30-Pound Block Of Ice Falls From Sky At Golf Course

biggsy

Reaction score
http://www.wesh.com/news/24433813/detail.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- A group playing the LPGA International Legends course in Daytona Beach watched a 30-pound chunk of ice fall from the sky.

The huge chunk just missed everybody, but caused quite a divot and quite a scare.

“Someone thought it was trash coming from the sky,” said Jay Laverty, LPGA International outside service manager. “We got out there. It was a 30-pound block of ice.”

The FAA is investigating.

A spokeswoman said the falling white ice could be from a plane with plumbing or mechanical problems.

It is checking flight paths and radar to see if the chunk came from a plane landing at nearby Daytona Beach International Airport.

Wow...FORE!! hee hee :D

It has not been confirmed yet, but nobody has seen John Daly and that block of ice together. it very well could have been him belly flopping and then trying to sue the course for loss of wages.

That was funny JB :good:

Had a block of ice fallen from the sky in the middle of my last couple of rounds, I would have taken some with me to cool off.

wow thats crazy and no doubt biggsy I would have broke a chunk of that bad boy and put it under my hat yesterday!

Hmm TC has been absent today.....

wow thats crazy and no doubt biggsy I would have broke a chunk of that bad boy and put it under my hat yesterday!

When it falls from planes it is usually due to a leak in the crappers plumbing. So putting that ice under your hat may not be the best of ideas. LOL

That is not the mile high club I want to join...

Wow that's crazy! Atleast it wasn't blue ice!

When it falls from planes it is usually due to a leak in the crappers plumbing. So putting that ice under your hat may not be the best of ideas. LOL

That is not the mile high club I want to join...
Well, if it wasn't blue...like not eating yellow snow. :D

perfect analogy to JD's career.....gone cold and falling fast with a splat ending.

"and like a frozen turd from the heavens John Daly landed on 16"!

Back