Camilo Villegas Leaving Cobra For Taylormade

I'd love to see him try out a ghost or spider, it seems like the putting really determines how well he's playing.

I think that he is going to get an ego boost at TM. He is going to be their big star. He was big at Cobra, but Cobra is not TM. I think that will give him more confidence and some good resultss

I don't think the equipment makes him any better. Unless he starts using the SuperFast and gains 15 yards lol.

I'd love to see him try out a ghost or spider, it seems like the putting really determines how well he's playing.

Just my hunch, but I think his Scotty deal is going to keep him from switching putters.

Let's say Camilo's game stays the same....does the switch to TM equipment make him better alone?

I am going to say no because, as a professional, I am sure they can have their stuff personalized almost as much as they want. I am sure they are limited by what the company is willing to do for them, but with a huge name player, I would be pretty sure that they would do anything in their power to make him pleased with their equipment. I am sure that if Camilo wanted a forged blade, they could pull something from their Japan manufacturers to make him happy.

I think that, at his level, the differences in equipment are somewhat negligible because the Indian is so very good and if his arrows fit him and feel good to him, than he will kill.

I could be oh so wrong though.

Just my hunch, but I think his Scotty deal is going to keep him from switching putters.
Ok, I wasn't sure what kind of deal he had with them, if any.

Ok, I wasn't sure what kind of deal he had with them, if any.

We dont have any details yet, but I know he is attached to his SC (despite the fact that he is putting issues) so I would be shocked if he did a 14 club deal.

I am going to say no because, as a professional, I am sure they can have their stuff personalized almost as much as they want. I am sure they are limited by what the company is willing to do for them, but with a huge name player, I would be pretty sure that they would do anything in their power to make him pleased with their equipment. I am sure that if Camilo wanted a forged blade, they could pull something from their Japan manufacturers to make him happy.

I think that, at his level, the differences in equipment are somewhat negligible because the Indian is so very good and if his arrows fit him and feel good to him, than he will kill.

I could be oh so wrong though.

I tend to agree with you. But man oh man could you imagine if he comes out and scorches the field. That would say a couple of things wouldnt it? Or on the flip side, if he folds like a lawn chair. What would that say?

I tend to agree with you. But man oh man could you imagine if he comes out and scorches the field. That would say a couple of things wouldnt it? Or on the flip side, if he folds like a lawn chair. What would that say?

Yeah. I hope he does come out and scorch the field because there is just something about TM that I like. I think it would be a field day for TM's press machine and I would be all smiles.

Plus, that would probably speed up the decline of Cobra.

Yeah. I hope he does come out and scorch the field because there is just something about TM that I like. I think it would be a field day for TM's press machine and I would be all smiles.

What would it say about the "other brand"? or vice versa, if he starts slow, do others say its the clubs?

What would it say about the "other brand"? or vice versa, if he starts slow, do others say its the clubs?

I think it is inevitable that people will say it is the clubs either way.

if he folds you could say that the pressure of being the top dog at a bigger company, however i cant see him folding he played well with cobra think about what he could do switching from Cobra's S2 or ZL to the Supertri or Superfast

At the touring pro level, with the kind of fittings they receive and the tweaking their equipment gets, they could go with any equipment company and find a set of clubs that would suit them just fine.

At the touring pro level, with the kind of fittings they receive and the tweaking their equipment gets, they could go with any equipment company and find a set of clubs that would suit them just fine.
That's what I think too. It's not like just because he switches from an S2 to a Superfast he's gonna start striping every drive 350 down the middle.

no i dont see huge gains but fitting only gives them the best equipment Cobra has to offer and imo Cobra just doesn't hold candle next to TM

That's what I think too. It's not like just because he switches from an S2 to a Superfast he's gonna start striping every drive 350 down the middle.

I agree with you 100 percent JL.... I think it depends on who is playing what brand of clubs as to what they can shoot. I plan to let my cobras do the talking down at WPB.
Toaost21 since you are a TaylorMade man I would love for you to be in my foursome. We could have a little side bet huh....

all TM Gray and i love the TM at the top of your list...im not saying Cobra sucks or that they made Camillo bad, hell the club that has hindered him the most is technically made by Titleist, i am saying i believe that TM is a slightly better product thats all

The way I see it, is he could have signed with Cobra for the same amount of money. From what we are hearing right now, he was quite a bargain in comparison. he chose to leave for another company for one reason or another.

could it be that they were pressuring him to sign with Puma also?

could it be that they were pressuring him to sign with Puma also?

Could be. But I dont think so. They knew he had his own line when they purchased the company.

The way I see it, is he could have signed with Cobra for the same amount of money. From what we are hearing right now, he was quite a bargain in comparison. he chose to leave for another company for one reason or another.

To say he is leaving because the clubs suck is rediculous. He won with em before. There have been very few cases which a guy left a company because of equipment issues. One was David Toms who left Taylormade because he couldn't get used to their irons. Another guy left Mizuno for the same reason. They just couldn't get comfortable with them so they left, doesn't make them bad. Theres no way Camillo stayed with them for so long if he had equipment issues. Saying so implies he had no desire to win cus if he did and his clubs were holding him back he would have left years ago.

To say he is leaving because the clubs suck is rediculous. He won with em before. There have been very few cases which a guy left a company because of equipment issues. One was David Toms who left Taylormade because he couldn't get used to their irons. Another guy left Mizuno for the same reason. They just couldn't get comfortable with them so they left, doesn't make them bad. Theres no way Camillo stayed with them for so long if he had equipment issues. Saying so implies he had no desire to win cus if he did and his clubs were holding him back he would have left years ago.

Ummmm. Where did I say he left because their equipment sucks? I have never said that. In fact I played Cobra for years. I dont anymore because I found stuff that is better fit for my game, but there is not an OEM out there right now making BAD equipment.

I'm not sure we would ever know this for a fact because I would think that there's NDA's as well as just a basic agreement that players don't trash OEM's. It's bad business sense and burning bridges like that would be death to a player.

I'm surprised at that, I figured TM could offer more $ and that's why he left.
It always seemed to me like he was really happy with his relationship with Cobra.

Back