Pies to the face are funny...

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Golf balls to the face arent. Please people, I dont care how stupid you feel or look, the word FORE is not only for the golf course. It can be used on the driving range too! or ANYWHERE on the property for that matter.

Bad experience today?

I took a golfball to the side of the face/head today. There was a bug flying around my ear, and just before i went to turn i was hit. I fell down on my hands and knees. Got up, and couldnt see much of anything really. No warning, no fore. I dont really remember much of anything except for the bug part. We have a double ended range, and I couldnt tell you which side it came from, or which way i was facing when i got hit...

WOW! Did you go to the hospital? Something like that is likely to give you a concussion. Hope you're doing alright!

(A few months ago when I was struggling with the sh**ks, I nearly hit my wife square in the face with one of the hostel. I mean, less than 3 inches. She's left handed, so she faces me when we practice together. Scared me enough I didnt hit anymore that day.)

no i didnt go to the hospital. I still have kind of a headache, but im fine. It didnt split open. its still kinda swollen and warm

Welcome to the club. It isn't one I'm proud to be a member of. I didn't hear them yell FORE either (neither did the 6 others around) although they swore they yelled it. Keep some ice on it and just relax, at least yours didn't split open like mine.

dude you should probably go get checked out...

Man that had to hurt, if you get a worse headache or blurry vision go get it checked out. glad your ok though.

Thanks everyone. Still hurts this morning, but its not unbearable. Ill go get it checked out if it gets any worse

That sucks, really unlucky. I'd echo that you should go get it checked. You can never be too careful with a head injury.

Etiquette and manners really are slipping nowadays.

I had a ball land about 2 feet away from me coming from another hole. The guy teed off and sliced into my fairway, which was parallel to him. He didn't yell fore, and when I suggested not so nicely that he do so in the future, he said he couldn't see me because I was behind a tree.

Me, I yell fore as often as I can...but I would imagine if your shot is going into another hole's territory, you should probably yell fore even if you don't see anyone.

Sorry to hear that man. I know I also tend to figure stuff will just go away but if you don’t go get checked out and that headache persists, please GO!

I know golf (the USGA specifically) has made a major effort to get more people involved in the game. Golf needs to do more to teach people how to act on the course, at the range, etc. I have never seen as much bad behavior in my life as I see on the course today. Frankly, etiquette on the course mirrors the general level of civility and etiquette much more than it has in the past and all of that has gone downhill. There is more of a mix of people that learned their golf etiquette from their parents or at a time when it was practiced regularly with people that don’t recognize that there is such a thing as golf etiquette. Age appears to be of little consequence here either as a number of folks came onto golf late in life and are as likely to blow it as anybody. I have mentioned before that I had not been on a golf course for sixteen years before this year coming back and I am really kinda’ taken aback by the attitude of some the players and even those involved in course management.

Man, I would not stall on goin gto the hospital, all you need to do is have them check to see if you have a concussion. If so, you need proper treatment. If not treated it can result in VER BAD things. A concussion is no joke. and from reading your post it sounds like you could have got one.

Sorry to hear that, strange as it sounds it seems you actually got lucky not to be more badly hurt.

This is certainly not helped by the Pros who rarely shout and would rather it hit someone in the gallery to bounce into play than go OOB or in the hay. If the Pros were shouting the rest of the world would too.

Personally I pride myself on having the best 'FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE LEFT' in the club.

Hope you feel better soon.

i got very lucky. my sunglasses took the brunt of the blow, and 1.5 inches left, and i wouldve gotten it right in the temple. And we all know how temple shots end up

Knock on wood i haven't been hit or hit anyone but as a flip side to this I was playing with a buddy and we pull up to a tee and there is a cart in the fairway. Its a dogleg to the right then a big patch of rough to a downhill green so its not a driver hole. So i see the guys wavin us on and they move to the left side of the fairway and duck behind their carts. So i hit my tee shot with a fade and hit it perfect, right where i was aiming to get as close as i could to the dogleg away from the cart. Then my partner yells FORE!!!!!! I said man thats nowhere near um and i look and see a cart tearin ass out from behind the dogleg. It was a group of 4 and the morons actually sat on both sides of the fairways, one in a spot blind from the tee! Didn't actually hit em but still there are idiots all over the course and not all of em are in danger of just hitting you but of being hit themselves! Bout the dumbest thing i have seen on the course and i have played with people too drunk too stand up.

there's a punchline about 'ball fitting' here but I can't seem to come up with one....

I took one to the upper left side of my chest a couple weeks ago. It was not a pleasant feeling. It was my fault though as I was slightly ahead and way to the right of the golfer. He sliced 1 right at me and I jumped backwards right into the slice. Lesson learned about trying to dodge golf balls!

Thainer glad to hear your not in too bad a shape, glad it could have been worse not it is worse. Other than that its about square time someone had a nice chat with the folks at your range about etiquette of the game, its not embarrassing and it could save someone's life. Glad to hear your gonna be ok man

Back