Everything's Amazing; Nobody's Happy

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux

Last edited:
Thanks, Small--it's the kind of day where we need to be reminded of that.

Now if only the market would stop melting...

LOVE Louis CK!

He can still bring it. Since his HBO show ended, his standup is even better.

Very funny.

What is the speed of light not fast enough for you??
:alien2:

But sort of on point--my grandfather was born in a teeny village in eastern Europe at the end of the 19th century. I was there not long after the Wall came down, and this place still had ox carts in the road. He came to this country after almost dying, fighting for the wrong side of WWI.

Grandpa died in 1983. It always seemed to me that his life pretty much covered 500 years of technology, at least given where he started.

And now we look back a mere 25 years and those changes have been just about as large. I mean, in 1983, the first PCs were just coming onto the market, the idea of a portable (or car phone) was the merest glimmer, ATMs were still pretty new, etc. etc. And yeah--no one is satisfied.

I keep telling my clients to count their blessings. In all of recorded history, is there a time or a place you'd rather live than where you are right now? Should probably listen to my own advice, huh?

Sorry--didn't mean to get maudlin here. I'll go back to being a snarky b*tch soon enough.

But sort of on point--my grandfather was born in a teeny village in eastern Europe at the end of the 19th century. I was there not long after the Wall came down, and this place still had ox carts in the road. He came to this country after almost dying, fighting for the wrong side of WWI.

Grandpa died in 1983. It always seemed to me that his life pretty much covered 500 years of technology, at least given where he started.

And now we look back a mere 25 years and those changes have been just about as large. I mean, in 1983, the first PCs were just coming onto the market, the idea of a portable (or car phone) was the merest glimmer, ATMs were still pretty new, etc. etc. And yeah--no one is satisfied.

I keep telling my clients to count their blessings. In all of recorded history, is there a time or a place you'd rather live than where you are right now? Should probably listen to my own advice, huh?

Sorry--didn't mean to get maudlin here. I'll go back to being a snarky b*tch soon enough.

Shoot just in my lifetime (the whole 26 years of it) things have changed considerably.

I couldn't tell you when we got call waiting on our phone. Anytime you called and someone was on the phone you had to keep calling back. We didn't get caller id until way after it was out either. Now you have call waiting and if they still don't answer you can leave a voicemail.

My sisters and I had to beg our parents for a pager. When we finally got one people were starting to carry cell phones and then we wanted one of those.

Computers came a long way too. Our first computer was a Tandy 1000. Everything had to be loaded from disks. I'm not talking the little 1.44mb floppies either. I'm talking the HUGE floppies. We upgraded to an IBM that my Uncle gave us because they upgraded to a better computer. How about that annoying screaching you heard the first time you got on the internet. :eek:

Is there a time or place I'd want to live in the past? Probably not. There are times I would like to go visit though. But I'm forced to just live them through stories and pictures. :sad:

I get the general point, but it seems delivered poorly. Really, "the crappiest generation?" Everyone acts like they had it so hard and they're so much better compared to those who come after them - poor baby had to use a rotary phone. Imagine him before refrigeration or dry cleaning!

True story.
My Grandmother was born in May 1908. She will be 101 this coming year and in great health. To sit and talk with her and see the things that she has seen from cars becoming mainstream and not luxury items around the country to computers. Now I see her emailing (rarely) and using a cell phone.

Every generation has it easier than the next as far as technology is concerned. But what comes easier always has a price.

I honestly had never seen nor heard of the guy before today; someone emailed this clip to me! I thought it was great and HAD to share it.

Everything's Amazing, Nobody's Happy

Everything's Amazing, Nobody's Happy

I thought this was hilarious.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXStPqhLmIk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXStPqhLmIk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Hilarious......... and true.

Louis CK is the best!

Everything's Amazing & Nobody's Happy

Everything's Amazing & Nobody's Happy

Old video that I just came across again but so funny and so true...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8r1CZTLk-Gk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8r1CZTLk-Gk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

"Just give it a second....it's going to space!" LOL

"Your sitting in a chair in the sky!"

"forget this guy he has two 0's in his number" lol

ok so it hasn't been posted this year yet...so it was time

This is actually a thread on Louis CK but it's been a while since it's been brought up.

Off the original premise off the thread, Jimmy Kimmel has an Amazing-meter for the Bachelor and Bachelorette show. It's funny how many times they say it! My wife says they say it all the freaking time, on every single show!

Back