Miyazaki C. Kua Shafts

If you are willing to do by plane instead of car, we will have all of them at the Fall outing.

I wish Florida was in my cards this year, the whole event sounds like it is going to be beyond incredible.

They ask consumers to contact their fitters and stores that carry Miyazaki products, because they have not setup shop in the states as of yet.

Guess,I'm SOL.So far 2 dealers are not willing to help.Both want me to fly to their locations.Guess,Ill never try one of these nor become a dealer.

Guess,I'm SOL.So far 2 dealers are not willing to help.Both want me to fly to their locations.Guess,Ill never try one of these nor become a dealer.

Guess not. THP has offered to let everybody try them out at our outings if people would like to. And Miyazaki has given away 4 on the forums.

And during our last radio show with Miyazaki they told us about their online fitting system coming soon and more fitters as well.

They will not be out until fall.

hmmm... looks i need to reshaft the head with something until then....
being in singapore i will need to order online without fitting.
i have a 88-90mph ss and i am looking at a shaft that has a softer feel with a somewhat stiff tip to bring the ball flight down.
which of the kusala shaft in regular flex should i get?

hmmm... looks i need to reshaft the head with something until then....
being in singapore i will need to order online without fitting.
i have a 88-90mph ss and i am looking at a shaft that has a softer feel with a somewhat stiff tip to bring the ball flight down.
which of the kusala shaft in regular flex should i get?

With their INTL flex code, I would not begin to pick a shaft for someone. You may want to listen to the last THP Radio Show we did with Miyazaki. He speaks about online fitting and when it is coming.

With their INTL flex code, I would not begin to pick a shaft for someone. You may want to listen to the last THP Radio Show we did with Miyazaki. He speaks about online fitting and when it is coming.

i did listen to the radio show and heard of the online fitting.
it sounds really good.
i guess the wise choice will be to wait for the online fitting and for the c kua to start retailing.
in the meantime, i will just stick the stock shaft back in.
its going to be tough waiting .... :banghead:

At the PGA Championship this week Boo is playing a Launcher DST with a Miyazaki C. Kua 39 S and Vijay is playing a Launcher DST with a C. Kua 59 X.

965303991_kGeSS-L.jpg

965304012_KeNiG-L.jpg

Maybe this is what Boo needs for a win!?!

vijay still using the launcher 09.

Boo with a 39 S flex? Is that a typo or is that not the flex? Surely he would need an x for his SS

Boo with a 39 S flex? Is that a typo or is that not the flex? Surely he would need an x for his SS

yup 39g s flex is correct. Well he has a international flex code as do all Miyazaki owners but this is the new Miyazaki C. Kua shaft, jb is testing the 39gram shaft also..Every shaft has a different flex, im sure the flex code he has is a little stiffer than stiff.

The folks here seem to really like these shafts. I am wondering if anybody has an opinion regarding the standard reg flex R9 10.5 degree Supertri driver stock shaft (Motore 60) and whether or not there is some benefit in re-shafting the R9 head with one of these.

Are these generally lighter than other shafts for the same length and is that what people like about them or is there something else that sets them apart? I am thinking I am going to end up re-shafting my R9 driver as part of a fitting, hence my question. I realize that nobody can really pick a specific shaft for me without the data that is derived from a fitting. However the support for this these shafts seems so uniformly good that there must be some good features of the shaft that make is worthwhile as your choice once you know which spec you need to get.

Jnug - A lot of this is just from my own questions with the Taylormade guys and Bridgestone guys at our local demo days, but essentially I think a lot of the stock shafts have technology built in to help you get the ball in the air. However, if you make a good move into the ball and don't need the extra help, that same technology tends to make your shots too high and causes a distance loss.

Whether or not it's a benefit for you, you'll need to hit into a launch monitor to get your numbers and ideal numbers to find out.

Regarding the Miyzaki's, I honestly have never heard of them until I came onto THP and you're right they seem to love them here. If anything, I can only say what they mean to me:
1) There's a ton of confusion in shafts....for instance, what the heck is the difference between a Voodoo SVS6 versus a Voodoo NV6 versus any other shaft you can think of? It really doesn't make much sense unless you spend a lot of time researching them and Miyazaki's really onto something with this international flex code they're using. By saying oh, I'm using a 4466 versus a 6644 (made those numbers up), I know you're using a stiff shaft with either a stiffer tip or what not.

2) As for this C.Kua series, I think they designed these to be lighter than what's currently out there in the market (about 10g-30g?) and it's something new and interesting for all of us. I mean if it suddenly gives me 10 more yards, I'd be hard pressed to say "no thanks". :)

That was a great post jmingt. It was very informative and really gave me much more insight into what is really driving the enthusiasm for these shafts. I also can relate to the added height that some of these new drivers provide. I do get the sense that no matter what I do I get more height than I need or want. That said, I love hitting these contemporary drivers. I happen to have a 9.5 degree head and the 10.5 degree head I mentioned in my earlier post. Our THP pro commented in a different thread that I may likely want to go to the 9.5 degree lofted club and go to a different shaft as well as in his view the first element to the height achieved is the loft while the shaft has more to do with the slope of the trajectory.

The folks here seem to really like these shafts. I am wondering if anybody has an opinion regarding the standard reg flex R9 10.5 degree Supertri driver stock shaft (Motore 60) and whether or not there is some benefit in re-shafting the R9 head with one of these.

Are these generally lighter than other shafts for the same length and is that what people like about them or is there something else that sets them apart? I am thinking I am going to end up re-shafting my R9 driver as part of a fitting, hence my question. I realize that nobody can really pick a specific shaft for me without the data that is derived from a fitting. However the support for this these shafts seems so uniformly good that there must be some good features of the shaft that make is worthwhile as your choice once you know which spec you need to get.

When I went to the Spring THP Outing, I had the stock shaft in my R9 460. JB had about 6-7 shafts tipped in the R9 sleeve. I saw an instant difference in the Miyazaki and my stock shaft. I put the stock in the other day and it felt like complete doodoo and it reminded me how much I love the Miyazaki. TC can tell you the same story.

very interested in these shafts, need to find one soon!

There are tons of guys on tour that play S shafts. Not all S are created equally, and there are many more traits outside of SS to find the right shaft such as Tempo. For instance, Nick Price and John Daly both have the same swing speed, but play VERY DIFFERENT shafts.

That was a great post jmingt. It was very informative and really gave me much more insight into what is really driving the enthusiasm for these shafts. I also can relate to the added height that some of these new drivers provide. I do get the sense that no matter what I do I get more height than I need or want. That said, I love hitting these contemporary drivers. I happen to have a 9.5 degree head and the 10.5 degree head I mentioned in my earlier post. Our THP pro commented in a different thread that I may likely want to go to the 9.5 degree lofted club and go to a different shaft as well as in his view the first element to the height achieved is the loft while the shaft has more to do with the slope of the trajectory.

Miyazaki has two lines. C. Kua and Kusala. The company launched in the US late last year and in my opinion has the best or as good as anything else on the market. The original line (Kusala) is made up of three types being black, blue, and silver. Each is a high performance shaft that is similar, but different trajectories. Each one is available in different weights, but fairly standard weights. It is not just about finding your flex with these, as they use a 4 digit flex code so that every 10 inches you get customized flex. So the shaft can truly be personalized and they have over 18 different consumer options.

The C. Kua line was "lauched" by THP, on our radio show with Tim Gillis, and is their 2nd line. THe idea behind C. Kua was to create another high end shaft similar to the Kusala line, but in much ligher weights. They offer them in quite a few varities including the 39 gram was has been outlined in this thread that I have been trying.

Miyazaki has been around for a long time in Japan and has always put out some of the highest quality shafts in the world. Now they have been brought here by their parent company and we could not be happier with the product.

When I went to the Spring THP Outing, I had the stock shaft in my R9 460. JB had about 6-7 shafts tipped in the R9 sleeve. I saw an instant difference in the Miyazaki and my stock shaft. I put the stock in the other day and it felt like complete doodoo and it reminded me how much I love the Miyazaki. TC can tell you the same story.

yes, yes i can!!

There are tons of guys on tour that play S shafts. Not all S are created equally, and there are many more traits outside of SS to find the right shaft such as Tempo. For instance, Nick Price and John Daly both have the same swing speed, but play VERY DIFFERENT shafts.

Wow really nick price has the same ss as john daly? Daly is upper 120's. Anywho I doubt its a stock S, probably tipped, but i suppose he could hit up on the ball alot and need the spin or maybe they play really stiff being so light? Also i thought both price and daly played really super stiff shafts

Last edited:
The C. Kua line was "lauched" by THP, on our radio show with Tim Gillis, and is their 2nd line. THe idea behind C. Kua was to create another high end shaft similar to the Kusala line, but in much ligher weights. They offer them in quite a few varities including the 39 gram was has been outlined in this thread that I have been trying.

Thanks for the added info JB. It is my understanding that the lighter, second line is not quite out in the retail market yet but is so close as to be any day now. Is that right if anybody knows? If they are out already has anybody seen a place to look at retail prices? I would guess that the weight/technology equation will end up with a cost.

Thanks for the added info JB. It is my understanding that the lighter, second line is not quite out in the retail market yet but is so close as to be any day now. Is that right if anybody knows? If they are out already has anybody seen a place to look at retail prices? I would guess that the weight/technology equation will end up with a cost.

Jnug - I haven't seen the C Kuas online anywhere for sale yet. I know they don't have them at Golfworks yet, and there really isn't much information about them even on the Miyazaki website yet. A couple of online blog articles were saying/speculating that the C Kuas would be in the $150 range compared to the Kusala at $250...but I have no idea if that is accurate or not.

The C. Kua line is set to hit this fall (September). We got them last month for testing and we will have the whole selection or close to it at the THP Demo Day for people to try out.

As for cost, the miyazaki line is a high end shaft and retails for $250. Many are speculating that the C. Kua line will be less.

Wow, I would have thought sure that that the lower weight of the new line would have resulted in a higher price point than the current offering. I lower price point is sort of a shocker.

Back