When lunch just isnt enough...

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Went to Applebees for lunch with a co-worker today. It was pretty much the two of us running the show today. So, we decided that called for a few drinks. Six drinks later we left. And damn did we feel good too!

So lets hear it. CONFESS! Have you ever found that lunch just wasnt enough and put a few back?? But please dont get fired so change the names of the innocent and or guilty if you need!

Two months ago I played golf with the CEO of my company. I was trashed by the 5th hole. When your boss's boss's boss's boss's boss tells you to drink, YOU DRINK.

Our policy: It's not against policy to consume alcohol during lunch. It is however against policy to work after having consumed alcohol.

Last time I had a beverage during lunch was while on a project with Europeans. When in Rome...

it was a very common and completely acceptible thing to do in australia. went to the pub almost every day for lunch and always had a beer or two. i don't have drinks in my position now b/c i'm on the road all the time and a dui just wouldn't be conducive to making money.

Our policy: It's not against policy to consume alcohol during lunch. It is however against policy to work after having consumed alcohol.

Last time I had a beverage during lunch was while on a project with Europeans. When in Rome...

Thats a sneaky policy. I had to read it twice haha

I had a supervisor, who is now a private contractor (not by choice), that felt the occasional lunch could be drawn out till the end of the day while tipping back a few. Not quite the mission statement they'd like us to follow.

Our lunches are done in break shanties as a group so no drinking. Being drunk also makes it a bit tuff to scale steel 200 feet in the air. Sort of like God's sobriety test!

Went to Applebees for lunch with a co-worker today. It was pretty much the two of us running the show today. So, we decided that called for a few drinks. Six drinks later we left. And damn did we feel good too!

So lets hear it. CONFESS! Have you ever found that lunch just wasnt enough and put a few back?? But please dont get fired so change the names of the innocent and or guilty if you need!

I work in probably the only industry in the US (pro audio) where the three martini (if manufacturer reps are taking me out for lunch) or the six pack (on job site, before afternoon sound check) lunch is still an accepted and time honored practice. So, um... yea, I've definitely gone back to the office to experience "chair spins" or wanted to crawl on top of the microphone coffin case and take a nap.

I work in probably the only industry in the US (pro audio) where the three martini (if manufacturer reps are taking me out for lunch) or the six pack (on job site, before afternoon sound check) lunch is still an accepted and time honored practice. So, um... yea, I've definitely gone back to the office to experience "chair spins" or wanted to crawl on top of the microphone coffin case and take a nap.

I love an Appletini but they sure do sneak up on you!

I love an Appletini but they sure do sneak up on you!

Yea those will sneak up on your real fast. An amp company had a martini bar set up in their tradeshow booth at our big show last year and were pouring those like no tomorrow. Needless to say, I think I promised to buy several of their amps after a few.

I guess some would think that we get spoiled at my job. I work in the liquor industry so it is not uncommon that we are sipping tequila or bourbon or vodka, etc. at 9:00 in the morning. Followed by wine tasting with 6-8 different bottles at lunch. That is pretty much a regular Friday where I work.

Back in my Corporate photographer days the Engineering department would go out to lunch on Fridays and have a "Few" cocktails with lunch. Friday afternoons were pretty uneventful. One Friday I had 8 Beefeater and Tonics and we went back to work. We built prototype rail cars and truck trailers for Pullman. My boss had an emergency shoot on top of the railcar. Got my camera, climbed up to the railcar and and the whole world started spinning. Got the photos and cooled it on the future Friday lunches.

In my early days of chefdom I spent many nights boozin after the dinner rush. Or before. Or during. Or all three. Among other things that is.

hmm, can's say I have. But we do have early fridays about once a month with a few beers and snacks around 2-3ish. Now that I'm talking about it, it does sound really lame...

Not during lunch, but I do keep a bottle in my desk for an evening cocktail with the guys after a long day. For a while I had a Crown a week habit.

I used to keep beer and bourbon at the Monkey Disco refridgerator. I don't now because I have some underage workers.

I guess some would think that we get spoiled at my job. I work in the liquor industry so it is not uncommon that we are sipping tequila or bourbon or vodka, etc. at 9:00 in the morning. Followed by wine tasting with 6-8 different bottles at lunch. That is pretty much a regular Friday where I work.

are you hiring?

I will usually have a few drinks when a rep takes me to lunch. I think the real question is how many have shown up to work still a little tipsy from the night before.

My old screen name was Tipsy McStagger until I realized there was a restaurant with the same name. I also am a USGA member with the same name.

Back