How many balls do you lose a round?

Reading this thread made me feel a whole lot better. I lose about two or three per round and that aggravated me no end. I know it happens but geez...Good to know others have the same issues. I lost seven in one round last year. This year I've gone two rounds without losing one.

probably 1 on average these days and its usually off the tee into trees or OB.

my record was 12. I always remember it as i only had 12 balls in my bag. i was done on the 14th hole where i put my final 3 balls OB..

the most i lost in a round was 16 balls.. played an impossible course where pinpoint accuracy was key... I lost the 12 balls I brought with me plus the 4 balls I found on the course... was out of balls at the 17th hole. I told the guy I was playing with that it did not feel like I was playing golf, it felt like I was just launching balls at the driving range....

I try to keep it as close to 0 as possible. But depending on the course and how tight it is, I am around 1 or 2

I might lose a ball once every 3 rounds or so.

It is probably just happenstance but the threads I have been participating in lately are going to leave people with the impression that I am playing the course from hell. That said the back nine at this course is pure agony. The old timers often giggle as newbie’s leave the front thinking they have had a decent round so far only to be crushed somewhere and found palpitating masses somewhere around the 15th. You can easily lose balls back there two or three feet from the fairway. You hit a decent shot, a little left or a little right, get up to where you think it should be and say “where the heck is the darned thing.” A few holes later that turns into “WHERE THE….!$%&*#*@?# ….IS THE…. $%^#*&@.... THING. It sorta’ goes like that until you run out of balls. I rarely lose any on the front and average two or three a round on the back.

Today could be a scary day...definitely taking at least 6 balls with me today....might even be 9

Yesterday I only lost 4. But they were my Wilson Hope balls (I have over a dozen of these as someone gave them to me as a gift) so not a big deal :clapp: Last time we played this course I lost 6 and yesterday, just 4. So I'm improving :D

From none to what seems like as many as I can carry in the bag.

About 1 week or so. Depends on which course and how much water, ob etc.

Most of the time 1 or 2 but I do have those days when it is 5 or 6.

I've lost 1 in the last 3 rounds

ive gone 6 rounds without losing any
i would say it depends on the course but ive played a crazy mountain course with trouble everywhere and blind teeshots... lost only 1 ball
then ive played my home course and was having a great round till i got to #17 and tin cupped it losing 5 on one hole
so id have to blame it on my swing... good days = none
bad days = way more than none
avg = 0-5

2-6 depending on the course

1-6 depending on the course and/or the ball. The expensive balls seem to find the water or the deep rough easier.

If you have ever gone out and played as a true single and not paired up with anyone, do you find that you lose more balls? For me it's a guarantee if I play alone I will lose more balls because I am the WORST at finding my balls. I never realized until I played alone how much I relied on my playing partners to locate my ball for me. That also goes to show you that I have had some trouble finding the fairway at times haha.

If you have ever gone out and played as a true single and not paired up with anyone, do you find that you lose more balls? For me it's a guarantee if I play alone I will lose more balls because I am the WORST at finding my balls. I never realized until I played alone how much I relied on my playing partners to locate my ball for me. That also goes to show you that I have had some trouble finding the fairway at times haha.

not for me GG, i'm a ball hawk anyway though. the only time i lose balls is b/c they plug or if the conditions are really wet, or obviously if i hit one OB or in the water, but usually i see my balls come down.

not for me GG, i'm a ball hawk anyway though. the only time i lose balls is b/c they plug or if the conditions are really wet, or obviously if i hit one OB or in the water, but usually i see my balls come down.

I am the worst at that. JB can spot my ball a mile away and I can watch it from start to finish but by the time I get to where I think it dropped I can't find it. It's the most frustrating part of playing alone for me.

I am the worst at that. JB can spot my ball a mile away and I can watch it from start to finish but by the time I get to where I think it dropped I can't find it. It's the most frustrating part of playing alone for me.

like any other aspect of the game, it's more of an acquired skill than anything. i can normally tell at impact whether or not i've blocked one out or pull'd a shot or hit it on the screws, that usually helps me determine where i need to be looking once my head comes up.

I normally lose about a ball every round. I didn't lose any last week playing at a course in SoCal I've never seen before. :thumb:

To GG: I really have to concentrate on watching where my ball went and picking a landmark near that spot. I used to have troubles at first, but I don't anymore.

To GG: I really have to concentrate on watching where my ball went and picking a landmark near that spot. I used to have troubles at first, but I don't anymore.

I tried that last time and tried to remember what the tree looked like but then when I got up to the trees they all looked the same. I have problems haha.

I also panic when I am a lone and hate to take a long time looking for my ball in fear that I will hold up a group. I know it's dumb because there normally isn't anyone behind me.

No worries, GG. Take your time and play. Even if there are people behind you, they probably won't catch you , unless they are speed golfers or solo. If that happens, let them go. I noticed that I was in such a hurry to move on that I didn't watch my ball land.

No worries, GG. Take your time and play. Even if there are people behind you, they probably won't catch you , unless they are speed golfers or solo. If that happens, let them go. I noticed that I was in such a hurry to move on that I didn't watch my ball land.

I believe that is my problem as well. That and I was never really good at paying attention and finding my ball to begin with.

Back