My R9 fairway TP arrives - unwrapping!

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
Thought I'd start a new thread, since this is such a thing of beauty.

I demo'd the R9 fairway. I liked it. I got a loan of the TP version from a local pro. I thought no chance would I be able to control the X flex shaft on it. Played 2 rounds with it, and I loved it. Didn't need to swing too quick at it to prompt a slight draw and perfect (for my game) ball flight.

Ordered one right away. 4 week wait turned into a one week wait and it arrived today! :D

The TP version turned out quite a bit more expensive than the original - the only difference being the shaft (Thanks to JB for confirmation on this!) , but in my opinion, and from my experience, it's worth it if it works for you!

Anyway, enough from me, on to the club p0rn! :banana:

05082010419.jpg

05082010426.jpg

05082010420.jpg

05082010422.jpg

05082010425.jpg

05082010423.jpg

05082010429.jpg

that's sessy!!! i just wish that TM would do something about their headcovers.....quite frankly, they suck.

Nice Score Paulo!

Super sweet looking club. I hope the chrome on the bottom handles play better than the bottom of the superfast fw! Either way, congrats on the club!

good pick Paulo....

Nice looking stick! keep us posted.

mmmm, very sexy! Thanks for sharing!

Great looking stick! You will be burning up the par fives and short par fours with this beauty :golf2:

nice looking stick! And yes TM please fire the headcover guy!

Great looking stick paulo. I must be in the minority, I love the look of the headcover.

Congrats! It looks like a great club.

nice choice. just need to get your sig updated now ;)

nice choice. just need to get your sig updated now ;)

Done! :D V-Steel is now consigned to a dark corner in the garage.

Thanks guys. Really looking forward to getting it out on the range and playing about with the FCT. There's something really cool about being able to remove the head of your golf club at will!

I don't mind the headcover. Not the prettiest, but I've got worse in the bag too. I think the sole will wear along the same lines as my driver (ie not great), but it's for hitting, not for fixing my makeup in! :wink:

So I've had a chance to put the club through it's paces this weekend.

My one big surprise is just how useful the FCT is. I didn't expect such a difference between settings, but I've seen everything from a low fade to a high draw with the same swing. Got it set up between neutral upright and left at the moment, and this seems to result in a medium-high flight, with a slight draw. Just what I'm looking for.

The sole is going to get scraped pretty badly, and unfortunately it shows how bad my swing path is on some shots! But, it's a club not a museum piece, so it's going to be used!

Glad that you are enjoying your new club, paulo.

Back