Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tcalloway,

Is the distance of the 460 on par with most of the current drivers.

i don't have the 460 and i also have the miyazaki black shaft in mine, but i've put mine up against the superfast driver on the vector and i'll take my current setup all day long. i also wasn't really comfortable with the length and lightness of the shaft in the superfast so that didn't help. my R9 has a 10.5* head and the superfast i demo'd had a 9.5* and the superfast was launching at a 15* angle for me, whereas my R9 was at 12*. my avg. carry with my R9 was slightly longer as well. i don't have any input on the edge b/c i've never hit it on a monitor only at a demo day. it wasn't my favorite of callaways driver offerings this year, i much preferred the FT Tour, but again, this was just for me.

Thank you very much for the insight and opinions. I got the 9.5 in the 460. My current driver is a 10.5. I wanted to get a little more rollout on my drives. I guess we will see how it goes tomorrow in my league.

Thank you very much for the insight and opinions. I got the 9.5 in the 460. My current driver is a 10.5. I wanted to get a little more rollout on my drives. I guess we will see how it goes tomorrow in my league.

you're more than welcome and good luck with it tomorrow. i'll think you'll be very happy

One question with the FCT. If you set it up for left does that give you the highest trajectory as well??

One question with the FCT. If you set it up for left does that give you the highest trajectory as well??

left for you would mean closing the face correct? i would think that opening it up would give you a higher trajectory but i'm sure there are others here who know more about that than i do.

It says 2010 but doubt that makes much difference. It does have the seperate putter well. How did they treat you on the return?

Yeah TC is right, mine was the 2009 and they gave me full credit towards another bag. Check out the putter well on it and see how its attached. The 2009 was attached with just a rivet and after about 2 weeks it came right off.

Yes i would think the same thing. Usually open means higher. But on the pamphlet that came with it has a diagram and shows the opposite. The more closed the face the higher arc. Kind of confusing

left for you would mean closing the face correct? i would think that opening it up would give you a higher trajectory but i'm sure there are others here who know more about that than i do.

Closing the face, IE creating offset, will increase the playable loft and hence for most people give a higher ball flight.

Most people believe offset is put into clubs to fight a slice. That is not the case. It is designed to help get the ball up in the air

My putter is in the process of being lengthened. I have to go to to the ATL again to get it.

that is dedication!
My putter is in the process of being lengthened. I have to go to to the ATL again to get it.

We are open 10:00am to 11:30pm. When it cools down I still want to meet up and play some time. I ain't real good, but I am working on getting better. I love the game and all the toys that go with it. This site is great and puts a lot of equipment ideas in my head.

DO you work at or own a restaurant? I will be in Gatlinburg this weekend. I may just have to stop by to say hey

Lets keep this thread about equipment pondering everybody. Thanks.

I'm looking at a total re-tool of my clubs. I started thinking about the R9 460 on discount or holding out a while for the Supertri. I just finished a demo of the Superfast fairway woods and I am just about convinced that I'll buy them soon, they just felt amazing. They are so far advanced beyond my current set of relics that the 3 wood is easily a replacement for my driver.

I'm also looking at the R9 irons. I'll probably hold out for a deal on these with graphite shafts. I probably don't need the graphite with my club speed, but I've been using graphite irons for so long that I have a hard time imagining myself with a set where I lose that weight or feel.

Yeah TC is right, mine was the 2009 and they gave me full credit towards another bag. Check out the putter well on it and see how its attached. The 2009 was attached with just a rivet and after about 2 weeks it came right off.

Thanks for the heads up on the bag fellers. I'll have to give it a look and maybe consider another.

Thanks for the heads up on the bag fellers. I'll have to give it a look and maybe consider another.

I hope they fixed the problem on the 2010 bag. It just looks really good. Good luck.

I'm looking to buy a pull cart when it starts cooling down. My budget will probably be about $200. Any recommendations?? What should I look for?

I ALMOST gave in and bought a set of Cleveland HB3 irons today. I promised no equipment purchases till the outing but I was near the golf store and got drawn in and found a demo set with little wear for $499.00. I was calculating some trade-ins and what I could get it for but then the good guy on my shoulder :angel: kicked this guy's :devil: a$$ and I walked out without buying anything and my promise still in tact!!!

Just read this on the "other" site...MX-300's being discontinued...Can anybody confirm? I know these are great irons and some of you might be looking to buy a set.

Thank you for contacting Mizuno USA. The MX 300 irons will not be in our line next year and will be replaced with a new model available in early September. MX 300 irons can still be ordered for the time being, but stock will be gone soon. We appreciate your time and interest.

Best Regards,

Mizuno USA
http://www.mizunousa.com
Consumer Support Division
1-800-966-1211

That is normal. Mizuno is releasing a new line in the fall and this will be another iron that is a previous line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back