TOAOST21

Reaction score
Handicap
ok i leave to go home tomorrow and i was given a single golf club as a gift its a wedge, anyways can i carry it on the airplane or do i have to find a way to safely check the club and hope it makes it to the other side

ok i leave to go home tomorrow and i was given a single golf club as a gift its a wedge, anyways can i carry it on the airplane or do i have to find a way to safely check the club and hope it makes it to the other side

To large for carry on plus they won't let a potential weapon with you, they will make you put it w/ the cargo

I think you need to check it. If you try to get through security and its not allowed they'll take it.

Post office may be another option, if there is time.

dude, just mail it to yourself and don't worry about having to lug it around.

thanks guys it sucks not being able to safely fit it in my bag

thanks guys it sucks not being able to safely fit it in my bag

i don't think it would make it out alive. those baggage handlers can be rough on some stuff.

...well, if I was on the flight you could just let me carry it on. I would just show them some footage of my golf game and they could safely classify it as harmless due to the fact I can't hit anything I'm aiming at with a wedge :act-up:

i don't think it would make it out alive. those baggage handlers can be rough on some stuff.

Definitely the best idea around those who enforce airport rule.

Last edited:
Yep, no way they let you carry that on the plane these days. The funny thing is back in 1992, I went to Arizona on a roundabout wedding/honeymoon thing (Vegas to San Diego then Phoenix). A friend there gave me a 7-wood and I carried it on no problem! Put it in the overhead and it was never an issue!

Haha, I have seen them throw bags pretty far.
I dont know why I find this funny.
[YOUTUBE]QLOHtHve_u8&feature[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zb5MddP2KtM&feature[/YOUTUBE]

I learned this lesson the hard way: just mail it home.

Airport allowed me in, told me I was ok to check it. 15 minutes before the flight airport security stopped me.

I had to go back through security, argue with the desk folks and missed my flight.

Not worth it, just mail it.

Agree with several above, when I've been in a similar situation the only option that seemed logical to me was to mail it. I took it to Fed Ex/Kinkos and let them pack and ship for me. Worked like a charm and was not that expensive.

Depending on how fast you need it to be on the other side, FedEx Ground is usually cheaper and faster than USPS Parcel Post. Not sure about overnight/expedited services though.

Back