Oh MY God, Amazon deal Get it while you can

You're not kidding... I do find it a bit weird that they state "s" but the description offers regular/stiff/x stiff shafts...

Hopefully (assuming it actually goes through) they send stiffs or ask... I don't know if the KBS stiffs are stiff enough for me!

the stock stiffs won't be. biggsy has the 130's in his irons and the stock stiffs are 90's. i wouldn't care though, not to get them at that price. either you guys are getting ridiculously hooked up and someone's in deep sh*t, or like someone else said, you might get a gift card/certificate for the error. i can't wait to see.

the stock stiffs won't be. biggsy has the 130's in his irons and the stock stiffs are 90's. i wouldn't care though, not to get them at that price. either you guys are getting ridiculously hooked up and someone's in deep sh*t, or like someone else said, you might get a gift card/certificate for the error. i can't wait to see.

I can't wait to see either! I too think the stock stiff may be a little flimsy, but at that price, I think I'll sacrifice.

If you go to their website directly, you will see the $112 is for the approach wedge, wouldnt get your hopes up too high.

I read some feedback... looks like this happened with some adams iron's earlier and the customer just got a LW.
Still crossing my fingers though! How many people ordered?

Edit;

"Seller Response: "There was an obvious error on Amazon's website (there was no mention of a $537.00 discount). The customer was informed of the error and the order was refunded immediately. We are still in the process of rectifying this problem with Amazon. Thank you." "

I figure it's not going to work.. but I just hope I get refunded rather than getting an A wedge and having to go through returning that and getting a refund, etc.

same here!

I figure it's not going to work.. but I just hope I get refunded rather than getting an A wedge and having to go through returning that and getting a refund, etc.

Not that it's going to matter if and when this doesn't go through but at that price you can stick whatever shaft you want on them and you're still ahead. Heck, you could even trade them in at a retailer and still you're ahead.

thats what I plan on doing! or maybe throw some new shafts on them too! oh the choices! :)

Not that it's going to matter if and when this doesn't go through but at that price you can stick whatever shaft you want on them and you're still ahead. Heck, you could even trade them in at a retailer and still you're ahead.

Yeah I am not really sure how they get out of this... It says 3-PW. It also states exact save %... Seems like something they can't just back out of... Like buying something on Ebay for a penny...

They can and will. I think the percentage is just a built in program/math problem.
If you look at the list of sellers, the SAME seller (tgw) has a listing for 112 and for 899.

Are they not legally obligated to sell it once it goes through like that? User error shouldn't really be an excuse IMO, although I am sure they will get out of it.

Yeah I am not really sure how they get out of this... It says 3-PW. It also states exact save %... Seems like something they can't just back out of... Like buying something on Ebay for a penny...

My guess is that somewhere in the Amazon Terms it says that they have the right to cancel orders based on a variety of factors, including pricing mistakes. That's pretty standard retail transaction/contract lanaguage. I'll be interested to see how this works out.

My guess is that somewhere in the Amazon Terms it says that they have the right to cancel orders based on a variety of factors, including pricing mistakes. That's pretty standard retail transaction/contract lanaguage. I'll be interested to see how this works out.

Yea... it sucks for the consumer because on ebay its binding whether you make an error or not. They get their cake and eat it too

Here's the "Pricing" section of Amazon's Conditions of Use:

PRICING

Except where noted otherwise, the List Price displayed for products on our website represents the full retail price listed on the product itself, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice; or the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. The List Price is a comparative price estimate and may or may not represent the prevailing price in every area on any particular day. For certain items that are offered as a set, the List Price may represent "open-stock" prices, which means the aggregate of the manufacturer's estimated or suggested retail price for each of the items included in the set. Where an item is offered for sale by one of our merchants, the List Price may be provided by the merchant.

With respect to items sold by Amazon, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

Please note that this policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon. Your purchases from third-party sellers are charged at the time you place your order, and third-party sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item.

well, i hope this deal works out and i think we should give a shout out to bama for giving everyone some pretty cool heads up if it pans out....bama's a lefty for what it's worth....haha

That pricing agreement pretty much confirms that it'll be cancelled, but oh well. Thanks for the heads up bama! Always worth a shot.

hmmmm but heres the last part cut out from the policy...

Please note that this policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon. Your purchases from third-party sellers are charged at the time you place your order, and third-party sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item.

Thanks bama, your the man!! This works out and your the king!

bama you da man! even though your lefty!

hmmmm but heres the last part cut out from the policy...

True, but Amazons is actually quite nice. TGW's policy could very well be shipping just the AW, then making the customer pay for return shipping to get a refund. Who knows.
That's why I'm not jumping on this one.

True, but Amazons is actually quite nice. TGW's policy could very well be shipping just the AW, then making the customer pay for return shipping to get a refund. Who knows.
That's why I'm not jumping on this one.

I just dealt with returning a bag I purchased from them, and they offer free no hassle shipping as long as it involves an exchange..

And yes, thanks a ton Bama! Whether or not this works out, it's certainly made for a more entertaining series of evening discussions!

Man this is tempting!

Last edited:
Back