Golf's not frustrating.

C-Tech

Reaction score
Handicap
God, I love this game. It will make you feel like you can fly, then burn your wings and force you tumbling to the ground.

I spent a week of vacation just working in the yard in the AM and playing golf every afternoon. I shot 76, 75, 79 on successive days, only to post a 90 on the next. Same course, same clubs, same person, different game. If I didn't have a sense of humor and a grasp on the concept of irony, I'd slit my wrists. :D

I know all of us suffer under the same delusion that one day, we will get consistent. It is a myth. There is no such thing. No one ever looks at the pros who miss the cut. Sometimes they go from shooting 65 the previous week to win only to shoot back to back 80's to miss the cut by 15.

It is an ugly truth that if you love this game, there are going to be days when you want run screaming from the course then toss your clubs one at a time from the car window. I know brother, I can testify!

Still, it is part of the tradition of golf to sit around comparing war wounds from those God-awful rounds when you couldn't make a shot if they were holding a gun on you. My last debacle was just yesterday when I took a 12 on a par 5 without really hitting a shot I thought would end up in the trouble it did.

What was your last misery that you can laugh about now?

had Friends in town last week. Went out drinking with them but still made it to my 6am tee time with my work buddies. So I was having a horrid round. On the 12th hole I finally hit a good drive and found myself with just a full GW left. Still hungover I pulled myself together and thought to myself "Ok knock this close, you can stilll turn this round around." I hit the ground a good 8 - 10 inches beind the ball and left my wedge stuck in the ground. The ball might have rolled forward an inch I didn't notice because I was too busy repeatdly removing the wedge from the ground and putting it back in. Normal score on the course: 76 That day 91.
Silver Lining: I get to shop for a new GW

things like this happen to me all the time. i can shoot mid 70's one day and mid 80's the next. usually for me it's all putting. some days i can read them and roll them great and other days i'm blistering the ball past the hole or leaving it way too short. i guess that's the price you pay when you don't play the same course all the time.

it's a great game though and i love it! thanks for reminding me that even things like this happen to the pro's, i tend to forget that.

Back