Puma sizing vs Nike sizing?

the19thgreen

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Shoe size wise? Can anyone help out? I heard a bunch of different things. Anywhere from the same, to a half size, to a full size bigger. Any help?

Moved to Golf Style.

I have both and both make good shoes. Nike runs fairly true to size the last couple of years for our testing and reviews. Puma has been very different over the last 2 years. Last year their Swing Crown GTX ran slightly big in one pair and very true in the other. This year I have two pairs of shoes. The Cell Tech Fusions run close to true to size whereas my other pair runs a half size small.

But in reality, I have found that in 2010 Puma is having major quality control issues. I liked their shoe Cell Tech Fusions quite a bit, but others have emailed in with durability issues. And for the money, there are so many great shoes this year that I am not sure I would risk it.

If you are ordering online and used to sizing in Nike, let me know which style and I can give you a closer idea of how close they are in our trials anyway.

I'm looking at the Swing Crown GTX and wear a 9 in a Nike golf shoe.

The Swing Crown GTX were a tough shoe. They run slightly big for me. But not a full half size. Definitely good shoes, but the sizing was hard. If you cant try them on, I might advise looking for something that you can.

Is there a thread of reccomended/top rated shoes for 2010 yet?

That's a shame about the quality issues. The puma harpia was definitely at the top of my shoe wish list.

Well that's a bummer. Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll hold off then.

Back