True Linkswear Shoes

If you sign a contract and you renig you don't get the money you were promised and in some cases must pay some back yes. Otherwise people would take the money and run! If he actually owns the stock as they say he will get every dime whether playing the clubs or not.

Ryan Moore didn't sign a contract with scratch and true linkswear he is part owner of the companies. I'd say thats doin it his way, wouldn't you? So he really still doesn't have any sponsers, they're his companies. Kinda like sayin IJP sponsers Ian Poulter.

I am very intrested in these as well as I have nerve damage in my right foot and need uber comfortable golf shoes. Id recommend Puma Cell Fusions as of now if you have issues with your feet. Id love to be able to wear some cool icons or adipures though

If ryan moore decides he isn't gonna play their clubs are they gonna take his stock back? He can play whatever he wants its just more lucrative to get his brand out there just like IJP. If he was sponsered by scratch he would have to play their clubs. In fact he only plays their irons and wedges now after dumping their hybrids and putter for another companies. Anyone with say, a 14 club sponser deal, would get fired. Basically Scratch has no control over what he choses to play and i imagine the same goes for his shoes.

Its really not the same, like i said he still has stock whether he uses them or not however he may get more by promoting the brand. He doesn't even mention being sponserless any more so i really don't see the reason for the dogging.

If he signed a contract that would force him to give them back then yes that would be a sponsorship but that isnt what is being said. Apparently he DID buy into the companies. I don't think its a play our clubs for so long and we will give you shares deal.

Like i said earlier that program with him on it is old, before he had any type of affiliation with any company. I don't hear that he isn't sponsered anymore so he may indeed have a contract but thats not how it was reported by Ari at scratch. Not sure why he would take a deal from them and not from ping, callaway or whoever. That is why i think he has the deal i'm talking about in that he owns the company and uses the clubs to promote them rather than being paid to just play the clubs. As i said he has stopped playing Scratch hybrids and putter and hasn't been "let go". He could just kind of have scratch over a barrel, so to speak, i suppose.

It could very well be the case that he gives up his shares if he doesn't play the clubs but like i said he doesn't promote himself as having no sponsors anymore so why was this even brought up?

ARE YOU KIDDING? This entire thread you kept saying its different, its different, its different. IM THE ONE that brought it up because this company is another example of this mockery through semantics that is being talked about.

A certain company will come on a board or boards and say "WE DONT SPONSOR PLAYERS, THEY ARE OWNERS"! It is nothing more than marketing (brilliant marketing) and the deals are virtually IDENTICAL! Payment for services rendered. Payment for wearing a hat and carrying a staff bag! NO DIFFERENT!

You keep talking about his hybrids and putter. Have a look RIGHT HERE!

A five-year tour pro, Moore takes over an equity ownership role with the company and has various performance incentives built into his contract. In exchange, he will use irons and wedges from Scratch Golf, while also wearing its logo on his clothing and golf bag.

Just like any other company signing their players to a deal based on a certain number of clubs in the bag. He is also paid incentives based on how he performs. AGAIN JUST LIKE ANY OTHER SPONSORSHIP.

He was paid to use their gear. At the end if he walks he can sell that stock for cash (provisions are in place of course). Or he can hold onto it. Just like a player with any company. They get paid cash for their SAME DEAL. At the end they have that cash.

If he storms out next month with a Titleist staff bag, he will LOSE HIS STOCK, just like any other player would LOSE THEIR CASH.

Here is another gem straight from Scratches website.

Do you pay Tour players to use Scratch clubs?

A: No, we do not pay Tour players any money to use Scratch clubs. Tour players use our clubs because they are the best clubs made anywhere in the world and they help them shoot lower scores. In fact, Scratch is the only company on Tour that does not pay up front for players to use their clubs. We get Tour players using our clubs because they are better period. Other companies get Tour players using their clubs by sending them a large check. Even our main staff professional Ryan Moore is not paid up front to use our clubs.

First of all this is NOT TRUE. There are other companies that do this! Second of all, this is once again COMPLETE WORD PLAY! They have a winners pool and players get paid off of that. Ari says so himself and has on this forum. I put the first line in italics which is a complete contradiction with the rest of the answer.

I dont have a problem with any companies or players. We started this site to rip through the marketing and the crap that is out there. As someone that has spent much of their career working with contracts both for athletes and businessmen, this is NO DIFFERENT than a sponsorship. All we want is honesty and frankly this stuff is a load of BS

Here's the part that I find interesting about the whole situation. Some quick research shows that Scratch Golf does not appear to be a publicly traded company. So in all likelihood, for him to be able to sell the stock he was given in the company it would fall to the other partners in Scratch Golf to buy him out, or some new entity gain approval to buy in through his share of the business.

Makes for an interesting scenario, wouldn't you say?

ARE YOU KIDDING? This entire thread you kept saying its different, its different, its different. IM THE ONE that brought it up because this company is another example of this mockery through semantics that is being talked about.

A certain company will come on a board or boards and say "WE DONT SPONSOR PLAYERS, THEY ARE OWNERS"! It is nothing more than marketing (brilliant marketing) and the deals are virtually IDENTICAL! Payment for services rendered. Payment for wearing a hat and carrying a staff bag! NO DIFFERENT!

You keep talking about his hybrids and putter. Have a look RIGHT HERE!

A five-year tour pro, Moore takes over an equity ownership role with the company and has various performance incentives built into his contract. In exchange, he will use irons and wedges from Scratch Golf, while also wearing its logo on his clothing and golf bag.

Just like any other company signing their players to a deal based on a certain number of clubs in the bag. He is also paid incentives based on how he performs. AGAIN JUST LIKE ANY OTHER SPONSORSHIP.

He was paid to use their gear. At the end if he walks he can sell that stock for cash (provisions are in place of course). Or he can hold onto it. Just like a player with any company. They get paid cash for their SAME DEAL. At the end they have that cash.

If he storms out next month with a Titleist staff bag, he will LOSE HIS STOCK, just like any other player would LOSE THEIR CASH.

Here is another gem straight from Scratches website.

Do you pay Tour players to use Scratch clubs?

A: No, we do not pay Tour players any money to use Scratch clubs. Tour players use our clubs because they are the best clubs made anywhere in the world and they help them shoot lower scores. In fact, Scratch is the only company on Tour that does not pay up front for players to use their clubs. We get Tour players using our clubs because they are better period. Other companies get Tour players using their clubs by sending them a large check. Even our main staff professional Ryan Moore is not paid up front to use our clubs.

First of all this is NOT TRUE. There are other companies that do this! Second of all, this is once again COMPLETE WORD PLAY! They have a winners pool and players get paid off of that. Ari says so himself and has on this forum. I put the first line in italics which is a complete contradiction with the rest of the answer.

I dont have a problem with any companies or players. We started this site to rip through the marketing and the crap that is out there. As someone that has spent much of their career working with contracts both for athletes and businessmen, this is NO DIFFERENT than a sponsorship. All we want is honesty and frankly this stuff is a load of BS

Well if they say they aren't paying him to play the clubs then they aren't or they will pay the price if they get big enough for the big companys to bother taking a crack at them. However sarcastically mentioning that Ryan Moore said he doesn't have sponsers, when in fact he absolutely had no sponsers when he said it, is just wrong imo.

Well if they say they aren't paying him to play the clubs then they aren't or they will pay the price if they get big enough for the big companys to bother taking a crack at them. However sarcastically mentioning that Ryan Moore said he doesn't have sponsers, when in fact he absolutely had no sponsers when he said it, is just wrong imo.

If you read my first post, it was tongue in cheek. And I think its pretty clear. Im sorry, I am so confused by your posting. One minute you say that you should not trust some companies for what they say, and then here you are saying "if they say they are not, then they arent. Ari has come on this forum and said he has a winners pool for his players. The contract is right there! And their answer on their own site is a complete contradiction.

I give up. Its clear based on the two threads you are posting in you have a problem with one company and will defend another for anything even when it is written in black and white. Its your opinion and you are welcome to it on this board. But you have said about 12 times in this thread that it was not a sponsorship and they do not pay their players, and then it is pretty much spelled out in both the contract talk on ESPN as well as on Scratches website otherwise.

You keep saying I was talking about his interview. I never even saw it. I am speaking about the complete BS that is talked about by some companies (not any one in particular) and players on what is really going on in sponsorships.

If you read my first post, it was tongue in cheek. And I think its pretty clear. Im sorry, I am so confused by your posting. One minute you say that you should not trust some companies for what they say, and then here you are saying "if they say they are not, then they arent. Ari has come on this forum and said he has a winners pool for his players. The contract is right there! And their answer on their own site is a complete contradiction.

I give up. Its clear based on the two threads you are posting in you have a problem with one company and will defend another for anything even when it is written in black and white. Its your opinion and you are welcome to it on this board. But you have said about 12 times in this thread that it was not a sponsorship and they do not pay their players, and then it is pretty much spelled out in both the contract talk on ESPN as well as on Scratches website otherwise.

You keep saying I was talking about his interview. I never even saw it. I am speaking about the complete BS that is talked about by some companies (not any one in particular) and players on what is really going on in sponsorships.

No no i meant if they said then they better be accurate or they will catch crap over it i think. Do i believe that they lied about it and its semantics well it seems so based on the stuff i have seen here. But i don't blame moore for it if thats true.

No no i meant if they said then they better be accurate or they will catch crap over it i think. Do i believe that they lied about it and its semantics well it seems so based on the stuff i have seen here. But i don't blame moore for it if thats true.

Thanks for the clarification.

In all honesty i don't like the holier than thou image scratch golf puts out and their fan boys are irritating to the point of anger but i would like to know what the real deal is as i am curious now. I really don't see how that type of marketing could help their case, i mean its not like people give a crap if they pay em or not. Maybe they should pay a few more and get their name out.

Back