Callaway X-24 Hot Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review. Pretty much mirrored my thoughts on the X-24's

awesome review JB! it's nice to hear that "long, high, and straight" is also workable for so many. lmao @ biggsy swinging the uniflex shafts!

Great review. Really enjoyed reading it, and it's pretty thorough.

+1...on both lol
awesome review JB! it's nice to hear that "long, high, and straight" is also workable for so many. lmao @ biggsy swinging the uniflex shafts!

JB- since you were seeig an additional 5 yds vs. your current irons, any chance of these staying in your bag or are the Machspeeds too consistent?

JB- since you were seeig an additional 5 yds vs. your current irons, any chance of these staying in your bag or are the Machspeeds too consistent?

great question.

• Admin

Not sure yet. Playing with biggsy again yesterday, he said the same thing, "You need to dial in the distances", because on the front 9 I was still going long on most holes. Im conflicted between the two. I felt the same way about the Diablo Edge irons and their distance, but the ball flight was a little high for me. These are on par with the longest irons I have hit.

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I have new irons in my bag again right now and again after that for review, so I have some time to think about it.

Not sure yet. Playing with biggsy again yesterday, he said the same thing, "You need to dial in the distances", because on the front 9 I was still going long on most holes. Im conflicted between the two. I felt the same way about the Diablo Edge irons and their distance, but the ball flight was a little high for me. These are on par with the longest irons I have hit.

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I have new irons in my bag again right now and again after that for review, so I have some time to think about it.

i can imagine that is difficult when you're hitting so many different things all the time, but it speaks volumes about these clubs that you are considering them. i like it!!

Good review! I thought the Biggsy part was very funny. I am interested to see if these make it into your bag as well.

Agree it was a very good review. And it has nothing to do with the fact I game these lol. Funny how we all just know it was Biggsy he was talking about in the review. The uniflex probably felt like a wet noodle to him.

Nice review as usual JB. I knew it was Biggsy when you mentioned the fast swinger. I really liked the feel of these irons when I hit them, just couldn't get past the chunky look at address. Other than that they are a sweet set of sticks.

Great review! Is the wear of the finish something that can be picked up on camera at this point? It would be cool to see an example of how they look after a few rounds.

The old review for the X22's is what originally brought me to this site, and is also why I took the plunge on those great irons. Another top quality review of a top quality product. Thanks JB and the rest of the THP crew!

Great review! Is the wear of the finish something that can be picked up on camera at this point? It would be cool to see an example of how they look after a few rounds.

The old review for the X22's is what originally brought me to this site, and is also why I took the plunge on those great irons. Another top quality review of a top quality product. Thanks JB and the rest of the THP crew!

I added pictures to another thread, I think it was the X-24 Pictures thread of mine after a few rounds on them.

Check THIS thread.

Last edited:
Callaway never ceases to amaze me with their irons.

got me new set of these on friday afternoon. played them straight up the next morning in me local comp having not hit them at all and was 4 under me handicap the front nine. only finished up even though i fell apart on the back nine (not particulary with the irons) but they were great to hit. added at least 5m to each club cant wait to play some more with them.

For those using these, what do you think of the uniflex in them?

For those using these, what do you think of the uniflex in them?

I ordered mine with the recommended Diamana graphite shafts. However, all of my practicing prior to that (about three weeks worth) was with the uniflex shaft. I liked the uniflex and would rate it somewhere between a stiff senior shaft and a regular shaft.

Kim

JB - how would you compare them to the R9s

JB - how would you compare them to the R9s

Different. hehe

Totally different feel.
I get a slightly higher ball flight with the X-24s
More forgiveness on the toe with the X-24s
More forgiveness high on the club face with the R9s

Both great irons and it will come down to personal preference. They are just different.

JB -- are you gaming the X-24s now, or have you gone back to the MachSpeeds?

Neither, I am reviewing other irons.

Back