From knee surgery to bad ekg and now heart checkup

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
As some of you know I had an appointment for Monday morning to have my right knee scoped as it has been giving me fits the last two years. I wanted it "FIXED" before our Setember trip but now a glitch. I had a trip to the Emergency room within the last month or so some stroke like symptons or heart problem like symptoms. I was not told anything was abnormal at the hospital so I thought, hey all is well. I walk at least five days a week and consider myself in good shape for my age. Now right before surgery the pre-op at the Orthopedic center nurse said they pulled the EKG from my last little episode and it showed a problem with the EKG which was takened. Why I was never told about this is beyound me! I have to have my records release to a heart doctor now to clear me prior to having my knee surgery. I suppose to make sure no blockage exist that could cause a blot clot or whatever.

I know that was a long story but rest assured I WILL BE IN WEST PALM BEACH come September to meet all my friends on here. My medical schedules will be worked around this trip unless something a bit more serious shows up.

Old Gray

dang gray, I hope all turns out well for you.

Hey Gray,

I guess the good thing is they actually read your EKG and discovered this issue rather than you undergo surgery and something developed post-op that could have been prevented. It sounds like your medical team is on top things. I am sure we will be seeing your smiling face and wicked golf game in September.

Take it slow and easy buddy. But I am sure KellyBo has already told you that.

SMG

Sorry to hear about your health problems. Listen to those doctors, I am sure there will always be another THP outing. Of course, I hope your recovery goes smooth and quick.

gray-that's a bummer for sure buddy, but it's best to be safe than sorry when it comes to putting someone to sleep. i hope everything works out in your favor with this.

Grey, these doc"s just find ol foggies like us interesting. They like to tinker on us, lol. I hope everything goes good for you, I'm sure that doc will take good care of you.

Gray, take it slow and listen to the doctors. We would all love to see you at the outing but of course your health should be priority #1. Do not try to shortcut things just to get at "that ole JB and that pesky shiny legged fella TC". Keep us posted and please do the right thing and listen to the doctors.

hang in there gray, they'll get you fixed up good as new!

dang gray, I hope all turns out well for you.

You guys don't worry I will be there with bells on!!!!
Hey Gray,

I guess the good thing is they actually read your EKG and discovered this issue rather than you undergo surgery and something developed post-op that could have been prevented. It sounds like your medical team is on top things. I am sure we will be seeing your smiling face and wicked golf game in September.

Take it slow and easy buddy. But I am sure KellyBo has already told you that.

SMG

I will be ready to play with who ever I am paired with :eek:).... I promise!!!!!

Last edited:
It's been almost a month since I seen the Heart Doctor that reviewed my EKG and said it was actually ok. However wilth somewhat similar symptons of heart issues today I will go through the "Sestamibi Stress Test". I thought I was just going to be getting on a thread mill and go through a walking exercise where they read a report that would have finalize my heart is good and my knee surgery can now be scheduled. Well I found out that this Sestamibi test is about three to four hours long and it involves more than just walking on a exercise device. Once this test has been completed it should confirm that I have a good strong heart and I am ready to go. I will schedule my knee surgery after our September outing so that will not cause me to bring my sticks and play with some of you fine friends I have met on here. Ok so here ol Gray is now leaving for the machine that I hope I can burn the belt off of :eek:)... They will have to get the firemen out to put the smoke out once I get off it. I have been walking every day now so being in physical shape it should be not so hard.

good luck today gray! i hope you get an awesome report back.

Good luck Gray.

I'm going to be the only one to say getting these heart tests before your surgery is a blessing. My mum recently went through knee replacement surgery, and post-op developed a blood clot in her leg. We had a very bad couple of days when the doctor told us just how precarious the situation was. Long story short, now about 6 months later, she's skipping about like a kid with a lollipop! But if she'd had these tests beforehand, most of this risk could have been easily eliminated.
So I say good luck in your tests, and I'm glad to hear they're checking you out fully, and giving you peace of mind, before giving you the go-ahead. :D

Last edited:
Good luck today Gray!!! Can't wait for you to brng us back some good news

Best wishes, Gray

Good luck Gray. I called them and told them to have buckets of water ready for when you burn that thing up.

Prayers with ya big guy!

Well darn good buddy, I hope everthing goes well. I know how badly you wanna make this trip! I will be prayin for you

Good luck Mr. Gray. At least you have a positive attitude which is very good.

Go for the gold Gray! Sounds like all the king's horses and all the king's men are trying to put you back together again. I'm sure it will all go well and fall into place for ya.

Thanks all you guys! My test came out great. The Doc, nurse , and one of the nuclear medicine guys were in the tread mill room during the testing. The test began and they kept turning up the speed and checking my BP. The Doc was looking at a monitor. Well they keep turn up the speed and the incline and kept checking my blood pressure. All was well! They cranked it up to full speed, full incline, and I kept trucking. I smiled at the Doc and said :

"Activate ol gray" Hey Doc, is that all you got on this here machine! I run harder than that chasing the mule down in the pasture :eek:) "Deactivate ol gray"

They then put me under a big machine with the nuclear medicine dye in my arm and took a bunch of pictures of my heart to make sure all is flowing good. I will hear from that report tomorrow.

I believe it will be a good report and I will be ready to rumble :eek:)

I appreciate your prayers and thoughts!

Last edited:
Good luck. I hope those tests come back with good results.

Thanks all you guys! My test came out great. The Doc, nurse , and one of the nuclear medicine guys were in the tread mill room during the testing. The test began and they kept turning up the speed and checking my BP. The Doc was looking at a monitor. Well they keep turn up the speed and the incline and kept checking my blood pressure. All was well! They cranked it up to full speed, full incline, and I kept trucking. I smiled at the Doc and said :

"Activate ol gray" Hey Doc, is that all you got on this here machine! I run harder than that chasing the mule down in the pasture :eek:) "Deactivate ol gray"

I appreciate your prayers and thoughts! They then put me under a big machine with the nuclear medicine dye in my arm and took a bunch of pictures of my heart to make sure all is flowing good. I will hear from that report tomorrow.

That is awesome Gray! It will be nice to have a clean bill of health on this deal.

I appreciate your prayers and thoughts! They then put me under a big machine with the nuclear medicine dye in my arm and took a bunch of pictures of my heart to make sure all is flowing good. I will hear from that report tomorrow.

good to hear gray!!

Good luck gray! I know everything will be fine.

Back