Lynford

Reaction score
Handicap
First of all apologies for the late report (after I promised it a couple of weeks ago). Secondly, I hope this is in the right place, if not feel free to move it.

I don't tend to use a GPS device on my local course as I know the place so well and have literally been in probably every spot on the place. Owing to this, I just got the phone out a few times to take a screenshot to post here.

The App seems pretty easy to use, although as you can see from the Pics the finder needs to be 'Zeroed' for want of a better word to put the measurements into the middle of the screen.

IMG_0145.png

IMG_0144.png

IMG_0142.png

From experience of the course and using the App, I would say that the distances are pretty accurate and are certainly easy to read. A downside is that it seems to be a battery eater.........I only had the phone out a few times and lost a big lump of battery.

Overall I would say that on a course I am not familiar with this App would be very useful, however if you are a regular at the course and know the place well it probably isn't worth getting.

I hope this helps a little :bashful:

It certainly looks fancy. I could see this app could help with those courses that have a lot of doglegs and blind shots. I figured it might be a battery eater. Did it integrate into Golfshot or was this a standalone? Reason being is the score keeper feature. Does this one have it?

I have Golfshot Spank but this does not intergrate into it or have a scorecard. I believe they are working on it.

Personally I always mark on a card and then transfer to Golfshot for prosterity. Just seems quicker on the course.

I use Golfshot every round and was thinking about trying this one out too. But it would seem to be a real pain in the butt to have to open/close each app every hole...think I will just stick with Golfshot for now

Looks like a great app...would love to see it available for BlackBerry

Lynford thank you so much for putting this review out here. I have a couple questions.

First one may be stupid but is that actually your real course and the app just puts distances on the screen at certain spots?

As you move the screen do the distances change?

Was it hard to get the app focused so the distances came up, are they pretty easy to figure out?

Sorry about all the questions!!!!!! I know it's only $20 and Im really considering this app.

I agree with the other complaints... Looks nice, but without integrating into a scorecard, or at least Golfshot, there is really not much use for me... Maybe in future updates...

I agree with the other complaints... Looks nice, but without integrating into a scorecard, or at least Golfshot, there is really not much use for me... Maybe in future updates...

I'll second that plus the fact that it's a battery eater. I'll consider this in the future which is when I'm sure they'll work some of the kinks out.

Thanks for the quick review, Lynford.

Lynford thank you so much for putting this review out here. I have a couple questions.

First one may be stupid but is that actually your real course and the app just puts distances on the screen at certain spots?

As you move the screen do the distances change?

Was it hard to get the app focused so the distances came up, are they pretty easy to figure out?

Sorry about all the questions!!!!!! I know it's only $20 and Im really considering this app.

Yes mate, that is my local course...........it is viewed through the phones camera so is a 'live' image, then the GPS works out where you are to put the distances up.

The distance does change as you move but the changes are a bit 'lumpy' which I think is down to the iPhone's GPS catching up with where you are.

Thank you for answering my questions and this review Lynford. Really appreciate it!

Back