bad either.

I had 4 birdies and 3 bogies and a bunch of pars. My bogies were not even that bad of shots. Two of them, I pulled just a little into a bunker and missed par putts and one, I pulled it left of the green on our #1 hc hole and missed my putt. No chunks, no thins, just 3 well hit pulls. I hope this continues.

On a great note, after I played 18, I went out and played 9 more as practice specifically for my driver. The new SF is a beast but I couldn't get a consistant swing with it, Some snap hooks, some slices and some down the middle. I played 3-5 tee shots with it on 7 holes(I was litterally the last one out, so not holding anyone up). I finally worked out a setup that was consisant and LONG. Square stance with an slightly open face and let her rip. If I pulled it, it went straight down the left side, if I over cut it, I was right side on the FW and when I hit it great, straight down the middle. On hole 15(535yrd par 5) I'm normally 230-260 out. I hit it to 205 out. Cant wait to get out today!

Played well today, had 40/37 for a 77. Only lost ball was on 18, and I still managed to par it. I left likely about 5 shots out there with duffed chips/pitches and 3*3putts on the front nine. Was still pretty happy about the round, it just felt solid.

I am no longer the Snake Whisperer....I shot an 89 today. It's great to see Ol' Gray playing well again!

I am no longer the Snake Whisperer....I shot an 89 today. It's great to see Ol' Gray playing well again!

Those lessons and hard work practicing are really showing up on the score card. Congratulations

My home courses are desert, and I reserve my 5 irons for that purpose. That way I can just punch one out low if I need to, or advance the ball to a layup point if I have that option.

Shot a 49/41 for a 90 today. That was much better then my last round. They sent us out right after we paid and it helped get done in about 3 hours. But it took me the whole front nine to get going. Started birdie par on the back nine before settling into bogeys and a few pars. I switched back to the backstryke putter and had no three putts today. I kept hitting real nice drives but they left me between wedges and I either flew the green or rolled off. Left a lot of shots out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back