Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be next to you on that one, I love testing wedges. Although I will stand to your left, I don't want to be in the danger zone for getting hit with your backswing:stickbeat:

better watch out standing there too ddec, the hosel rocket may get ya!!!

A quick update. Just to inform you guys I just order my new Mizuno MX200 with Pro Launch Graphite shafts. I'll try to get some before and after pictures up asap.(if I can figure out how to do it) computers??????? Looking forward to playing with these,after all the hype about them.

I played this morning with my old set of 981 DCI's, not too bad,46 only played the back side. If I can figure out how to keep my bad holes from becoming REALLY BAD HOLES I would score better. But thats golf.

can't wait to see those pictures

better watch out standing there too ddec, the hosel rocket may get ya!!!

Hate when that happens! So today I had the new XFT out on the range. What was supposed to be a nice early range session before work turned into a short game session because they were mowing the range. Grrr. So I spent a lot of time with the xFT. Love it. Just an awesome wedge.

September can't come soon enough. I really want to test me some wedges.

Hate when that happens! So today I had the new XFT out on the range. What was supposed to be a nice early range session before work turned into a short game session because they were mowing the range. Grrr. So I spent a lot of time with the xFT. Love it. Just an awesome wedge.

They are sweet, first full swing with a sand wedge today and sure enough 10 feet from the pin. However, the wedges don't make a bad player better!

Hit the Raylor, a7, and titleist hybrids tonight..

Not really sure I had a favourite.. Would prefer to see the launch pattern rather than going on feel alone.. Anyone have a preferred hybrid?

Not really sure I had a favourite.. Would prefer to see the launch pattern rather than going on feel alone.. Anyone have a preferred hybrid?

Did you get to see launch numbers?

I have hit all of those mentioned that you tried and would probably choose the Adams as the most forgiving and versatile. Titleist second with its classic good looks and workability (even in hybrids). The Raylor is a great club, but it is a specialty club in my opinion. Sure it can be used as a hybrid, but smaller club head makes it less forgiving.

Did you get to see launch numbers?

I have hit all of those mentioned that you tried and would probably choose the Adams as the most forgiving and versatile. Titleist second with its classic good looks and workability (even in hybrids). The Raylor is a great club, but it is a specialty club in my opinion. Sure it can be used as a hybrid, but smaller club head makes it less forgiving.

Yeah, it was definitely awkward playing off the mat with the rigid bottom. I had already swung the TM rescue in the past and just wanted to see how the raylor felt..

I didn't get an eye on launch angle, as I was just messing around while helping a friend buy some used clubs (a new golf fan woot!) but I was planning to head back within the next week to pick a few specific hybrids to compare. Have you swung the Nike VR yet?

I wish Bridgestone would hurry up and get a new one out? I have a completely useless obsession of that company right now!

I have used the VR quite a bit. It was "okay" for me, nothing great. I have found some hybrids just far and away better for my game than others.

I remember reading somewhere that you were not a long ball hitter JB... Do you have a slower swing speed?

The last time I got mine run, it was up in the 115-118 range. I like head weight on my clubs. I wonder if we differ a bit there?

I remember reading somewhere that you were not a long ball hitter JB... Do you have a slower swing speed?

The last time I got mine run, it was up in the 115-118 range. I like head weight on my clubs. I wonder if we differ a bit there?

Im not long ball hitter. My SS is 95-105 depending on the day. I can get it out there when I need to, but as I have gotten older, the body just does not work like it did 10 years ago.

Im not long ball hitter. My SS is 95-105 depending on the day. I can get it out there when I need to, but as I have gotten older, the body just does not work like it did 10 years ago.

Amen. Lats time I was measured a little over a year ago I was at 120...now after wrist surgery I am down to about 98-106. Apparently my wrist cock went away.

I am going to try both the kbs 90 and dynamic gold HL iron shafts before buying no matter what. But i just read a comment about spin, and it had me thinking.

Will the HL shaft produce more side spin than the kbs 90 shafts, since it is labeled a High launch shaft? and high launch shafts tend to create more spin right? just curious about that.

saw a pic of the adams idea tech V3 hybrid and that thing looks wicked!!! JB, you had a crack with one of those yet?

I have a bid in on a 17* super hybrid! :)
god bless 0% apr on purchases for 12
months!

Bid was enough, I win!

Last edited:
Sweet! this could be my next hybrid purchase as well. Just sold my 2 TM hybrids.(wrong flex for me)

I wasn't a fan of the Rescue line, this seems to have more of a fairway wood shape. Plus, at the price ($130 brand new) I couldn't pass it up because someone else would snag it.
P.S. Your signature would look goofy with a big Adams Golf Logo amongst all that TM haha.

I have a bid in on a 17* super hybrid! :)
god bless 0% apr on purchases for 12
months!

Bid was enough, I win!

I just got mine (19*) in the mail yesterday. Hopefully I can take it out tonight if the weather holds off.

I wasn't a fan of the Rescue line, this seems to have more of a fairway wood shape. Plus, at the price ($130 brand new) I couldn't pass it up because someone else would snag it.
P.S. Your signature would look goofy with a big Adams Golf Logo amongst all that TM haha.

Its not that i didnt like them. They had the fct technology in them which i liked, but just the wrong flex, i might still buy some more but after i do some testing on the launch monitor, which will consist of many hybrids. so il see which is better for me.

Great deal on it!

saw a pic of the adams idea tech V3 hybrid and that thing looks wicked!!! JB, you had a crack with one of those yet?

Was that in the lastest Golf Magazine? Pretty sure I saw that too.

After today's round, I'm tired of my hybrid...I hit this thing into the atmosphere. Anybody try the Adams pro black hybrid?

I see OEM has the black super hybrid...how do you like that one?

After today's round, I'm tired of my hybrid...I hit this thing into the atmosphere. Anybody try the Adams pro black hybrid?

THP has a review of the Super Black on the home page and there are about 5 pages about it in this thread as well.

He said he like it quite well. I just asked him the other day about it and he says its super long and feels great. He used it off the tee alot the other day and had no problems with it, and said its firmly in the bag. And as we all know, thats a rare thing for him to say lol

edit: JB is just to fast haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back