Demo Day Suggestions - FL Golf Outing

But to switch up to good news, we have TONS of companies on board and ready to have their stuff tested and in the hands of consumers.

I LOVE it!!! I'm a kid in a candy store at demo days! Hopefully I don't go and wear myself out swinging demos before our round even starts!

I guess some companies are just total control freaks. I'm not supporting why they do it but you never know, they could have gotten burned badly sometime or another. It still boggles my mind though, anybody with half a brain can see that the reviews here are clearly un-biased and fair. Perhaps that is what they are afraid of.

I guess some companies are just total control freaks. I'm not supporting why they do it but you never know, they could have gotten burned badly sometime or another. It still boggles my mind though, anybody with half a brain can see that the reviews here are clearly un-biased and fair. Perhaps that is what they are afraid of.

The part that bothers me has little to do with the reviews though. If a company does not want their product reviewed, that is fine. We accept that. But to not want direct consumers feedback is a whole other matter.

We as consumers need to be sure and reward the ones that do, and to those that don't we can treat them the same way they treat us. I want to say thanks again JB for you guys busting your butts to make this all happen for us hackers! I can only imagine how crazy it is around Camp Babbit right now.

If their stuff isn't going to be reviewed and they will get the benefit of consumer feedback I don't get it at all. It is wonderful that most companies don't have that mind set. I am really jealous I can't be there this time. Y'all are going to have a blast. I will be waiting to here y'alls opinions on all those awesome toys.

The part that bothers me has little to do with the reviews though. If a company does not want their product reviewed, that is fine. We accept that. But to not want direct consumers feedback is a whole other matter.

I don't understand why companies wouldn't want to jump at this type of opportunity. A closed opportunity to have up to 50 people try out your equipment and compare against what else is out there. Lack of confidence or lack of control?

I don't understand why companies wouldn't want to jump at this type of opportunity. A closed opportunity to have up to 50 people try out your equipment and compare against what else is out there. Lack of confidence or lack of control?

Both. I bet its both.

That little birdie is back. He did not say much other than Ping fans might be happy!

Thank you Birdie, I have been looking into PING a bit lately. Now I can look at the line a bit more at the outing!!! :banana:

great news about PING!!!!

as far as that other company that doesn't want to participate, i say that you are completely missing out! and i wish that you would reconsider your ridiculous policy. it's a shame b/c i have no doubts that you may have items that work well for some and for those that they do work well for, you will be represented with honesty, respect, and passion. and you know what? that may LEAD TO SALES!!!! i, for one, cannot understand your mentality, and as an enthusiast of equipment and this wonderful game, you are doing yourself a huge disservice!

for those OEM's (not you kevin) that are participating, KUDOS to you!!! your faith, belief and willingness to participate is something that i will never forget. you are all on my radar!!!

great news about PING!!!!

as far as that other company that doesn't want to participate, i say that you are completely missing out! and i wish that you would reconsider your ridiculous policy. it's a shame b/c i have no doubts that you may have items that work well for some and for those that they do work well for, you will be represented with honesty, respect, and passion. and you know what? that may LEAD TO SALES!!!! i, for one, cannot understand your mentality, and as an enthusiast of equipment and this wonderful game, you are doing yourself a huge disservice!

for those OEM's (not you kevin) that are participating, KUDOS to you!!! your faith, belief and willingness to participate is something that i will never forget. you are all on my radar!!!

This was well said and I agree with the way you stated this was excellent. It was forthright without being too assertive. Hopefully whatever company (Titliest or Cobra) should get off their arse and release their clubs for the outing. It could not hurt, and like Calloway said, it could be a positive thing for the companies not participating. Say all 50 of us just despise the clubs you send (I doubt that cause I know one person would love em) then you have to say, we need to go back to the drawing board. That's not a bad thing, however, if you get some positive feedback, then it can only help sales take off. It can be a domino effect. I love my snakes, however, I can certainly understand why so many people on here are pissed because of the rules set forth by both compaines. Come on guys show us you got some backbone and some good stuff under the hood!

ol Gray

Last edited:
What is really funny to me is that all but two major OEM's send out stuff to review and to test. I know in the past that smaller gimmicky club manufacturers refused to send equipment for shootouts and after hitting their stuff, I understand why. This kind of makes me want to lump the two major OEM's in with that list, but I know that their stuff is good because I have friends that use their stuff.

My late mother always told me to keep my mouth shut and let my abilities speak for me and that if I was good, I would never have to tell people that I was. I think that is great advice that some companies just don't understand.

What is really funny to me is that all but two major OEM's send out stuff to review and to test. I know in the past that smaller gimmicky club manufacturers refused to send equipment for shootouts and after hitting their stuff, I understand why. This kind of makes me want to lump the two major OEM's in with that list, but I know that their stuff is good because I have friends that use their stuff.

My late mother always told me to keep my mouth shut and let my abilities speak for me and that if I was good, I would never have to tell people that I was. I think that is great advice that some companies just don't understand.

But in reality seth, only one company did not participate at the Spring outing. The other you speak of had a set of irons there. That same company has sent wedges for the fall outing (or I should say wedge). So it is JUST ONE company this time as of right now.

But in reality seth, only one company did not participate at the Spring outing. The other you speak of had a set of irons there. That same company has sent wedges for the fall outing (or I should say wedge). So it is JUST ONE company this time as of right now.

that's precisely what i was thinking. i remember the ap1's being at the spring outing, and i remember some guys being very impressed with them.

i would think that by going through a new ownership that this ONE company would really try to do what they could to get their products out to more and more consumers. not being able to piggy back demo days affiliated with acushnet is going to be another challenge for them all together.

i just hope that someone with some pull at cobra is reading all of this, b/c the fact is, we're not angry, just confused and we'd love to have the opportunity to try out your products. move forward as a company in a good, positive direction!!

That's right. Well, I cut my criticism in half then.

GG, i would really, really love to see an adams super black hybrid (LH), 19*, stiff flex at the outing.

setho had his when we golfed sunday and it's just awesome looking and sounding, and the ball flight was incredibly. this one is definitely on the radar and adams would be more than likely selling one if they let me hit one at the outing!!!!!!

GG, i would really, really love to see an adams super black hybrid (LH), 19*, stiff flex at the outing.

setho had his when we golfed sunday and it's just awesome looking and sounding, and the ball flight was incredibly. this one is definitely on the radar and adams would be more than likely selling one if they let me hit one at the outing!!!!!!

I will do my very best to make that happen but I will be honest I am not sure I will be able to get that done, but I promise I will do everything I can do make it happen.

I will do my very best to make that happen but I will be honest I am not sure I will be able to get that done, but I promise I will do everything I can do make it happen.

does that include another hot dog challenge....minus the wheat buns

i know you will, that's all that matters. hopefully they read the thread and they'll feel compelled to send one. i can't find a LH one to demo anywhere around here.

GG, dont look!!!

Erik_Denmark_500.jpg

Back