Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or play him and show off those skills at the THP Outing. He will be there!

You dont need to man. You have brought your handicap way down playing clubs that are not blades. Despite some giving you a hard time about playing GIs. Wait till they see your next set...

Tc are you pondering new irons again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

possibly!!! i'll do whatever i can to make my game better.

Why would anyone ever give someone crap for playing GI irons.

It happens, no idea why, but it happens. Some relate type of clubs with play/ego.

He is. And since you are OEM, we know you are as well.

I am pondering getting extensions for my j33 irons and getting them bent 1* upright to match my current setup.

Then I want to see how much better I can score by not using a blade.

JB's right, i will be at the outing......so come and get those 50 beans from me!!!

yeah, i really have never had a desire to hit a blade. after playing two sets of "players irons" over about a 4 year span, then going to the 22's, i must admit, my game is stronger than it's ever been. i guess offsets and thicker toplines just don't mean a whole lot to me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, i find it comical when people say that they can't stand looking at offsets/toplines at address, i'd always assumed that they'd be looking at the ball!!!

I am starting to agree with you about the offsets and toplines and I will tell you what changed my mind. I hit an X24 and I felt that I could not mishit the thing. The ball striking was pretty and any cares about toplines or offsets melted away. I like beautiful clubs, but in the end, I am just beating them against the ground. I also could not really see myself ever gaming a blade when I feel I could get the same general performance out of a good GI iron with the added awesomeness of forgiveness on mishits.

I think that, in the end, the only vanity allowed in golf is execution and score. What you use to achieve that is merely tools.

I agree with you, but it really depends on what youre looking for out of an iron
I am starting to agree with you about the offsets and toplines and I will tell you what changed my mind. I hit an X24 and I felt that I could not mishit the thing. The ball striking was pretty and any cares about toplines or offsets melted away. I like beautiful clubs, but in the end, I am just beating them against the ground. I also could not really see myself ever gaming a blade when I feel I could get the same general performance out of a good GI iron with the added awesomeness of forgiveness on mishits.

I think that, in the end, the only vanity allowed in golf is execution and score. What you use to achieve that is merely tools.

I can agree with you, but it really depends on what youre looking for out of an iron

That is true. My opinions may change as I continue to improve, but I feel that I will never be good enough to hit a blade or a players driver (if that is even a term).

TC - how did your demo Ci9 6 iron go? Think you are down to those and the x24's?

I see people's points on both sides of the blades debate. ALways depends on what someone is looking to get out of their clubs. I've been mocked for practicing with a blade lol. It was the first set I owned, passed down from my Pops. I will never let that set go!

I know when I got my irons a few years ago I mixed them up. I bought a G10 4 and 5 iron to give me a little higher launch and more foregiveness and i10 6-pw. The top line is much much thicker and the offset is greater on the g10's. As I have gotten better I am thinking of buying the i10 5i. Also have replaced the 4i with a hybrid at times this year. Anything to help the game!!

I know when I got my irons a few years ago I mixed them up. I bought a G10 4 and 5 iron to give me a little higher launch and more foregiveness and i10 6-pw. The top line is much much thicker and the offset is greater on the g10's. As I have gotten better I am thinking of buying the i10 5i. Also have replaced the 4i with a hybrid at times this year. Anything to help the game!!

I like how you did that with your irons! That is really cool.

I see people's points on both sides of the blades debate. ALways depends on what someone is looking to get out of their clubs. I've been mocked for practicing with a blade lol. It was the first set I owned, passed down from my Pops. I will never let that set go!

Most pros have switched to perimeter weighting. And they rarely miss. Hoeffy had some interesting info about the blade debate in the last issue of the magazine. Its worth going back and reading from a guy that has created some great sets of irons both blade and otherwise.

Arent the lofts different in teh G10 set and the i10 set? Would you not have a gap?

We have a blades/cavity backs thread guys, lets get this one back on with equipment pondering and purchases. Thanks.

This isn't really a purchase ponder, but it is a ponder nonetheless. My swing is getting a lot better and I've been working with Andy on increasing my distance and accuracy. I've been pondering brining out the Ci7's again and maybe even bagging the 4i and 5i. I will probably need a bit of range time with them, but I'm feeling like it might be a fun challenge.

This isn't really a purchase ponder, but it is a ponder nonetheless. My swing is getting a lot better and I've been working with Andy on increasing my distance and accuracy. I've been pondering brining out the Ci7's again and maybe even bagging the 4i and 5i. I will probably need a bit of range time with them, but I'm feeling like it might be a fun challenge.

it could definitely be a fun challenge. Could it also be that the new equipment you are playing, is playing a role in making you strike the ball better?

TC - how did your demo Ci9 6 iron go? Think you are down to those and the x24's?

demo went well, but the data i received vs. my current 22's wasn't significant enough for me to make a change. i would just be buying them to buy them and that's not really a smart thing. the 24's aren't available in LH, i've never hit one!

it could definitely be a fun challenge. Could it also be that the new equipment you are playing, is playing a role in making you strike the ball better?

That's a really good point. I think it is a combo of my equipment, Andy's help by analyzing video of me, and practice. I'm going to stick to the equipment that has brought me this far, but those white grips look so sharp on those Ci7's!

Great thanks.
made sure of that...nonetheless I am thinking of ordering the 5 iron in the i10 model. My big issue is that when I put the Fybrid 4h in the bag I hit it about 10 yards shorter than the 4 iron. which definately causes a gap. Something I may try to fix at the outing

demo went well, but the data i received vs. my current 22's wasn't significant enough for me to make a change. i would just be buying them to buy them and that's not really a smart thing. the 24's aren't available in LH, i've never hit one!

OEM TC?

I gots me some new bling bling! I have really liked the looks of these irons ever since they came out. I'm glad I hit them well on the monitor. Now I just hope they perform in the dirt!
VrFullCavity001.jpg

VrFullCavity003.jpg

VrFullCavity005.jpg

VrFullCavity004.jpg

Those will be mine soon, too!

wedges are on my radar and i will be conducting my own shootout at the outing.

I'll be next to you on that one, I love testing wedges. Although I will stand to your left, I don't want to be in the danger zone for getting hit with your backswing:stickbeat:

wedges are on my radar and i will be conducting my own shootout at the outing.

I will also be testing wedges with you bro. Although for me I'll stand with my back facing you because I'm afraid of being blinded by glare coming off your pale skin. :D

oxymoron = more of a moron
infamous = more than famous

- Three Amigos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back