Unsolicited Advice?

The BF used to tell me what I was doing wrong (when we were at the range and playing on the course), but he finally gave up critiquing me because I yelled at him one time in front of the whole range and since then, he lets me do my own thing! And maybe its the fact that I'm hitting the ball better as well :confused2:

If men can't give advice to women on the range then women can't tell men how to behave in public. Only fair lol

The BF used to tell me what I was doing wrong (when we were at the range and playing on the course), but he finally gave up critiquing me because I yelled at him one time in front of the whole range and since then, he lets me do my own thing! And maybe its the fact that I'm hitting the ball better as well :confused2:
hahaha... that woulda been embarassing

HAHA funny thing is that my girl gets mad at me when we go to the range together and I don't watch her... every time she hits the ball wrong she asks me "what happened that time?"... it's pretty funny. Usually my response is "looks like you messed that one up..." :clapp: But in reality, she is a very good learner... she actually listens to my input and tries to apply it. I know lots of people in general who just can't take instruction...

it would be hilarious if women pepper sprayed dudes approaching them on the range... hahaha

nice bogey! just pepper spray em and go back to hitting balls like nothing ever happened! personal I'd rather see them tazed! now that would be epic!

nice bogey! just pepper spray em and go back to hitting balls like nothing ever happened! personal I'd rather see them tazed! now that would be epic!

definitely youtube worthy... hahaha

Ok Ladies this is what you tell them so call experts who bother you at the range:

Quote Old Gray" "You had rather slide down a 100 foot razor blade with alcohol on your arse than say another word on this here range" UnQuote Old Gray

Ok Ladies this is what you tell them so call experts who bother you at the range:

Quote Old Gray" "You had rather slide down a 100 foot razor blade with alcohol on your arse than say another word on this here range" UnQuote Old Gray

I... cant... breath... Laughing... too... hard...

Almost every time I'm at the range it happens. I can see guys just itching to come over and "help". Putting in earphones is the best deterrent. The best one was the big guy that tried to give me advice, stepped back up to the mat, swung hard, let go of his club and I had to jump out of the way to avoid it. I found it hard to keep my mouth shut....

Taking my girlfriend to the range tonight. She's been a few times before, and is slowly getting the idea to take the game up.

Already she's sick of me giving her advice! :D

I'll report back with her tactics for scaring me off, but I'm afraid it's more than likely gonna be violent!

I figure it is pay back for always telling us to stop and ask for directions :D

I escaped with my life last night. Not bad. All I got was a few stern looks and a bit of confusion as I barked several orders at once during her swing. :D

She's hit 150 balls in total now, and can hit her 9 iron 100yds. I'm not gonna play her for money.

OMG, this thread is hilarious. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who can't deal with unsolicited advice from random 'Stall-Pros' at the driving range. When I am at the range I am working on technique, so every shot is not pretty. So, when I see a guy mustering up the nerve to come over and open his mouth I take out my go-to-club (aka my Big Bertha Driver) and smack a few 250 yards drives straight down the middle of the range... works like a charm every time! Ya know, I think I am going to start giving advice to the guys and see how they like it ...

Don't get me started about while actually on the golf course. Especially just before we tee off ... "don't worry if you have a bad shot, just pick up...", "keep your head down", "follow thru", oh and my favorite ... "the 'ladies' tees are up there" ... by the third hole, silence. :beauty:

lmao!
but yeah... i wouldnt go giving dudes advice... you know they would love it... they'd be bragging to all their friends... hahaha

Ahh the free advice giver. Gotta love em. I have come to realize anyone that is qualified/good enough to be giving advice on golf won't do so for free. Hell I've heard Mickelson makes other pros pay him for practice rounds.

A few years ago I brought my wife to a range, a gun shooting range. She was waiting/watching me from the observation area. I looked back at her through the glass wall an saw another shooter showing off his long barrel 44 Magnum. An overcompensation choice of firearm for the person with low self esteem. After I got done my wife told me that Mr. 44 Mag was offering all kinds of advice, a free private gun lesson, why his big gun was better than my small gun, and on and on. I asked her what she told the idiot to make him leave her alone. She told the dolt to look at my groupings, very tight. Explained that her husband was an expert marksman Special Forces trained, and "It's not the size of your gun......"

I never give advice to anyone on the golf course or range. If you ask, I will politely explain that lessons are a process and I am not a golf trainer. She the club pro, GolfTec, etc.

All these free advice givers want is in your pants. I told my wife to tell the next advice giver to tell him that she already has an a**hole in per pants and does not need another.

Why on earth do men feel they have to give women advice on the range/golf course?? It baffles me. To top it off, those giving the advice can't play golf to begin with. I notice the very good golfers just go about their business and don't say anything.

so im done setting up the range and i was getting the pros stations ready for lessons
there are guys hitting and we exchanged hellos and how you doins
they were younger guys from out of town
one of the students ( a very pretty girl ) arrives and starts hitting balls while she waits for her lesson and the pro
as soon as i leave to inform the pro her student is here... is when these guys decide to swoop in
little did she know this girl they are giving advice to is about a 3 hcp... hilarity ensues

Me and a mate were at a packed range once. My mate is off 4 now as he doesn't play much but he was an assistant Pro at the time. Pre arranged in the car he went away swiping at the ball, hitting tops, fats, airshots, the lot.
I went to give him a 'lesson' and all of a sudden he was hitting 290yd draws with his driver.

I reckon I could have made a fortune in lessons that day :D:D:D

Last season, I was on the range and caught part of a conversation between a couple while he was trying to "fix" her swing.
After giving her about 38 things to change all at once, she had had enough and said quite loudly.....

"I don't tell you how to &#ck me right, so don't you tell me how to golf!"

I had to go change my pants.

Back