Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to add is that the milling on the insert version is pointless. For looks only obviously.

i like that thinking!!! i know that forum member bama has 1'' shorter than standard shafts, just so you know.

i bet they'll end up in some DF's within a calendar year.

Lol I will not take that bet!!

Different metals in some of them. Weights in the back (that most never touch). Milled look and. And if it is the milled face, it makes all the sense in the world, since you cannot get that one in the regular. If the insert was different, I could see it. But with the same insert in both, why in the world someone would by the KM version is beyond me. But everybody likes different things.

interesting, so assuming that both have the same exact insert, all you're really paying extra for is some weighting and the name? hmm, i've often liked the look of the rossa's and i hear great stuff about the aggsi insert. might have to snag one up, the monte carlo that is.

Different metals in some of them. Weights in the back (that most never touch). Milled look and. And if it is the milled face, it makes all the sense in the world, since you cannot get that one in the regular. If the insert was different, I could see it. But with the same insert in both, why in the world someone would by the KM version is beyond me. But everybody likes different things.

so do you have the regular version w/ insert, they black one that has the milled face w/weights in the back and the chrome/silver color one that has the milled face w/insert and weights in the back?

I am goign to check out the Nike VR full cavities before i make my final decison on an iron set, really like the looks of these and they cost half of what the R9s do...

after that it will be wedges then a new 3 wood...

I am goign to check out the Nike VR full cavities before i make my final decison on an iron set, really like the looks of these and they cost half of what the R9s do...

after that it will be wedges then a new 3 wood...

what wedges and what 3 woods are on the radar?

the VR full cav's are tremendous value for the price right now.

so do you have the regular version w/ insert, they black one that has the milled face w/weights in the back and the chrome/silver color one that has the milled face w/insert and weights in the back?

I have all of them. Black was last years Kias. I have a model or two from each of the last two lines.

I have all of them. Black was last years Kias. I have a model or two from each of the last two lines.

Nice.

I thought you said why in the world would someone buy the KM version is beyond me? lol

what wedges and what 3 woods are on the radar?

the VR full cav's are tremendous value for the price right now.

R9 3 wood (found a private sale for a price of $135)

and wedges i am not to sure...not sure how i want to gap them..

the pw in the nike Vr's is 45* so maybe a 50 55 and 60..

thinking abou the nike SV tours..

Nice.

I thought you said why in the world would someone buy the KM version is beyond me? lol

I never said I bought it.

I would buy the regular if it were me and my money. Same insert and same feel in our testing.

I never said I bought it.

I would buy the regular if it were me and my money. Same insert and same feel in our testing.

ahh i thought you ment you picked it up as in bought it. sorry misunderstood you.

A question just popped in my head and I thought I would ask it here: When you buy a decent putter, say a Seemore, at a store like Dick's do you get a free headcover with? Or must you buy one (assuming they carry it): Reason I ask: I see all the putters displayed around the fake practice green, but I have never seen a headcover at the store. And I might just walk out with the putter without even thinking of picking up the (free?) headcover...

A question just popped in my head and I thought I would ask it here: When you buy a decent putter, say a Seemore, at a store like Dick's do you get a free headcover with? Or must you buy one (assuming they carry it): Reason I ask: I see all the putters displayed around the fake practice green, but I have never seen a headcover at the store. And I might just walk out with the putter without even thinking of picking up the (free?) headcover...

Most stores keep the headcovers in teh back and will grab it for you when you purchase it.

Most stores keep the headcovers in teh back and will grab it for you when you purchase it.

Thanks! I might have totally forgotten to ask for it, putting myself at the mercy of the cashier!

I definitely wont do it now! Thanks JB for the heads up. This is one of the many reasons I love this site. I can't wait for the outing. So many things to look forward too.
Dont do it before the outing. I assure you, you will not want to. For many reasons, but one of them being, expect to see a huge price drop in them at retail around that time.

I'm in the market for some new wedges... mine are worn out. I've always been a Cleveland guy, but now they don't have the same loft/bounce models as they did before. I had the 588 before, and now have the TA 900's.

Never had Vokey, but they have exactly what I'm looking for in terms of bounce/loft. Basically looking for 54/11-12 and 60/4 with a ground sole.

Anyone know if Cleveland does custom?

I'm in the market for some new wedges... mine are worn out. I've always been a Cleveland guy, but now they don't have the same loft/bounce models as they did before. I had the 588 before, and now have the TA 900's.

Never had Vokey, but they have exactly what I'm looking for in terms of bounce/loft. Basically looking for 54/11-12 and 60/4 with a ground sole.

Anyone know if Cleveland does custom?

Not really. But keep in mind that Vokeys and Clevelands feel TOTALLY Different. If the bounce is close, I would say go with what you are used to.

Not really. But keep in mind that Vokeys and Clevelands feel TOTALLY Different. If the bounce is close, I would say go with what you are used to.

thanks, never even though about that, and I know I can "bend" them myself to make a change if I need to...

I need a fairway wood...........TM Superfast is shiny.....OK! :desire:

Hmm considering everything in my bag was purchased pretty recently, my wallet is still recovering.

A man can still dream right? lol

Pondering some j38 wedges, not unlike those being given away in the most recent contest!!

I need to hit them.

gorgeous wedges!

I need a fairway wood...........TM Superfast is shiny.....OK! :desire:

Hmm considering everything in my bag was purchased pretty recently, my wallet is still recovering.

A man can still dream right? lol

that SF 3wood would be a very wise decision my friend, and yes, it's very shiny. actually, the bottom of the club with the 85% "chrome'd out" look is one of the things i really do not like about the club. i have a feeling that it will wear horribly.

OK so after seeing pics of the new Mizuno JPX 800's I will be selling my organs for a set. Dang are they hotness!

OK so after seeing pics of the new Mizuno JPX 800's I will be selling my organs for a set. Dang are they hotness!

i have not seen these cl77, please share the pic(s). i must say this, you have it by my friend!!! hahaha.

i have not seen these cl77, please share the pic(s). i must say this, you have it by my friend!!! hahaha.

They're the replacement for the MX-300 apparently. Which leads me to my wondering for today....

I feel like I badly need new irons. Having been custom fit for the MP68s, I like them a lot. So, should I break the bank and buy them, or wait until the winter (even early next year) and see what happens?
The factors are - there's 2 months left of the golf season here, then nothing until April. It'll be at least the end of this month before I can afford to order them, and then we're talking lead time on the order. I know Mizuno Europe have had all sorts of problems with getting a hold of MP68 heads this year.
Will there be developments in the equipment (perhaps new MP63s?) that might make it worth waiting? Or are these beauties worth just going for? hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back