How many balls do you lose a round?

I will say that Florida probably has more lost balls per square foot than anywhere in the world. All that water and OB combined with visiting hackers like me is a recipe for disaster.

I concur with this... if the gators ate golf balls they wouldn't starve.

As for me, depending on the swing and the tides between 2-12.

I average 2 to 3. A couple of weeks ago I played at The Cliffs at Possum KIngdom which is a ball eating course. You Texas guys who have played there know what I mean. Anyway I think I lost 12 balls that day. I have played that course many times over the last 20 years and after every round I say I'm never doing it again because of the beating I take, but I always do. The scenery is outstanding and after a few months the pain wears off.

If I only loose one during the round I'll shank 2 OB on the last hole just to maintain my average. You do not want to run afoul of the golf laws.

Id say 1 or 2 but I have those days where every approach shot seems to bounce into the woods.

I lose between 1 and 6. It depends where I play. The grass was so high Sunday I couldn't find a putt that rolled off the green. I found 2 other balls near the same spot. They hadn't mowed in a long while.

I tend to lose a few balls at the start of the round... then settle down and not lose as many...
Figure 4-5 lost balls by the 4th hole, then after that maybe 2-3 trough the rest, unless of course there is water within driving range!!

If I can make it out to the Outing, some of you will see what I'm talking about.

1 to 2. Tee shot usually finds the wonderfully placed water hazards in my landing zone.

On average about 2 a round!

0-1 ball a round. I switched to Srixons for their durability over the Pentas, but the yellow is an added plus. It's hard to lose them!

0-2. My home course is wide open on the front, but the back is so wooded and some fairways make what we see on television look open. On nicer courses I typically play conservative and don't lose many.

I got really good at only losing 0-1 balls a round because i have a pretty good eye for seeing where they land and go to and the course I used to play at was eay to find them, but there is so many houses at the course I started playing at more(its nicer, and its 18 holes) that if you slice/hook one its so hard to find because it just disappears from sight once it goes behind a house. So it probably anywhere from 1-5 for me depending on the day and swing im working with lol

yeah definitely depends on where I play. wait...no it doesn't. Last 2 rounds I played the same course...the first time I lost 1 ball...the 2nd time I lost at least 6 before I stopped counting...I would say Im good for 3 lost balls a round on the average. But I usually play cheap balls so I have a 30 second rule. Can't find it after 30 secs and I drop and move on...

I will also drop if I can't find my ball after a short period of time... so that brings up another subject... if you drop just because you know your ball should be there but you can't find it... do you count the penalty? I always do because I know that if I hit it better, I wouldn't need to do it, but many of my friends do not...

Lost two Srixon AD-333 last time I played but found two Taylormade Penta's. I don't mind that exchange.

I used to think if I only lost a sleeve a balls a round it was a good thing, but now I'll play quite a few rounds with the same ball.

I will also drop if I can't find my ball after a short period of time... so that brings up another subject... if you drop just because you know your ball should be there but you can't find it... do you count the penalty? I always do because I know that if I hit it better, I wouldn't need to do it, but many of my friends do not...

I will take a penalty unless I think there was a strong possibility that someone picked up my ball. I have literally watched people in front of me or on next hole walk right up to my ball and try to pocket it or play it

If I think I won't find it for any reason, I hit another. In the rare event that I don't hit a provisional, and I can't find it, I will drop it and take a +2 to come as close to penalty/distance as possible. Still really isn't right, but it's not really that easy to go back to the tee most of the time. That's why I hit a lot of provisionals.

I usually lose 1 or 2 per round due to water or woods but I also usually find at least that many, if not more, while looking for mine so it all evens out.
"I'm even Steven!"

Finally getting to the point where I can play with the same ball the whole round... usually. Not a lot of H2O forced carries, deep rough or forest to hit into on my home course though.

I can typically get through a round without losing a ball, I usually retire to my shag bag more often than I loose them, but then again, I lost 5 balls in a round a couple of weeks ago, loosing 3 in a 2 hole stretch.

I lose about 2 balls every round. Have lost as many as 8 and have played 2 rounds this year without losing a ball!

Right now its 0 - 2. Much better than my all time max of 18 when I first started. That was only for 9 holes. What a 1/2 round that was. The course I played had rattlesnake warning signs everywhere and I never went near them despite my ball finding them on nearly every hole.

Right now its 0 - 2. Much better than my all time max of 18 when I first started. That was only for 9 holes. What a 1/2 round that was. The course I played had rattlesnake warning signs everywhere and I never went near them despite my ball finding them on nearly every hole.

Funny you say that because I hear rattle snake bites are up this year. Good thing your game has improved....hehe

Remember the Pink Chromax that found its way into a snake hole in FL?

Back