Taylormade Burner Super Fast Fairway Woods

I too use this thing off the tee when my Supertri is being fiesty. This thing is used on all short par 4's, and whenever the fairway is rather limited. I still have momentd where getting the desired loft is a challenge, but I am consistently reaching par 5's in two because of this rocket...I almost wish I would have tried out the driver before I purchased the supertri since it would have been hundreds of dollars cheaper.

Did they send over any 5 woods. I have a 2007 burner 3 wood. And hit it good about half the time. Everyone is telling me that 5 woods are easier to hit. ??

Did they send over any 5 woods. I have a 2007 burner 3 wood. And hit it good about half the time. Everyone is telling me that 5 woods are easier to hit. ??

The review consisted of only the 3 wood. 5 woods "can" be easier to hit, but not always.

I was actually referring to the Diablo Edge Tour - 15 degree. The Superfast is a good 10 to 12 yards longer, consistently. Now that I'm dialing it in the dispersion is getting tighter as well.

Really? Hmm Im loving my Diablo Edge 3W, been the best club in my bag the last few rounds. But 10 -12 yards is always a nice gain!

So I've been playing the superfast 3 wood for a few weeks now.

I will say this: when you catch it flush it feels absolutely buttery. Here's my problem though - the ballflight is so low for me.

It's a 15 deg club, but off the deck I get 220 yard stingers. I wish Taylormade would make this in a 4 wood, because I think the 18 deg 5 wood is too much.

Anybody else getting low ballflight from this wood?

Not at all actually. In fact, I find it high. Nice description too, I have never heard of a wood described as buttery, I like it.

Everytime I use this club I come away more impressed. Not sure I have used a 3 wood that performs quite like this one.

Everytime I use this club I come away more impressed. Not sure I have used a 3 wood that performs quite like this one.

i don't believe i could say anything any better than you just did. honestly, this club makes me want to hit it off the tee more and more.

my only concern is the "chrome'd" bottom and the grip, and how long both will hold up. do you notice that the sole of the club tends to just show everything?

Man, I wish I had the dough to cough up for one of these. I come in here and read these reviews and it leaves my wanting one even more. maybe I should stay away

i don't believe i could say anything any better than you just did. honestly, this club makes me want to hit it off the tee more and more.

my only concern is the "chrome'd" bottom and the grip, and how long both will hold up. do you notice that the sole of the club tends to just show everything?

Im on the SuperFast love machine too! Yesterday I was almost hitting it further then my driver.

Ive noticed that too tc. The bottom gets all slimed up a lot. And my grip is already showing wear marks on it. But Id probably put the same grip back on it since the whole set up works so dang well.

Im on the SuperFast love machine too! Yesterday I was almost hitting it further then my driver.

Ive noticed that too tc. The bottom gets all slimed up a lot. And my grip is already showing wear marks on it. But Id probably put the same grip back on it since the whole set up works so dang well.

i just hate how the sole shows every single mark. i'm a bit ocd when it comes to keeping my gear clean (my poor THP spotless swing towel looks like it's been rode hard and put up wet). the grip is super and it makes me want to consider the winn lite for my irons eventually but i'll be keen to so just how long it lasts.

i just hate how the sole shows every single mark. i'm a bit ocd when it comes to keeping my gear clean (my poor THP spotless swing towel looks like it's been rode hard and put up wet). the grip is super and it makes me want to consider the winn lite for my irons eventually but i'll be keen to so just how long it lasts.

This the grip that I was going to use for all my clubs but it just doesnt hold up as well as the new decades. They get a little slick too. I can see needing to replace it next year. The grip I mean lol

I agree about the grip. I really like them.

I demoed this club today. OMG, love it. I have the SF driver in a stiff shaft. Driver swing speed average is 105. My pro shop only had a regular shaft in the SF 3 wood, so I reluctantly took it to the range and worked it into my normal practice. Off the deck I was hitting it 220 - 235 accurately. Off a tee 210 - 220. Interesting?

Spoke with the pro about getting a stiff versus a regular. He claims that I will get more distance out of a Regular shaft and sacrifice a little accuracy.

A few questions:

Should I fo for the 3W in the regular?

I have been thinking about re shafting the SF driver like Bigsey and others have done. Stiff or Regular?

And the grips are great, but will not last long. I will replace with another Winn when needed.

I demoed this club today. OMG, love it. I have the SF driver in a stiff shaft. Driver swing speed average is 105. My pro shop only had a regular shaft in the SF 3 wood, so I reluctantly took it to the range and worked it into my normal practice. Off the deck I was hitting it 220 - 235 accurately. Off a tee 210 - 220. Interesting?

Spoke with the pro about getting a stiff versus a regular. He claims that I will get more distance out of a Regular shaft and sacrifice a little accuracy.

A few questions:

Should I fo for the 3W in the regular?

I have been thinking about re shafting the SF driver like Bigsey and others have done. Stiff or Regular?

And the grips are great, but will not last long. I will replace with another Winn when needed.

There is no way to really no this without numbers from a launch monitor. If you are set on getting it, get a quick fitting done at the time of purchase.

Thanks JB. Going to get a fitting first. It is possible to get fit for a stiff shaft in the driver and a regular in the 3 wood.

There is no way to really no this without numbers from a launch monitor. If you are set on getting it, get a quick fitting done at the time of purchase.

Thanks JB. Going to get a fitting first. It is possible to get fit for a stiff shaft in the driver and a regular in the 3 wood.

Sure it is. Different swings, different shafts (assuming they are different), etc... Not extremely common, but definitely possible. I was different for my driver and 3 wood for quite a while.

glad to hear all the love for the SF fairway wood. Anyone know if there will be a SF hybrid in the future? IMO, TM seems a little thin versus others in the area of hybrids/rescuecubs

glad to hear all the love for the SF fairway wood. Anyone know if there will be a SF hybrid in the future? IMO, TM seems a little thin versus others in the area of hybrids/rescuecubs

There are a couple of threads on it. It is out in other areas of the world, but they are not releasing it here yet. The tour van preference and consumer testing in the US showed the preference was still to the Rescues. It will be released in a combo set with the SuperLaunch irons soon.

Having hit it, I agree with the testers, I did not care for it much. It was okay, but not great.

I forgot to add something to this that I found amusing. While at Bandon, there were about 15 of us and everybody played different clubs, but every single person there played the SuperFast FW wood or the R9 FW wood. Not a single other brand in FW out there.

Now obviously the TM/adidas guys all played them, but everybody else did as well. So I did my impromptu little survey and they all said the same thing. "best I ever hit".

I tend to agree, that those two are teh best I have hit.

If it was offered in 17 degree loft I would consider the switch. Can't wait to see how it compares to my Launcher at the outing...in 29 days

If it was offered in 17 degree loft I would consider the switch. Can't wait to see how it compares to my Launcher at the outing...in 29 days

man, it's going to blow it out of the water. you know i was a fan of my launcher 3wood as well, but it's not even a fair fight stacked up against the superfast. my one and only complaint about the superfast is the chrome'd sole, it shows way too much wear for my liking. this is strictly a personal thing and by no means does it affect playability, but as someone who likes his stuff clean and shiny, it's irritating how easily that sole gets used looking.

Back