Need Advice On Playing In The BMW Pro Am, HELP!

coughlin03

Reaction score
Orland Park, IL Golf Capitol of the World
Handicap
Last year I got a card that allowed me to go to the BMW at Cog Hill for free. Drive your BMW to the course, I got free parking, entrance to the tournament, clubhouse passes, free booze, free food.

This year I entered a contest to win a spot in the Pro Am plus all of the above. $2500 value.

2 Ams play with a Pro and either a current or past Chicago Blackhawk. Woo Hoo! I am an 18 HCP. Average score this year 91. Low round 77.

OK, here's where I need advice:

Do I play Dubsdread?

How should I practice?

They give you a shirt, should I get REAL golf pants?

Any other advice will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

i would recommend that you get real golf pants, fake ones will be frowned upon....haha. i have no clue what real golf pants are, i'm assuming that means pants, and not lack thereof.

i wish i could give you some awesome advice, but i have none, i've never played in a pro am. i guess i'd say: be ready to play when it's your turn, fix your ball marks and replace your divots, don't talk when the pro is hitting, and just keep up with pace of play. other than that, have a great time.

That is so awesome! I entered this contest as well. Congrats, enjoy, have fun and enjoy!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I've never done it, but I was a marshal during the pro-am at JDC this year.

Most guys wore shorts. It was hot as hell. I only saw a few guys with pants.

Follow all your basic etiquette.

Don't worry if you suck. Pretty much everybody sucked. They are used to it lol.

I really depends on the shirt they give you. Is it a REAL golf shirt? They have to match. Jokes aside, yes, some nice slacks and I bet your good to go. Don't try to hit the ball a mile, the pro won't be impressed by much anyway. I would be happy in that situation just hitting the middle. Hope its a great time.

i would definitely wear pants, also if you have access to the course the best way i have found the best way to practice is to play two balls, if you stand on a tee box and think well i could play it this way or i could play it that way, it's practice play them both hit more than one ball if you need to, see which way works better then on the green while your waiting for you partner or something roll your ball to different parts of the green, thats how i practice for tournaments on courses i havent seen real often or ever.

Thanks. Dubs is expensive but worth the practicw.

i would definitely wear pants, also if you have access to the course the best way i have found the best way to practice is to play two balls, if you stand on a tee box and think well i could play it this way or i could play it that way, it's practice play them both hit more than one ball if you need to, see which way works better then on the green while your waiting for you partner or something roll your ball to different parts of the green, thats how i practice for tournaments on courses i havent seen real often or ever.

I believe shorts are allowed for amateurs in the pro-am. But, you should confirm this with the tournament folks. If so, wear some nice khaki ones. They go with every color. I wouldn't spend big bucks on nice slacks just to sweat your cojones off in them.

Read this:
David Feherty Pro-Am Advice
1. Use a caddie
2. Be ready to hit
3. No cell phones
4. Use a yardage book or maybe a GPS
5. If your score won't be used, pick up.
6. Forget about score.
7. Don't step in anybody's line
8. Don't give the pro any advice

And this:
Playing in a PGA Pro-Am

Have fun!!!!!

Back