Name That PGA Tour Player Contest

I like this format but like someone said previously the PM folks will just have to pick the right 5.

Oh and on #4 I initially thought it was Will Mackenzie so I researched some pics on him and this came up:

Spoiler
alli-spencer.jpg

I figured you boys need a break from staring at dudes on the screen for an hour. :D

We are conflicted with it. At first we wanted to do 1st person that got it right was the winner. Then we were going to do email in. But we love the banter and everybody working together. So we are not sure.

With emailing it in, there could still be banter. But, there could be reverse psychology banter also. HEE HEE HEEEEEE!!!

Lets remember this is a family friendly forum owned by a female

We are conflicted with it. At first we wanted to do 1st person that got it right was the winner. Then we were going to do email in. But we love the banter and everybody working together. So we are not sure.

I enjoyed this quite a bit.

Maybe split the prize pack in half and give one half to the first one in, and the other to a random pick of the other winning entries.
That may give us incentive to try and get in early, and with slight variations.

Also, not sure if you can do this, but I'd consider using pictures from sources other than this site (so we can never be positive of the answers).

Official Entry
1. Woody Austin
2. Sean O'hair
3. John Senden
4. Michael Sim
5. Retief Goosen

I like this format a lot. Emailing in would be nice next time too though. But not 1st entry imo.

When this one is over, we are going to do another one. So I guess it is just sit back and wait now or end it early....hehe!!!

Official Entry
1. Woody Austin
2. Sean O'Hair
3. John Senden
4. Michael Sim
5. Retief Goosen

This seems to be a hit, glad everyone likes it and is participating.

It doesn't really matter to me. The fun was in helping eachother out to get the picks right. Leaving it up to the luck of the draw is as fair as it gets.

It doesn't really matter to me. The fun was in helping eachother out to get the picks right. Leaving it up to the luck of the draw is as fair as it gets.
That's true, but don't you think the PM folks are missing out?
It was much more fun doing the research than it will be just going through pages of this thread.

Is everyone sure about Austin as #1 - looks a little thin to be Woody.

It's the aquaman reference. I'm an Entourage guy and Vinny Chase, I know him.

Official Entry
1. Woody Austin
2. Sean O'hair
3. John Senden
4. Michael Sim
5. Retief Goosen

I hope for the next one i can join in on the banter! I missed it this time. This was fun though!

Is everyone sure about Austin as #1 - looks a little thin to be Woody.
Couldn't find the exact pic, but I'm pretty sure it's from this batch:
Spoiler
496576180_x2FWn-L.jpg

i guess it does kind of suck if you jumped the gun and made 1 wrong pick but then the afternoon crowd comes in and doesnt contribute to anything and gets all the right picks by just looking at posts. but o well its part of it. it was fun!

Official Entry:
1. Woody Austin
2. Brian Gay
3. John Senden
4. Michael Sim
5. Retief Goosen

I really don't think I've ever seen O'Hair play with a blue belt before. This was really fun to research all this stuff and banter along. Hope the PM boys will have as much fun as we did.

Or I guess there'll still be some people who answer without looking through everything! :)

Or I guess there'll still be some people who answer without looking through everything! :)

Oops missed that one! Oh well. Can we do some more practice ones since I do better at those? :D

I have to ask, where was everyone digging through pictures at? I couldn't find a gallery or anything like that, but I love the scavenger hunt stuff. Thanks.

Just do advanced searches for the player's name, make sure you select "titles only."

I think that's the change that'll help the most, pick pictures from outside of this site so we can't search to validate anything.

It was a bonding experience guys and they can't take that way from us for nothing!

Back