Hello from Cambridge! (England, that is)

fen_boy

Not a clown.
Reaction score
Handicap
Fore right
Hi All,

Just started playing golf again after a 20 year hiatus. I don't have a current handicap, but used to play off about 24 as a spotty 15 year old.

I live in Ely which is near Cambridge in England. It's in the heart of the fens, hence the username.

Was searching the internet for decent golfing forums and found THP, what a great site. You've all already convinced me to get custom fit for a new set of irons, don't tell the wife though.

Anyway, just thought I'd check in as that seems to be the correct etiquette around here. Look forward to talking to you all on the boards soon.

welcome to THP fen! glad to have you here, good luck with the fitting, it can be a really fun and enjoyable process.

Actually, I got the fitting done yesterday. Ended up with the Adams A7 iron set, I pick them up tomorrow. :)

Actually, I got the fitting done yesterday. Ended up with the Adams A7 iron set, I pick them up tomorrow. :)

nice! great set of irons! what were your specs?

Welcome to the site. You will enjoy this place...it is addictive. I always enjoy being fitted for new clubs because I learn something new about my swing each time. Send pics of the new sticks. You probably know by now THP'ers love pictures.

Which specs? Do you mean lie, shaft length, grip thickness?

Which specs? Do you mean lie, shaft length, grip thickness?

yeah, like my irons are +3/4 inches longer, 2* upright, midsize tour velvet grips with an extra wrap. i'm just more curious than anything. i think fittings are awesome! it's amazing what you can learn and it's amazing how something as small as 2* can help you hit the ball more in the center of the club face. pretty crazy stuff.

Welcome. Be sure to post some pics of those a7's!

Yeah, my first set was 2* upright and 1/2 longer. The half inch longer always concerned but b/c my swing was so outside in I think I neede the added length. As it got better I opted for standard length but still 2* upright. It is funny how one clubs 2* upright is 3* for another club. I am satisfied with current cofig and just need to practice, practice, practice.

yeah, like my irons are +3/4 inches longer, 2* upright, midsize tour velvet grips with an extra wrap. i'm just more curious than anything. i think fittings are awesome! it's amazing what you can learn and it's amazing how something as small as 2* can help you hit the ball more in the center of the club face. pretty crazy stuff.

The irons are 0.5 inch longer and the hybrids 0.25 inch longer, we'll adjust the lie when I pick them up. I'm guessing they'll be slightly upright. I did learn that I have a tendency to ground the toe of the club first, but only very slightly. 3 extra layers of tape under the grips which are the standard Adams ones. I think they might be rebranded Golf Pride velvets.

Those a7 are great sticks. Heard nothing but positive comments on them. Did you get a super black hybrid? I thorw that one out for TC's benefit :act-up:

nice!!!! sounds like you're going to be setup perfectly with the new sticks. seemoreguy's right though, once you know the equipment is fit to you, then it all boils down to practice, practice, practice!!! good luck man, show us some pics when they arrive.

Those a7 are great sticks. Heard nothing but positive comments on them. Did you get a super black hybrid? I thorw that one out for TC's benefit :act-up:

man, you need to cut that out!!! i'm hoping that team THP has one at PGA National for me to demo!! i've finally seen some in stock around here, although they aren't LH, they sure are pretty!

Just the standard a7 hybrid. I'll put some pics up when they arrive.

Welcome to THP! Arsenal or Chelsea fan?

Welcome to THP! Arsenal or Chelsea fan?

Heh, we don't all support the overpaid show ponies in the premiershi* - For my sins, I am a Norwich City fan. :)

Heh, we don't all support the overpaid show ponies in the premiershi* - For my sins, I am a Norwich City fan. :)

My wife said "Good for him!"

My wife is from Manchester, and her team used to be the underpaid show ponies! (City)
And by default, I am a City fan too. I never watched this sport before I met her 5 years ago, and now I love it!

Great to have you onboard and don't worry we won't tell (just as long as you show us the goods). :D

Welcome to the Paradise!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP.

welcome aboard fen boy!

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and :welcome:

Back