It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

Is the 16th the cutoff date to join the outing? I can't wait to get there already

Yes, the 16th is the cutoff and that was dictacted by the hotel. They need a final count on people so they can set aside rooms, tee times, and have the exact amount of food correct for the dinner.

Yes, the 16th is the cutoff and that was dictacted by the hotel. They need a final count on people so they can set aside rooms, tee times, and have the exact amount of food correct for the dinner.

thats what I thought...I'm already confirmed and ready to go, but for anyone who is still on the fence that gives you 10 days from now to sign up

So here's a question or two. When it rains down in FL, does it pour? I mean is there a good chance that it will just dump on us? I ask because my windshirt is water resistant, not water proof. Basically I would like to know if I should be buying a water proof jacket or not.

Also, how are the bugs down there? Is it mosquito heaven down there or are they not even an issue? Thanks!!

So here's a question or two. When it rains down in FL, does it pour? I mean is there a good chance that it will just dump on us? I ask because my windshirt is water resistant, not water proof. Basically I would like to know if I should be buying a water proof jacket or not.

Also, how are the bugs down there? Is it mosquito heaven down there or are they not even an issue? Thanks!!

It rains. Once in a while pours. But usually only for about 15 minutes. Bugs can be an issue, but we dont have a big issue with them. Sometimes mosquitos but not a ton. One quick spray of bug spray and you will have no problems all day.

It rains. Once in a while pours. But usually only for about 15 minutes. Bugs can be an issue, but we dont have a big issue with them. Sometimes mosquitos but not a ton. One quick spray of bug spray and you will have no problems all day.

So probably better to be safe than sorry and buy one? I would have already if they weren't so expensive!!

So probably better to be safe than sorry and buy one? I would have already if they weren't so expensive!!

I tell everybody dont spent the money if you dont have to. Not in general, because I think rain gear is important, but not just for this trip. Your jacket plus an umbrella might be perfect or will at least get you by.

We got rained on for a very short time at Sarasota Ntl. It's warm enough that it didn't bother me at all. I didn't have rain gear.

I tell everybody dont spent the money if you dont have to. Not in general, because I think rain gear is important, but not just for this trip. Your jacket plus an umbrella might be perfect or will at least get you by.

We got rained on for a very short time at Sarasota Ntl. It's warm enough that it didn't bother me at all. I didn't have rain gear.

Good to know guys thanks! I know its something could be useful long term, but with all of the others things we have to get, plus the trip itself, things are very expensive right now. An extra 200 bones or so a piece is just a little beyond the budget. I'll be definitely picking an umbrella though.

JB's got it for the rain. We get an afternoon shower almost everyday for about 30 mins. You'll be ok in your setup. As far as the mosquitos we do get them but 1) they tend to come out around dusk and through the night and hopefully you'll be indoors by then and 2) most well kept hotel properties keep their mosquito population down because they tend to the standing water around property pretty well. All in all no guarantees you won't get bit but chances are small. I have these citronella wristbands that I wear during afternoon rounds and they pretty much leave me alone (and most of the time I'm a target). I'm sure they sell them at local hardware stores there. Worst case scenario if you're that concerned let me know and I'll pick some up for you. They only cost $1 each.

JB's got it for the rain. We get an afternoon shower almost everyday for about 30 mins. You'll be ok in your setup. As far as the mosquitos we do get them but 1) they tend to come out around dusk and through the night and hopefully you'll be indoors by then and 2) most well kept hotel properties keep their mosquito population down because they tend to the standing water around property pretty well. All in all no guarantees you won't get bit but chances are small. I have these citronella wristbands that I wear during afternoon rounds and they pretty much leave me alone (and most of the time I'm a target). I'm sure they sell them at local hardware stores there. Worst case scenario if you're that concerned let me know and I'll pick some up for you. They only cost $1 each.

Good info, thanks Spanks!!

sadly I am officialy out today. everything was hinging on my foster parent re certification which is every year in Sept. got the letter today from the state that my home inspection is the 20th and there is just too much to be done before hand with case workers and guardians for the children. its not fair for me to leave for a 3 day weekend and leave my wife to deal with all this and our six kids. I do want to thank JB and GG for putting on this amazing outing for everyone. even though I cant make it this time I really appreciate their hard work and effort to show everyone a great time. from everything I have read it sounds like a dream golf vacation. hopefully there is another outing in the spring that I can attend. hope everyone has alot of fun and enjoys the golf!

We'll miss you SH, but it sounds like you have some important stuff to take care of.

sadly I am officialy out today. everything was hinging on my foster parent re certification which is every year in Sept. got the letter today from the state that my home inspection is the 20th and there is just too much to be done before hand with case workers and guardians for the children. its not fair for me to leave for a 3 day weekend and leave my wife to deal with all this and our six kids. I do want to thank JB and GG for putting on this amazing outing for everyone. even though I cant make it this time I really appreciate their hard work and effort to show everyone a great time. from everything I have read it sounds like a dream golf vacation. hopefully there is another outing in the spring that I can attend. hope everyone has alot of fun and enjoys the golf!

Thats very unfortuante to hear, I was looking forward to meeting you. Hey, I have great respect for you doing foster work. My family has always been very big in the foster parent program. We will have a beer for you ( well, at least I will) hehe

Sorry to hear you can't attend SH, sounds like you have some much more important things going on.

Thats very unfortuante to hear, I was looking forward to meeting you. Hey, I have great respect for you doing foster work. My family has always been very big in the foster parent program. We will have a beer for you ( well, at least I will) hehe

I'll second this... We'll miss you SH but there are priorities involved. Hopefully we'll see you at the next one and good luck on your recertification.

Smart man cause you gotta do what you gotta do..... I will look forward to meeting you at the next outing :eek:)

That's too bad SH!! There's always next time I guess. What you've got to do must take priority. You'll be missed!

You are a real man SH! I know you are hating that you have to miss this.

Hard to believe, but we are barely over a month away from this one.

Hard to believe, but we are barely over a month away from this one.

I know!! At the rate are going it will be here tomorrow!! :D If only hey?? I for one am still really looking forward to it!!

thanks for all the kind words I really appreciate it. hope everyone has a blast and have a few 2 for 1's for me!

We'll miss you SH, but it sounds like you have some important stuff to take care of.

Sorry to hear you can't attend SH, sounds like you have some much more important things going on.

I'll second this... We'll miss you SH but there are priorities involved. Hopefully we'll see you at the next one and good luck on your recertification.

Smart man cause you gotta do what you gotta do..... I will look forward to meeting you at the next outing :eek:)

That's too bad SH!! There's always next time I guess. What you've got to do must take priority. You'll be missed!

You are a real man SH! I know you are hating that you have to miss this.

Since TC is getting excited about the Ryder Cup, I thought we would give him a Ryder Cup Foursome for the outing.

He will be playing with:

Pale Rider
Lawn Rider
A$$ Rider

Since TC is getting excited about the Ryder Cup, I thought we would give him a Ryder Cup Foursome for the outing.

He will be playing with:

Pale Rider
Lawn Rider
A$$ Rider

woo hoo, team rider (ryder maybe?) this i am looking forward to, i imagine the conversation would be both painful yet entertaining!!

For those wondering, these are made up names and have to real meaning.

For those wondering, these are made up names and have to real meaning.

Thats too bad, I was looking forward to meeting Pale Rider and A$$ Rider!! haha

Back