Cleveland CG7 BP Irons Review

They are very similar, but they are not the same irons. The face alone is different with the laser etching in the new version but not in last years. I have hit both and played both for reviews. They are very similar. But the look and grooves are totally different. Last years version did not have zip grooves.

I haven't hit the regular CG7's outside at all, but I have games the BP Tours for a couple of rounds. I really like them. I hit them high, straight and pretty darn far. I haven't noticed too much spin with the Zip Grooves. I think they are definitely an iron that everyone should have on their short list.

They are very similar, but they are not the same irons. The face alone is different with the laser etching in the new version but not in last years. I have hit both and played both for reviews. They are very similar. But the look and grooves are totally different. Last years version did not have zip grooves.

I haven't hit the regular CG7's outside at all, but I have games the BP Tours for a couple of rounds. I really like them. I hit them high, straight and pretty darn far. I haven't noticed too much spin with the Zip Grooves. I think they are definitely an iron that everyone should have on their short list.

Great... I thought I was losing my mind for a minute. Im excited to hopefully find a good place for a proper fitting and hope to have these irons soon. I will be posting my thoughts...

Those tours are sick. Glad you are enjoying them! I'm finding out some of the Cleveland products really really work for me.

Bought my CG7 BP's today :) I went with the regular version. R9 was knocking at the door but just something about these clubs. Regular flex shaft and 3-PW. After a lot of fitting/lie tape I was fit to standard at all 4 shops lol. Off the rack for me! Can't wait to take to the range or course tomorrow.... Thanks again everyone for the input, it helped a ton! I will def post my experiences if anyone is interested.

I am still waiting for my CG7 BP's to arrive, I ordered them 11 days ago and they were finally shipped out yesterday. In the meantime, I picked up the new Titleist Tour Midsize Staff Bag for the clubs to live in. Can't wait to get out there and hit some balls soon

The BP's are GORGEOUS Clubs, and you both will love them!

I have a set of BP's I might be willing to part with. Im currently in man-love with my Machspeeds. :act-up:

Just a quick update.... After 1 virtual session, 2 rounds on the course and 1 range session ... I am a very happy customer. These irons are sweet and very forgiving. You don't lose a lot of yardage if not hit on the sweet spot. High and straigh with very soft landings. They do shred the ball a little but I can live with that.

The looks of these clubs at address is very calming and they give me a subtle confidence. It's almost comparable to painting a room a cool, soothing color. Thats how it is for me. They dont feel bulky and are very, very easy to swing. Im really glad I went with the regular flex. They provide great feedback on mishits. You dont hurt afterwards but you can definitely feel it when off the toe or the heel. While I did not get pro style spin on the real course, I could tell a difference in the spin on my shots. They landed on the greens and stayed on them. Which was a great feeling. My confidence was riding high and I was not afraid to attack. While it didnt always prove to be the right call, I had a ton of fun.

I don't care much for the grips. After getting my nickent wedges Im highly considering the yellow golfpride grips :) But I think Ill hold onto my money for now. After the 4 sessions I've had with the clubs they are stating to show wear. But as it was mentioned previously, its actually pretty cool. It's like drinking an aged whiskey :) I really want to say how much I appreciate this forums feedback and everyone who gave their input.

Maybe next season Cleveland will bring out the CG7 "Oil Quench"!!!!!!! Those would be some sweet looking Irons IMO.

I was able to buy a set of these from a fellow THP'er and I absolutely love them. They are so great to look at and when you hit the ball they feel awesome. I am so happy with my new purchase. I have 2 rounds on them so far and I have shot an 84 and 87. I would recommend these to anyone looking for GI irons

Nice buy, I've been in love with those from the start on looks alone. Post us some pic's and let us know how your game improves.

I was able to buy a set of these from a fellow THP'er and I absolutely love them. They are so great to look at and when you hit the ball they feel awesome. I am so happy with my new purchase. I have 2 rounds on them so far and I have shot an 84 and 87. I would recommend these to anyone looking for GI irons

glad you like them! i know it must be a relief to have some sticks you have some confidence it. lower scores are on the horizon. hell, if you could just putt you'd been in the 70's.

I'm glad to hear they're treating you well. I couldn't be happier with my purchase as well.

hell, if you could just putt you'd been in the 70's.

I think there are plenty of us that fall into that category.

I'm glad to hear they're treating you well. I couldn't be happier with my purchase as well.

You just need to practice your "duck"! FOUR!

glad you like them! i know it must be a relief to have some sticks you have some confidence it. lower scores are on the horizon. hell, if you could just putt you'd been in the 70's.

hahaha, I know 4- 3 putts in a row. ahhhh. I need a ghost putter!!

Nice buy, I've been in love with those from the start on looks alone. Post us some pic's and let us know how your game improves.

I love how they look also, I will post up some pics when I get home. and I will keep you guys updated

I am glad you like your sticks, do you find them tearing up nicer golf balls? I have seen it on one ball so far. ohhh my putting is horrible right now

I am glad you like your sticks, do you find them tearing up nicer golf balls? I have seen it on one ball so far. ohhh my putting is horrible right now

I've left plenty of claw marks on some golf balls. I haven't done enough damage to one to make it unplayable because I usually lose it before then. :D

hahaha, I know exactly what you mean. I didnt tear one so badly that it was unplayable but it def left a mark

man oh man, the wait is so hard! Ordered mine on the 28th, and I can't get an update from the shop as to when they are going to be in. I can't seem to get past the 17 year old high school girl who answers the phone. She told me today "Well our delivery guy isn't done unloading all the stuff today, but like I told you the other day, we'll call you when they are in. It should be before the end of the week."

:banghead:

any update to your BP experience for the new owners who posted in this thread? Anything new you've noticed? Still in love with the looks even after some wear and tear? Did you have to adjust anything to deal with the spin factor? Or did you even see a big difference in the spin??
Thanks

Well I got new shafs lol. Wow. After my initial iron love phase I came down to earth. Andy helped me out and I was refit for new shafts. I must tell ya WOW. I love them more than ever. It brought my distances up and a fuller feel to my shots. I love how these clubs age. Also one thing I noticed is its not resistant to shot shaping. I rarely do it and its only in must do situations but its nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spent the last hour on the phone with Tim Salmon, former MLB great, about his golf game, getting fit for a new set of BP irons, as well as a few other things. What a great guy. We ended up just spending the last 20 minutes talking after the interview was over about life and golf. Superb person that I think everybody will enjoy reading about.

cool interview JB cant wait to read it! Tim Salmon was an old school baseball player, never heard no crap about PEDS with him. played the game with class and respect. the King Fish!

Now that's cool. Can you get him to the Outing?

Now that's cool. Can you get him to the Outing?

He is in AZ and coaching little league football, so probably not. But he does owe me a round of golf according to him in his mens league next time I am out there.

Well I got new shafs lol. Wow. After my initial iron love phase I came down to earth. Andy helped me out and I was refit for new shafts. I must tell ya WOW. I love them more than ever. It brought my distances up and a fuller feel to my shots. I love how these clubs age. Also one thing I noticed is its not resistant to shot shaping. I rarely do it and its only in must do situations but its nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which shaft did you change to? (Originals were DG R300 right?)

Anyone else who has been playing these for a while got any more feedback now that they've aged a little? These are very high on my short list...

Back