Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow!! that's incredibly impressive. that's an absolute bomb with the 3w, and great round man!!!
That would be a great bomb with the driver much less 3wd.

i know! to be on in two on a par 5 over 600 yards is just impressive.

congrats on that eagle again uscgmk!!!!

wow!! that's incredibly impressive. that's an absolute bomb with the 3w, and great round man!!!

I'm going to have to go with luck on the shot, after I hit it, my dad was like, "if that gets there, I'm buying tonight." haha, he bought.

HAHA......my driver has it's moments, I either hate the dang thing or love it! I generally only average 285 tops, but I had one of those days where you know you can load it and swing as hard as you want and it go's straight. Those days are far and few between though!

i had 2 really memorable shots on sat at bull run country club...

par4 #17 i hooked my teeshot next to some really tall weeds/grass/oob... i had to actually stand in the tall stuff while addressing the ball... put a good swing on it and almost reached a tough green way down the hill

par5 #18 blind teeshot... hit a nice draw over a hill... 2nd shot was money... downhill lie... 4w from 210... forced carry over water... green surrounded by sand on the right and water on the left... picked it clean... went right at it... gave me an eagle opp that i missed

So after playing out of the sand all day and really really enjoying all the bobeys, doubles and triples I come up to 17. Its a par 3 over the water. Stiff wind in our face and about 168 yards when I laser'd the flag. These two guys with me both pull out hybrids and hit bad shots. I grab the 6 and decide Im going to muscle it over the water into the wind. I rip the best swing of the day and draw a beauty of a shot to about 10-12 feet. And miss the putt lmao. But I'll be honest I had concerns about getting it there with the wind in our face. Took the par and ran!

Hmmm, one of these, can't decide.

30' or slightly more downhill, double breaker, that was very, very fast. Knocked it center cup for a birdie on a par 3.

or

6-iron from the fairway bunker, carrying 145 yards over a huge ditch, up the hill to a slightly elevated green with a one hop and stop about 10' from the cup. Two putted for par.

My best shot yesterday was a chip in for birdie on the 5th hole(par 5). I hit the ball crisp but too hard, it hit the stick 6-8" up and dropped straight down for a birdie.

More luck than skill but it was right online.

Last edited:
Well this was last Sunday and it wasn't me but my wife Cathy drained one from 110 yards FOR PARR! Straight at the flag, bounces twice and disappears. We didn't know for sure if it went in or not cause there was a little valley right behind the hole. But got up there and wah-lah, in the cup. Also it was the first hole of the day, from then on she hit the ball good all day. Her head is still a little swelled and I am sure it will take a long time to one up her on that one!

had 3 off the green putts that went in today

My "shot of the day" was a 3 shot combo. The #1 handicap hole is a dogleg left par 4 at 450yrds with an elevated green with water on the right. Tough hole.

Today, I hit a great drive(top 5 all time on the hole) around the corner to 110 yards, hit a 56* SW 8-10ft right of the hole and sunk the putt.

A RARE birdie on a tough hole.

Makers Mark on the Rocks

Well this was last Sunday and it wasn't me but my wife Cathy drained one from 110 yards FOR PARR! Straight at the flag, bounces twice and disappears. We didn't know for sure if it went in or not cause there was a little valley right behind the hole. But got up there and wah-lah, in the cup. Also it was the first hole of the day, from then on she hit the ball good all day. Her head is still a little swelled and I am sure it will take a long time to one up her on that one!

Tell Cathy I owe her a beer. Heck of a shot on that one Dub! She's most likely wanting to go everyday now, lol.

A fairly straightforward 10-12 ft putt for birdie at the par 4 7th. Left to right break. Not the greatest looking shot, but the way I was so focussed on rolling it and I hit it so sweet on line, it just felt great.

Yesterday....Par 5, I had played to a number, which is not like me. I ended up on the left side of the fairway to find the pin sitting right behind the bunker. I was 75 out and the back of the green has a pretty steep roll to the front, so I though, I will go behind the flag and hopefully it will check up and roll back towards the flag. The flight was perfect but it was headed straight for the pin, bounced off the pin, straight down and rolled to the back of the green where it hit the hill and rolled to within 2 inches of the darn hole....I thought for sure it was gonna be an eagle, but I will take a tap in bird ANYDAY!

CHipped in for birdie today.

hit a blind 6 iron 165m fade over some high gum trees from the wrong hole which ended up suprisingly 12 feet away on a par 5.

sunk a long putt for birdie on a par 3.

horrendous score... but had some great shots...
best one was a 7w from 200 out leaving me a tap in for par... which i missed

First time on the course ever, 7th hole, hit my 3w off the tee onto the green on a par 3, putted for birdie

102 yards out, laying two on a par 5. I went for the green in 2 but went after her a bit to much and topped my 4 iron shot in.
The shot was a 102 yarder to a slightly elevated green, pulled out my gap wedge and stuck it 5-6 foot from the pin, and made the little winder for birdie.

finally finally! hit a 300yrd drive that actually made the middle of the fw!
303 as verified by justins callaway upro gps on #9 @ red wing lakes...
it was a baby draw that didnt go higher than the treeline... it was like a bullet...
im sure the rock hard fw and the low trajectory played a big factor... but hey... me hitting a long one(in play) is pretty rare... w00hoo

Spoiler
oh yeah... i parred the hole cuz i was too chicken to go over the water and try to reach the green in 2 so i laid up

How much wind was behind you and was the hole downhill? i kid, of course. Great drive bogey...now go pee in a cup. :)

finally finally! hit a 300yrd drive that actually made the middle of the fw!
303 as verified by justins callaway upro gps on #9 @ red wing lakes...
it was a baby draw that didnt go higher than the treeline... it was like a bullet...
im sure the rock hard fw and the low trajectory played a big factor... but hey... me hitting a long one(in play) is pretty rare... w00hoo

Spoiler
oh yeah... i parred the hole cuz i was too chicken to go over the water and try to reach the green in 2 so i laid up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back