Wedges that complete full iron sets

I'm actually about to get a vokey PW also... I love the teardrop clubhead. Get a 48 bent 1* strong.

My iron set consists of 4-9 with the PW matching the rest of my wedges.One, I prefer all my wedges to look the same and why wouldn't I want to use the grinds and grooves that are used on specific wedges.I believe there is more thought and design go into how a wedge is suppose to work then the wedges that match the set.JMHO

It was a joke. Keep the nike in the bag sort of thing. People are sticklers tonight

go for the stand alone wedges, they always perform well if you get the right ones

My iron set consists of 4-9 with the PW matching the rest of my wedges.One, I prefer all my wedges to look the same and why wouldn't I want to use the grinds and grooves that are used on specific wedges.I believe there is more thought and design go into how a wedge is suppose to work then the wedges that match the set.JMHO

I agree 100%.

However, just like anything in golf you need to play what is comfortable for you. What works for one doesn't for another.

To add another thing (as if there isn't enough) you need to make sure you get fitted for the proper bounce for the type of conditions you play in. I never though this would make a difference until I was fitted.

Try as many as you can. I love hitting wedges and can't believe some of the great ones that are out right now. You will have fun shopping for these clubs.

To add another thing (as if there isn't enough) you need to make sure you get fitted for the proper bounce for the type of conditions you play in. I never though this would make a difference until I was fitted.

Ok and if I play in a variety of conditions ?

I do appreciate all he input on this post, shows me just how much knowledge is on this fourm. One of the big reasons I am looking towards our get together. I am going to act like a sponge and try to absorb as much info as I can. I dont care if I shoot 150 each round ( wont happen dont worry) I want to get a better understanding of golf equipment and I am sure I will!!

i go with 52/9 56/12 60/6

works really well for me. 52 is really easy to hit out of the fairway, rough, etc. I dont use the 56 other than bunkershots. My 60 is awesome for flop shots and i use it for chips around the green and from the fairway. Not sure on exact distance but i probably hit it around 70-80 yards on full shots. 52 goes 105-115 on full shots. I hit my 60/6 a ton.

wedges

wedges

I am very pleased with the performance of the Gap Wedge that came in my set(Mizuno MX-200s). The only drawback is that I am a fan of the traditional wedges without a cavity. It all comes down to preference and need. I don't really need the style I like the most; I just need something that performs and my gap wedge definitely does.

Good luck

Right now I have four wedges, 48, 52, 56, 60. Only the pw is from my set. I don't think I would mind if the gw was part of the set. But I will always need at least one non oem wedge in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back