Bpipe95's Shaft optimizer thread (also includes superfast demo)

Update, shafts came via UPS today.

newshafts.jpg

I will be going to GG on Friday morning to speak with the club tech and get the shafts pulled and replaced.

Another small update, the Spine finder came today I got them all marked and ready to go.

I can not wait to get these things rockin.

awesome stuff!!! man, $10 for shafts pulled and new one's installed (per club) is a phenomenal deal. suddenly, i feel as though maybe i got ripped off.

can't wait to hear about them man. just remember, don't get all antsy and pick them up from GG and then go to the range. give that adhesive ample time to cure, wouldn't want your club head flying down the range.

That is one reason I am gripping them myself. It will make me wait for everything to be dry.

I hope to play on Saturday if they are done by Friday afternoon, if not then I will play on Sunday.

Bpipe,
you should also contact these guys in the future:

Talk to Steve over at PenFair Golf, he is a Ping Authorized fitter and club builder (is on the ball, go check out his shop)

Also talk to Jeff Rupert (A Ravenwood member) owns the Golf Junction in Fairport (also a club builder) These guys will certainily do you know wrong.

PM me with more questions.

Dropped the irons off today, the latest I will have them is Tuesday.

So it looks like I will be gaming the old black cat tours this weekend, that is going to be punishing!

Little thread hijack here....JB, or anyone for that matter, is the matrix Ozik shaft that comes standard in the Superfast a complete POS? I'm thinking of picking one of these up for fun, and I know I will have to reshaft it, but will the stock shaft work at all until then?

Little thread hijack here....JB, or anyone for that matter, is the matrix Ozik shaft that comes standard in the Superfast a complete POS? I'm thinking of picking one of these up for fun, and I know I will have to reshaft it, but will the stock shaft work at all until then?

i know jb, tc, oem, and myself all use the stock superfast 3 wood shaft and it seems to be working just fine. And it looks pretty sweet to

i know jb, tc, oem, and myself all use the stock superfast 3 wood shaft and it seems to be working just fine. And it looks pretty sweet to

I should have explained a little better, I meant the driver I'm sorry.

I should have explained a little better, I meant the driver I'm sorry.

id say its pretty good but of course it wont be a 150-300 dollar high end shaft. Its working for a lot of people but guess the only way to find out for your game is to hit it.

id say its pretty good but of course it wont be a 150-300 dollar high end shaft. Its working for a lot of people but guess the only way to find out for your game is to hit it.

Yah I would love to but no one around here lets you test clubs and the demo days are long since passed for this season.

jrod, are you inquiring about the shaft in the driver or the 3wood? i've demo'd the SF driver and didn't care for the shaft at all, but it's very good in the 3wood, doesn't launch too high, more penetrating flight, and a great feel to it. the driver felt like a soft noodle to me, and even with a 9.5* head, just launched the ball way too high for my liking.

jrod, are you inquiring about the shaft in the driver or the 3wood? i've demo'd the SF driver and didn't care for the shaft at all, but it's very good in the 3wood, doesn't launch too high, more penetrating flight, and a great feel to it. the driver felt like a soft noodle to me, and even with a 9.5* head, just launched the ball way too high for my liking.

Yah I felt the shaft whipping like nobodies business just hitting it into the net.

I'm sorry I was inquiring about the driver shaft.

Just buy the head and get a shaft for it? sucks you cant demo anything. Yall dont have a dicks, golfsmith or anything there?

Just buy the head and get a shaft for it? sucks you cant demo anything. Yall dont have a dicks, golfsmith or anything there?

Well we have a dicks but I'm pretty sure there launch monitor is full of it. I had a 08 burner with some 50 gram POS shaft in it that I would slice 80% of the time cause the shaft was bent in half throughout my entire swing but the machine said I was hitting a perfect draw carrying 300 yards with like 200 RPM sidespin.

Call me crazy but I think the machine is rigged. heh

Well we have a dicks but I'm pretty sure there launch monitor is full of it. I had a 08 burner with some 50 gram POS shaft in it that I would slice 80% of the time cause the shaft was bent in half throughout my entire swing but the machine said I was hitting a perfect draw carrying 300 yards with like 200 RPM sidespin.

Call me crazy but I think the machine is rigged. heh

i agree! i only trust someone with a vector.....period!!!

and there'll be one at the demo day, with all that beautiful equipment....haha.....sorry man, had to rub it in just a little.

Yah I felt the shaft whipping like nobodies business just hitting it into the net.

I'm sorry I was inquiring about the driver shaft.

I did not like the shaft offering on the superfast at all. It really did feel like a wet pasta noodle.

i agree! i only trust someone with a vector.....period!!!

and there'll be one at the demo day, with all that beautiful equipment....haha.....sorry man, had to rub it in just a little.

Bastage. :D

Well I got some rather bad news today when I went to pick up my irons...

The guy cut all the shafts wrong. REALLY wrong...

The Manager was baffled at how badly the guy screwed up. GG will be buying me all new shafts and redoing the work, but I will be with out my BP's for about another week or so.

I am bummed but at least they will be making it right!

But when I got home from traveling for two days I found my new 3 wood along with 3 dozen Zstarx's on my front steps. That saved the day!

how on earth did they cut them wrong?

how on earth did they cut them wrong?

My irons are a .370 parallel shaft, not a tapper tip, so you have to cut the tip.

Instead of cutting the tip by the recommended amount, installing, then butt cutting to the final length, the guy just butt cut them all to length. TT has the tip cut length right on their website, this is super simple beginner type ****.

In other words I have no idea why this guy was even working on my clubs.

I am not happy but they WILL make it right.

Got a call from the Manager @ GG today, they are trying to figure out how to order my shafts. As they can not just order something without having it paid for in advance. So the manager is waiting to hear from His district LP guy as to how they will pay for the order. This is looking like it is going to take a while.

ugh.

This is the type of stuff that makes me nervous about going to big box places like dicks, gg, etc. You never know if the certified guy is working on your clubs or some 8$/hour after school special.

Edit: I'm sorry to hear this BP, hopefully they get on it and get it remedied quickly. Stay on their stuff, don't let them slack around.

Back