What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet round there big fella!!

thanks bro!

Great round tc. Mine wasn't quite so nice, lol. Played 9 this evening shooting a paltry 42. I was playing really solid tee to green, just couldn't score on the greens. Pretty crazy when your hitting every fairway dead center and long, three wood was money on the par 5's, putting sucked it up!

sounds like my last few rounds duey. i hate putting poorly when everything else is clicking. guess it's time to hit up the putting green?

Not very good. 88+ To inconsistent with my driver. I'm either right down the middle or wide right.

Nice round TC! You're lighting it up!

thanks dent....things are just clicking right now. the wheels could easily fall off at any time, haha. i just feel comfortable over the ball right now, and it's a pretty good feeling.

todays round could've been so much better. missed 2 putts within 4 feet for par today!!! i think anytime i'm sniffing around scratch i get a little nervous. i need to let that go.

Shot an 89 today. 2 over the handicap.
Windy- only 2 holes with a tailwind, a handful across it and most into the teeth of it. Cruel!

Started well. Was only 5 over the card after 9 but as soon as I rolled up to the 10th it all went wrong.
Rubbish off the tee then a bit of luck to find the green followed by a 4 putt. 1st time I've done that since, I don't know if I've done that all year.
Hit 3 trees on 12, dominated by the wind on 13 for a bogey, DB 15 and then 2 balls chunked into the lake on 16, from 90 metres out!
Par, par finish for some respectability.

I feel like I'm close to getting it right for a full 18. One day. Might even break 80 again soon.

Played LPGA Legends (72.1/136) AND Champions (70.3/124) yesterday in Daytona Beach..
Both totally different courses... took a 9 on one hole on the Legends course for an 89 in the morning

The guy I was playing with wanted to play the other course and my wife gave me the green light...Mistake
it was way too hot to play a second round...no matter how much go-go juice I had.....
I ended up shooting another 89

I was just getting too hot......Lesson learned....

Then I go back to the in-laws and proceed to stub/fracture my toe on their coffee table....geeesh

Played LPGA Legends (72.1/136) AND Champions (70.3/124) yesterday in Daytona Beach..
Both totally different courses... took a 9 on one hole on the Legends course for an 89 in the morning

The guy I was playing with wanted to play the other course and my wife gave me the green light...Mistake
it was way too hot to play a second round...no matter how much go-go juice I had.....
I ended up shooting another 89

I was just getting too hot......Lesson learned....

Then I go back to the in-laws and proceed to stub/fracture my toe on their coffee table....geeesh

Dang Bama,,, sorry to hear about your toe dude! You really have to be careful out in that heat. Especially when you are sucking a cold one down... You got to drink plenty of water on the side.. Have you moved to Florida? You have been there for a week or so? Looking forward to seeing you at outing!

I went out around 10:00 a.m. today and practiced my gap wedge for an hour & half. Really looking good now with the wedge game. The practice area is around an old hole which is no longer in play due to a new course design. It backs up to #14 tee. When I finised with my wedge work, I jumped on 14 to play out those holes and head home. I shot 1 under par for those four holes! I was hitting my wedges like in a dream. hmmmmmmmmm I hope I don't wake up anytime soon :eek:) Now that was fun... I have a plan to practice three days each week for one hour mininum with a different wedge each day (LW,GW, & PW). That way none of them will be jealous. I am not going to play the course except for those holes coming in (four) to limit my play those days strickly to wedge play. It's fun!!

I got in 9 after work (would have been 18 but for the thunderstorms coming through). Shot a 45 including 2 doubles and a triple. Just can't quit fading the driver...hopefully the Miyazaki will help out on that front. Everything else is doing pretty well.

Got in 18 holes with a 6 PM tee off.

Shot 39 (+3) / 41 (+6)

I left a boatload of strokes out there and well.. am okay with the score but not impressed. The iron train is kind of de-railing a bit for me.

For some reason I had this shot today that I can't get over. On 17 a 446 yard par 4 I hit a great drive that left me 150 out. Because the way the green is shaped I wanted to hit a high ball so I took the PW and took a great swing at it. The ball rocketed off the face and took up straight in the air (almost like it balooned but still got the distance) I heard the ball whiz by and this perfect dollar bill divot flew up in the air. Just the way the ball took off and landed on the green was so stunning.

Right after it took off I gave a good ol' Woooo Hoooooo.

Also, I was playing solid until 14 where I stepped in Dog crap, and then played like crap after.

Everytime I tried to make the safe play off the Tee I completely botched it. My driver was great all day, and on 15 I hit a wood off the tee, put it into the trees and double. On the last hole I needed par for a 79 and hit an iron off the tee, topped the ball down into the rough.

pretty solid score all and all dent. sounds like you were hitting the driver great today, maybe should have hit it more!!

pretty solid score all and all dent. sounds like you were hitting the driver great today, maybe should have hit it more!!

No kidding. I think the reason I played safe on those 2 holes was because of the approach shot. I was severely uncomfortable with an 80 yard wedge in. I paid the price in the long run though.

No kidding. I think the reason I played safe on those 2 holes was because of the approach shot. I was severely uncomfortable with an 80 yard wedge in. I paid the price in the long run though.

yeah, it would be nice if you were licking your chops to be in that range!!! at least you know what you need to work on in the future (those 80 yard'ers!!!)

Some real up's and down's there Dent, lol. From dog crap to great a pw 150? That's a seven iron for me, lol. I had the same score today, but kind of ho hum, it was an easy course. 39/41 par 72 course. Just could not put everything together, yet felt like I was striking the ball well. Driver was on all day, nothing longer than 240, but everything down the middle. If the iron was great, the putt was not and vice-versa. I was certain the round was under 80 until I added up after.

Some real up's and down's there Dent, lol. From dog crap to great a pw 150? That's a seven iron for me, lol. I had the same score today, but kind of ho hum, it was an easy course. 39/41 par 72 course. Just could not put everything together, yet felt like I was striking the ball well. Driver was on all day, nothing longer than 240, but everything down the middle. If the iron was great, the putt was not and vice-versa. I was certain the round was under 80 until I added up after.

I had some weird events going on tonight Due. As for the irons, I do hit my 6-PW a long way. Usually about 2-3 clubs more than my golfing buddy. Great round though, a bit dissapointing to see it not under 80 huh?

That's why we're ALL here talking golf on the internet instead of playing golf on TV for millions of dollars Duey!! Good round none the less though buddy!

I had some weird events going on tonight Due. As for the irons, I do hit my 6-PW a long way. Usually about 2-3 clubs more than my golfing buddy. Great round though, a bit dissapointing to see it not under 80 huh?

Hard to take, but can't blame anyone except me. I left a bunch out there, mostley putts, but started extending my follow through a bit and ended reaching the hole or past on the last few holes.

That's why we're ALL here talking golf on the internet instead of playing golf on TV for millions of dollars Duey!! Good round none the less though buddy!

The way you have been shooting lately I expect to see you up there with Tiger soon Bird. Can't wait to see you again in Florida, seem's like a long way's when your so close, lol.

:shock: Can't believe Ol' Gray hasn't been on here bragging that he beat me today. I shot an 85. It took me a while to figure out a few things I was doing wrong but at least I started playing good on the back.

:shock: Can't believe Ol' Gray hasn't been on here bragging that he beat me today. I shot an 85. It took me a while to figure out a few things I was doing wrong but at least I started playing good on the back.

KellyBo played good golf today, She just felt sorry for me :eek:).......

I shot an 86 today using my new irons. I'm not very happy at all with them but I'm hoping things will get better. My previous set of clubs were big bertha fusions with stiff graphite shafts that gave me really high ballooning shots. Today with the new sticks I felt like I was skulling everything and hitting them thin. I'm sure it's just ball position and the fact that I had to swing the graphites slower to keep them from going right. I just hope the learning curve isn't too long. On a brighter note the 14 wedge I won in the contest is pure money. I enjoyed it quite a bit today.

I shot an 82 today and was actually pretty surprised. I really thought my score would be under 80 as I don't pre-count, but not to be. A 7 on the next to last hole and bogey on the last hole took the three strokes I needed, but still shot a 40 on the back with that 7, lol. 42/40, I can deal with that.

There is a saying, somedays your the bug, somedays your the windshield. Today on the course I was the bug and I was squashed BIG TIME. I had one of my worst rounds ever, it seemed I could not do anything right, driver was awful, short game was terrible, putting stunk. Now the course I played today was new to me and very challanging (slope of 130 rating 73) , if you were not in the fairway you were pretty much screwed. The rough was the type that the ball fell into and it really grabbed your club when you tried to swing out of it also lots of water, tight fairways and 14 or so multi-tier greens. I knew I was going to be in for a fight but I felt like I never showed up to the battle. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and another round of golf to be played.

Sounds like your came is coming back around duey.

WR: You playing the same or a different course tomorrow?

Different course Smalls, but just as hard, this a different type of setup. It is a desert course where unless you are on the fairway, you are OB in preserved land where you can't hit out of. In other words if I play like today I am screwed!!!

Shot a 91 today. Too many 3 putts today. Irons were working today. Driver didn't get me into too much trouble. I need to get the flight of my hybrid down a bit though...

Keep the good rounds coming everyone, for the few of you who have posted some struggles stick with it and things will work out!

I had a rather interesting round today, played 27 holes at a course here in town with a very easy front 9 and a pretty tough back 9, it's a par 35-37 track. So easy front 9 right, yeah I go out in a 7 over par 42. I wasn't hitting bad just not putting great. I drove it on the green on a 303 yd par 4, 3 putt par. I make the turn and on the 275 yd par 4 10th hit my 3 wood onto the green (a little wind behind us) and 3 putt par AGAIN...I was starting to get ticked. Then next thing I know the putts start dropping highlighted by back to back birdie bombs on 16 and 17. In the end I shoot even par 37 on the "harder" back 9 for a total of 79. We played the back 9 again and I shot a 41, hit it as well but the putts that dropped the first time around stopped dropping.

I was hitting the ball pretty solid all day and so far the UST Mamiya grips are very very nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back