Nickent iron dilemma?

the19thgreen

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Hey guys, I need some advice. So today I scored a set of slightly used Nickent 3dx RC irons for under $100. It seems like the minute I win these, a pair of 4dx CBs pop up brand new online and in my flex ( the ones I was originally looking for). My question is, as a beginner with irons, if I can get the 4dx for around $100, should I jump on them? Or should I just stick with the 3dx? Is the 4dx a much more superior club?

Asa beginner you are probably good to go with the 3DX Rc's. You will get nice high straight shots with them. But like Thainer says if you can get both, test and then turn one set over- do it.

Keep the 3DX RCs. Dont even consider new clubs now. Work with the 3DX which as an iron promotes nice high ball flight and is a great set for a beginner.

I love my 3DX's. Second year for me and I think about changing but the few times I have hit other irons they haven't motivated me to get the wallet out.
Now if they bring those sweet look'in X24 out for us south paws then... :act-up:

Now if they bring those sweet look'in X24 out for us south paws then... :act-up:

X24's not available left-handed??!!?? You'd think with Phil Mickelson on their payroll, Callaway would have more options than most as far as LH equipment goes.

X24's not available left-handed??!!?? You'd think with Phil Mickelson on their payroll, Callaway would have more options than most as far as LH equipment goes.

That was my thought. I emailed and they didn't say no, just no date. I suppose if Phil were to switch to the X24 they would tool up in a hurry... :D

That was my thought. I emailed and they didn't say no, just no date. I suppose if Phil were to switch to the X24 they would tool up in a hurry... :D

Im not sure about that one. They did not release his putter and only did in limited fashion this year. To me the X-24 Hots are very much a different iron from a sales perspective. Callaway has dominated the iron game for close to a decade. TM Burners took that crown away this year. Callaway wanted to put out a set to combat that. Hence the X-24s, before the new Burners come out this fall. Rumor has it that the X series of clubs is going away in 2011, so to me you will not see a ton of promotion behind this set like for the rest of their full line sets.

Keep the 3DX RCs. Dont even consider new clubs now. Work with the 3DX which as an iron promotes nice high ball flight and is a great set for a beginner.

Precisely.

Play the RC's and love the RC's, having played, and owned lol, both of them the RC's WAY better for a beginner (IMO) than the CB's, high and straight baby, high and straight.

I think that the price is right and I would buy both and sell the ones I didn't like. The other poster was right. This way you don't wonder the whole time "what if".

I can speak for the 4dx CBs, and they are not the most forgiving iron for a beginner. Stick with the RCs for now...

I don't own the 4DX CBs, but I own the 4DX Pro irons. I personally love them. They were my first set, so they were probably above my skill level to begin with, but I love the feel and the look of them.

I like having a set of irons that will let me know when I'm not hitting the ball properly.

I'm pretty upset Nickent went out of business and this will be my last set of Nickent irons.

I don't own the 4DX CBs, but I own the 4DX Pro irons. I personally love them. They were my first set, so they were probably above my skill level to begin with, but I love the feel and the look of them.

I like having a set of irons that will let me know when I'm not hitting the ball properly.

I'm pretty upset Nickent went out of business and this will be my last set of Nickent irons.

From experience, the CB's are more forgiving than the 4DX Pro's, but the Pro's are just so dang BUTTERY feeling I love them. Anf you're right, the 4DX Pro's are GORGEOUS.

Do what I'm going to do, 'ho a backup set of the Pro's lol.

I

Back